Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• grande carte con

ThePanda - - Forum Français

J'en doute fortement. Ils ont récemment réduit la carte des 150 joueurs à 128-player en raison des problèmes qu’elle posait. Désolé pour mon mauvais français - J'utilise Google Traduction

• Quote from Eternus: “Quote from Telerik: “If you load your carriers with airborns ,than enemy carrier or airpatrol from airport with fighters will kill you . Right ? I am now at day 49 still no player uses carriers 128map btw . ” It's not the point. You can't have fighters or SAMs everywhere. I can easily imagine going along shore and jumping with paras to each city, or each bit far away in the interior if coastal cities will have infantry unit (militia will not have a chance with paras, with fe…

• Quote from Caminhante_BR: “Quote from Germanico: “Wait - what? I generally start my wars by researching Naval AWACS - it's a must have in any decent army. It is known... and wait for it: It can even fly. Truly. ” maybe you are the only one.sincerely.. i never see a naval AWACs .. never in anygame. my fault? maybe... But hear the community and create some attractive there pls ” I believe it's called sarcasm

• Quote from Opulon: “Sadly, the Naval Awacs still is useless. For it to be even remotely useful, you need to hear the voice of the community that tells you to give it an ballistic missile hardpoint. ” That must be a typo Opulon. Surely you meant "an ICBM hardpoint and 150 HP"

• Quote from Raf: “Just cant understand why need so MANY victory points to finish game ... 5000+ points for 5 people coalition, thats whole world to control. Why ? All real battle and competition already finished long time ago, all competitors crushed .... why I shall spent more 1 week real life time for huge micro managment and stupid war against insurgents ??? Its about WW3 map, all finished on day 36 (no one gold spenders), but here now is 45th day already. ” Because a) you have the option to v…

• Depends on the specific scenario you're playing, but for 64-player regular-speed maps I'd say about 45+ days on average. Ofc it can go way beyond that

• Maybe you don't have enough Warheads? Pay close attention to the warhead cost per Tier for Ballistic Missiles: - Tier 1 Warhead Cost per missile: 2x - Tier 2/3 Warhead Cost per missile: 3x

• Technology Sharing

ThePanda - - Suggestions

Even monetization aside, this would be a feast for exploits

• You can join (multiple) new games at any time, even during tutorial. At the start of the game you'll select your country from whatever is still available, i.e. not already picked by other players.

• Morale

ThePanda - - Questions & Answers

Quote from OneRandomPlayer: “...I know CoW has underdeveloped spies like CoN... ” I believe that's because it pretty much is the same spy system and CON had to simply accept it in its early development stages (the code being so messy that it couldn't be simply turned off or easily modified)

• Upgrade the Air War

ThePanda - - Suggestions

I generally like the idea, but adding more micro is a tricky thing in CoN, considering how a lot of people play it. Generally speaking, defense is favored because you don't want to login the next day to find your nation wiped out by some measly army (more so if you've spent money on the game). Implementing your ideas in a way that is meaningful enough to be interesting without punishing players who login once or twice a day is the ultimate challenge here.

• Hmm what's this supposed to encourage? Everyone sit around and do nothing until day 60? Or a coalition keeping a single player in perpetual warfare by alternating who declares war?

• Naval units

ThePanda - - Suggestions

I think you'll find that most units don't posses the exact capabilities as their real counterparts, some more than others, for one simple reason: Balancing. Naval units as a whole were more versatile many iterations ago, at one point they were super OP. Eventually, they became more specialized in the game to tie better into the rock/paper/scissor mechanics of the game. Wouldn't exactly be fun if the game only consisted of building three go-to units

• Looking at the Western doctrine, the AFV DOES deal more dmg against infantry. Also, the AFV is more flexible due to its speed and airlift capability, and more effective in versatile terrain compared to the MBT. Which unit is more suitable to you depends entirely on your strategy and the tactics you usually play.

• countries at war should trade

ThePanda - - Suggestions

Quote from scott steiner: “Not really odd if you know the reason behind it. I do it just to rack up points and move on to the next rank ” What makes you think trading grants you rank points? As far as I can tell from the profile, you only get Economic points from constructed buildings.

• Quote from sublimagic: “@Germanico awesome idea again but any reason why it's only set to 6 and not 10 like the top nations in the game have to start with? that would turn any nation worth playing if they could have the same homeland cities as the usa etc ” 10 or even 8 cities are by far not the norm on most maps. Plus, with nationalization you more or less get to choose your homeland resources which gives you a certain flexibility that bigger nations don't have

• surfaced submarines

ThePanda - - General Discussion

Most modern submarines don't feature deck guns anymore. And as far as I'm aware, one of most recent submarines with AA capabilities is the German Type 212 submarine which can launch IDAS missiles while submerged. Since CON's theme is WW3/Modern War I think the submarines behave very much as one would expect from modern/future generation subs.

• give troops/units to allies

ThePanda - - Suggestions

See this post. Quote from Germanico: “Actually we didn't disable the trading due to "design issues" but because of cheaters - and we know exactly what we are talking about: Guys who got themselves banned for using multiple accounts pushing resources, provinces and unitsfrom their alts to their mains. We also know about inter coa trading - that's not the big issue - as you can see from us opening trading for Alliances (you can freely trade resources in alliances games). //G ”

• Logistics / Supply Requirements

ThePanda - - Suggestions

The devil is in the detail here, but I love the idea. The learning curve as it is right now is pretty steep already, plus the UI already has a hard time communicating the existing concepts in the game. But one great way to simulate this on a high level might be a provincial building that grants similar combat buffs like the officers. It could look like this: 1) You must build a Logistics Hub in a city that is at least Annexed. 2) You must build Forward Bases in adjacent provinces. 3) If the chai…

• Nuke THEM

ThePanda - - Questions & Answers

I'd imagine an AI controlled transport ship, carrying the powerful prototype warhead, randomly sailing around the globe..whoever finds it first and secures the cargo...