Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 41.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Yak: “This information gently asks that players surface their patience, as it implies that our initial target of end February will need to be extended somewhat. ” No. No!

• Quote from Fereyd: “First of all, protect your cities. TDS will do the job. Place 2 of them in the cities to make sure you get the Point def shot. When you have your shield ready, you don´t really need to hunt down the subs becuase they are kindof useless now ” I'm with Fereyd. When i use nukes, i shoot from afar and move immediately. if you want to chase me, it'll take you quite a fair amount of committed hunting time. So, the best defense vs nukes launched by subs is to make them useless with …

• Quote from StopThereCowboy: “I've wondered how useful something is for its cost. For example, weaker artillery that's cheaper vs more expensive artillery that's stronger. So in that case, would it be smart to possibly research cheaper artillery at the start of the game (per se mobile artillery) and in the later game (day 10-15) research more expensive tech? Or is it better to just go all out on day 7 if you can, even if you don't get a larger army size in the end? ” I've struggled with the same …

• what's the composition? Just a thought (or more a question possibly): could you send a ballistic missile, trigger their timer, and then send another one without pointing directly at the unit (no point defense) but ensure it is hit by the splash damage? p.s. special forces

• When i see these endless threads, which i enjoy reading mostly because of the contrast of different players and views, i think at times people, especially beginners, ignore two fundamental aspects of this game: 1. this is a game of rock paper scissors. Most RTSs are designed like that. Every units has strengths and weaknesses (well, aside from the naval AWACs, that one is a developer descending from mutant camels on drugs). If you ever played Starcraft II, that's the ultimate RPS (rock, ..): eve…

• Air game and counters

Sgniappo - - General Discussion

Wait... actually, Stop There Cowboy... is the story over? they ate you? i was enjoying reading the story of your battle

• doesn't that mean though that in apocalypse games you can also have - just to mention one - maxed gunships in day 6? Max TA, Max ... anything that eats infantry for breakfast?

• Air game and counters

Quote from Jemandanderes: “And most of the players didn't. ” good news

• Air game and counters

i don't know why nobody said 'rail guns' yet, since they are the answer to everything :). seriously, vs a heavy air player, i would normally go a stack of 7 rails, 1 radar, and mech inf as HP pool. keep 3 RGs back home for defense, and have 2x ASF stacks, as levelled as you can. behind that, you can put what you like, like another stack with radar as a backup, more SAMs if they are really air-heavy, ... That way, - you combine the reactive and proactive Teburu was mentioning above: you can inter…

• How to counter Cruisers.

Sgniappo - - Questions & Answers

i second the elite subs. get them in / close to shallow waters though... Cruisers have a crap anti-air range, so Naval Patrols / Naval Strikers would also do the trick pretty well. Out of the 3, the most effective is elite subs. the naval strikers have the advantage that it's the only of the 3 you can also re-use on land targets. But they are useless vs subs...

• mercenaries (or, as the US calles them, 'contractors'). people you can hire, and only cost money - not resources. and if they die nobody cares

• Quote from crazystoner: “ On paper the airdeployment seems great, first hit offensive damage and only taking helicopter defense in return. But in practise, lets just say your putting all your eggs in one basket and there is no retreating if things go sour. Also i believe that AA doesnt trigger until after the deployment timer? i maybe wrong but that deployment timer is so horrable in combat, alot can hapen in an hour and like i said, more then once i have dealt no damage on that initial attack. …

• Quote from crazystoner: “ First i build up SAS as recon units, ill helicopter deploy as far as i can then proceed on foot, scouting enemy airbases. (at this stage i don't even launch offensive operations against aircraft as they tend to have alot of defense against ground targets) Purely a max level drone unit, that is just gathering intelligence. ” To begin with, thanks for the time and all the experience. on this one, i might have it wrong, but i had understood SFs are only stealth while they …

• I'm a big fan of special forces. for the first time, i'm playing around with airbornes (love them, but darn do they walk slow ). Those troops do their first attack as a chopper. 2nd attack as ground troop. And they get their values (def/attack) as chopper first, ground next. Fine, clear (i think). How do you optimize their stack size? because as a chopper their stack size should be 5, but on the ground their optimal stack size is 10. So if i fly with 10 i lose (a lot) on the chopper attack, whil…

• Quote from 737373elj: “If I understand you correctly, they had already attacked the AA once. If they didn't attack the AA directly (as in, they were targeting the AA unit) then the AA won't attack again until the timer is up.If they hadn't already attacked the AA, well... it could have been a Frigate? ” it wasn't a specific case... am just trying to get to clarity on how the AA timer works... so for the sake of argument, we can assume nobody ever shot anyone before an AA defense in a a game.

• Quote from 737373elj: “No. They will attack immediately if they detect a hostile unit they can hit, then they have a 10 minute cooldown before they can use their AA again. If they are attacked directly during this period, they will deal point defense damage (their defense stat). However, the timer will not be affected by their point defense. ” i don't believe this is correct... they will not 'attack immediately', but attack when their timer ticks... i've seen air units come into my AA defense ar…

• good morning / afternoon / evening! A question / clarification on the anti-air timer - would appreciate your feedback. So, the wiki says that 'anti air units share a global timer', and in our team we seem to have different understandings of that rule. Could you confirm the below: 1. all anti-air shares the same timer (yes/no) 2. if you have a stack which includes both MAA and SAMs, if a plane approaches (when the timer ticks) the SAM will fire. If at that time the plane is in the range of the MA…

• unit veterenacy

Quote from Zemunelo: “ For example you have 5 strike fighters in stack. 4 are the same exp, 5th has more exp. Unit will not merge with others in stack. Yes it will be in stack but solo like if you add 1 asf + 4 sf. That means this 5th sf with more exp and better stats will suffer more in fights thus loosing its advantage (higher exp). ” Couldn't you do that in the same way you deal with health? when the 4 merge with the 5th, the exp of the 5th is shared among the 5 units. Which in a way, it woul…

• Defense of island nations?

How do you? On land, i'd generally build-up a good enough territory around me so that i would see enemies coming loooong before they'd reach my homeland, so i'd keep something (mostly air defense, missile defense later on) in my capital, and a few units here and there depending on the city, but the large majority of my units would be out there doing damage. I have been playing now a few games as Indonesia, and... with 7 homeland cities where anyone could arrive with no notice, i wonder what the …

• Quote from _dany20_: “Quote from Second Cannae: “I feel like a better image could be used here... personally, I don't like the political option for my maps. I can understand how it can be hard to market this game... I just feel like, as _dany20_ implied, political or race-based marketing isn't the way to go. I just feel like this game could deserves so much better. (Although I probably couldn't do any better) ” Exactly, although I never supported either the current bloody Iranian regime or the h…