Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 91.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Naval Healing

crazystoner - - Questions & Answers

Could someone explain to me how to heal naval units. It seems to be a coastal feature, but do hospitals and naval docks speed it up? What kind of radius are we talking and what about enemy coastal waters. Little confused how to best heal my ships.

• WHERE YOU GOING JAKE? youtu.be/mCDA-m-TQdU So your telling me a MRL never shot down a helicopter? Because im pretty sure one of the AA in battlefield fire unguided rockets.

• Quote from Opulon: “I'm not arguing whether MRLs are good or bad, here. But i just say, as a user of MRLs myself : "for the sake of everyone, no buff" ” Come on like a little buff, like 1 point of point defense vs helicopters.

• Quote from Opulon: “His build was only navy + national guards, and he roflstomped the whole world with it anyway. When you are a good player, litteraly anything works in a 4X filled with people that don't have the activity to play CoN in X1. ” I'll give you that X1 players are more active then X4 players, where disembarking is very difficult. But the world is 2/3 ocean and most naval vessels have 100 range, the same as MRL so its more plausable to roflstomp a game with a huge naval force then it…

• Does seem this MRL meta is going to only increase with landmines, as the only way to defeat this stack is to make a stack of the same thing, or rush the enemy. But there are a couple of factors id argue, first and foremost is radar, we are along way from the vietnam war, the Armenia war last year showed how ineffective trench warfare is with lingering muntion scoring direct hits on groups of infantry in trenches. Second to that is the game has to make allowances for bombardments, you don't shoot…

• Quote from ewac123: “Lol, no one here understands NG. NG is a unit to use in first 5 days when being invaded be early game spam. NG goes well with mobile anti air, TD, and towed arty. These 4 units will help you survive an early game blitz. Nations like Austria, Israel, south Korea, who did not join coalition or friends are too far away, need NG and the other defensive units. I added towed arty to help you deal much more damage than you take. ” Nah mate, thats what recon units are for. Since inf…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “I wonder how you fit 9 hours (max NG) 4 times into 24 hours (max mot Inf), RO effects both units at the same rate, so it would be 4,5 hours for 12 hours, still does not fit 4 times. ” Don't look at maxxed RG, instead look at lvl 1 NG. And i didn't say 24 hours, i said 4 to 1, as in i can build 4 NG to your 1 infantry by being a more active player which would require me to load the game 4 times at certain intervals. Hours can pass before you put another infantry unit into pro…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “You can't get 4 NG for every inf, you get maybe 2, but they fight worse and will increase upkeep immensely, not mention that they only start with about 75% hp early game If you have an excess amount of supply, motorized (max level 3) is your best bet. Airborne can be fun and speed up conquering. ” India played this MRL, AA, level 3 infantry strat last game. Then again he also went recon and tanks first. Was amusing watching a defeated Finland just annilate his tank stacks wi…

• Essay writing

crazystoner - - General Discussion

Trololol. Umm you put radar in the stack so it doesnt get killed and you lose all situational awareness. Whos going to sit in a trench playing artillery duels with MRL? this isnt WW1. But if you want to talk about "range" then lets talk about intercontinental ballistic missiles and the 75 splash radius. I think you'd need a 10 stack to reduce the shooting time down to 1-2 hours but you can always shoot a 10 missile salvo. Then again nuclear cruise missile have splash damage and can be shot from …

• Quote from Darkmoonstryker: “I have never seen the national guard spam work. How could it ” Pretty simple, 1.5 movement, put on rush. Building 4 NG to every 1 infantry. Most importantly using air superiority with strike fighters, helicopters, or naval superiority. NG are all about numbers, expect a NG spammer to have stacks of 10 NG in defensive position as you cruise towards their captial, once engaged expect bombardment after bombardment but the real power of their military. The power of NG is…

• There is two forms of defense, point defense and triggered AA If you have 5 cruiser, none of them are stacked together, rather you have them with overlapping AA, if attack a single cruiser, that single cruiser with deal point defense, if the AA is triggered it will trigger all 5 cruisers AA. Therefore i will take a max of 6 cruisers of damage. If instead you have 5 cruisers in a single stack, and i attack the stack, i will take 5 cruisers of damage in point defense and another 5 cruiser damage i…

• Insurgency

Quote from Kalrakh: “Insurgencies are randomized every day. They might happen day 2 at 4am, day 3 at 7pm, day 4 10am and so on They also differentiate between core (day 3 5am), annexed (day 3 4pm) and occupied (day 3 7pm) cities, though most of the time it will only affect occupied ones anyway. ” Ahh so each city is split into 3 catagories and each catagory can spawn an insurgency randomly thoughtout the day. Im assuming this is specfic to each individual player? and if i capture a city after th…

• Essay writing

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “I agree with this, but people usually don’t go through the time and effort to produce these. An essay on why MBTs are trash would probably be very informative and helpful, but who would go through the effort to write it? ” Why Multiple Rocket Launchers suck by CrazyStoner MRLs are described in the current game of conflict of nations as the meta, a unit with high range, decent damage that can annilate an entire enemy army without taking a single point of damage. Despi…

• Insurgency

With one of the recent patches, Insurgencies have change. For what i read i throught that at a random time during the day an insurgency will trigger. What i am finding, is there are large scale insurgencies that happen around 10pm and again at 3am the next day and instantly attack 10-20 cities at once. Also found that they spawn randomly throughout the day and its all rather confusing. Could someone help me out here? Is there an area of effect? like if in 1000 range radus 1 cities has an insurge…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “Maybe if allies could land on your carriers, but who could afford a whole navy incl. carriers and NASF? There is a reason hardly anybody build carriers My main point is still: Range 50 is pretty useless against patrol attacks. ” Depends how you play and which country you start as. Here is my current game, this is just whats defending my captial city with. If you look at upgrades of each unit, you will have some idea what i have prioritized. One of the hardest games i have pl…

• Cruisers primary role is antiship warfare, not anti helicopter. If you want to take out helicopters may i suggest naval air superiorty fighters operating off a carrier with a supportive Naval AWACS. Infact i would argue, that to be effective with a cruiser stack you should have at least a carrier or a AWAC in your arsenal. The combination of both, well now your talking about a highly effective naval asset.

• Cheating - Blacklist

crazystoner - - Questions & Answers

Quote from Fereyd: “Correct, and to be accused of beein a multi is somthing you have to get used to if you are good. Take it as a compliment ” I just get called a golder...

• Try capture fuel producing tiles and place local industries on these tiles. I believe a level 1 local industry is about equal to capturing a fuel city. Maybe you get lucky and your nation starts with a fuel tile you can put local industries on, but if your low on fuel, there is always the market. I tend to sell some early fuel more a massive profit, some countries start with excessive fuel, some start with limited fuel so in that early game its always good to play the market. Likewise you can sp…

• If you want to spot Choppers then get a frigate and upgrade it to reveal stealth aircraft. We could argue real world example of battleship types, i believe destoriers like HMS Defender is an air defense destorier yet destoriers ingame are totally useless vs aircraft. End of the day it comes down to the ASW helicopter and vs an inactive 5 stacks i lost over 10 maxxed helicopters trying to bring it down, because it had a frigate and that frigate was triggering the AA, then it had point defense. Wh…

• Night bonus

crazystoner - - Suggestions

I don't know about you, but i prefer 4x speed games because of the sleep deprivation. Battlefield conditions, is that you might not sleep for days, weeks even. The normal speed games, are alot more boring, in that you can't make plays for capitals, you can't strike with surprise, everything you do has massive leadup times for the enemy to respond which i believe is unrealistic. Only suggestion i would make is some sort of alert when someone declares war on you, the email system seem more about i…