Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 98.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Current state of Naval

crazystoner - - General Discussion

Just build a Navy? Why have fixed coastal guns when you could have mobile naval ships. Thing about Naval Warfare is its dependant on Radar, 75 radar range gets owned by 100 radar range. 125 radar range and 100 attack range owns 100 radar range. Being good at naval battles is more about who has AWAC. Coastal radars are cannon fodder, and naval patrol planes will attack entire taskforces alone and require alot of upgrades to have effective radar range. Cover the map in AWAC, upgrade Frigate, Desto…

• In defense of Germanico

D8911ED4-6638-4A5E-ABE3-B465F2859D3E.jpg

• I just ended a game after builing 4-5 carriers. You can't put aircraft onto a carrier if that carrier is out of patrol range of an airfield, you can how ever send aircraft to the carrier, then send the carrier far out of range and the aircraft will still land. Id like to see carriers increase in speed, they are very slow, slower then all other surface vessels. Or maybe an increase in radar range and this is my primary use of them. Id also like to see aircraft protected, rather then sitting on th…

• Market Fix

Would be cool to offer trades for resources, peace deal for 10000 eletronics.

• Aircraft carrier must be in patrol range of an airfield for planes and helicopters to ferry to an aircraft carrier. If the carrier is outside of patrol range you cannot land on the aircraft carrier. The ferry range from airfield to airfield is huge, where you cant "ferry" to an aircraft carrier, you have to be in combat range.

• Quote from Kalrakh: “Quote from crazystoner: “Carriers are resticted to airfields, you cannot venture too far from an airfield without restricting your aircrafts range. Compare an Airfield - Airfield range with Airfield - Carrier and you will see some of the annoyance with having to lumber around this slow heavy brick. ” Whut? What exactly are you trying to say by that? Carriers are mobile airfields, but they do not need airfields themselves. Also Range is defined by the unit, not the airfield. …

• Carriers are resticted to airfields, you cannot venture too far from an airfield without restricting your aircrafts range. Compare an Airfield - Airfield range with Airfield - Carrier and you will see some of the annoyance with having to lumber around this slow heavy brick. 15 Aircraft, really depends how you use it, worse if you have helicopter docks, then your carriers a sitting duck without something with 100range because your just too slow to get away. They are just a damage sink to somethin…

• Naval Healing

crazystoner - - Questions & Answers

Could someone explain to me how to heal naval units. It seems to be a coastal feature, but do hospitals and naval docks speed it up? What kind of radius are we talking and what about enemy coastal waters. Little confused how to best heal my ships.

• WHERE YOU GOING JAKE? youtu.be/mCDA-m-TQdU So your telling me a MRL never shot down a helicopter? Because im pretty sure one of the AA in battlefield fire unguided rockets.

• Quote from Opulon: “I'm not arguing whether MRLs are good or bad, here. But i just say, as a user of MRLs myself : "for the sake of everyone, no buff" ” Come on like a little buff, like 1 point of point defense vs helicopters.

• Quote from Opulon: “His build was only navy + national guards, and he roflstomped the whole world with it anyway. When you are a good player, litteraly anything works in a 4X filled with people that don't have the activity to play CoN in X1. ” I'll give you that X1 players are more active then X4 players, where disembarking is very difficult. But the world is 2/3 ocean and most naval vessels have 100 range, the same as MRL so its more plausable to roflstomp a game with a huge naval force then it…

• Does seem this MRL meta is going to only increase with landmines, as the only way to defeat this stack is to make a stack of the same thing, or rush the enemy. But there are a couple of factors id argue, first and foremost is radar, we are along way from the vietnam war, the Armenia war last year showed how ineffective trench warfare is with lingering muntion scoring direct hits on groups of infantry in trenches. Second to that is the game has to make allowances for bombardments, you don't shoot…

• Quote from ewac123: “Lol, no one here understands NG. NG is a unit to use in first 5 days when being invaded be early game spam. NG goes well with mobile anti air, TD, and towed arty. These 4 units will help you survive an early game blitz. Nations like Austria, Israel, south Korea, who did not join coalition or friends are too far away, need NG and the other defensive units. I added towed arty to help you deal much more damage than you take. ” Nah mate, thats what recon units are for. Since inf…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “I wonder how you fit 9 hours (max NG) 4 times into 24 hours (max mot Inf), RO effects both units at the same rate, so it would be 4,5 hours for 12 hours, still does not fit 4 times. ” Don't look at maxxed RG, instead look at lvl 1 NG. And i didn't say 24 hours, i said 4 to 1, as in i can build 4 NG to your 1 infantry by being a more active player which would require me to load the game 4 times at certain intervals. Hours can pass before you put another infantry unit into pro…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “You can't get 4 NG for every inf, you get maybe 2, but they fight worse and will increase upkeep immensely, not mention that they only start with about 75% hp early game If you have an excess amount of supply, motorized (max level 3) is your best bet. Airborne can be fun and speed up conquering. ” India played this MRL, AA, level 3 infantry strat last game. Then again he also went recon and tanks first. Was amusing watching a defeated Finland just annilate his tank stacks wi…

• Essay writing

Trololol. Umm you put radar in the stack so it doesnt get killed and you lose all situational awareness. Whos going to sit in a trench playing artillery duels with MRL? this isnt WW1. But if you want to talk about "range" then lets talk about intercontinental ballistic missiles and the 75 splash radius. I think you'd need a 10 stack to reduce the shooting time down to 1-2 hours but you can always shoot a 10 missile salvo. Then again nuclear cruise missile have splash damage and can be shot from …

• Quote from Darkmoonstryker: “I have never seen the national guard spam work. How could it ” Pretty simple, 1.5 movement, put on rush. Building 4 NG to every 1 infantry. Most importantly using air superiority with strike fighters, helicopters, or naval superiority. NG are all about numbers, expect a NG spammer to have stacks of 10 NG in defensive position as you cruise towards their captial, once engaged expect bombardment after bombardment but the real power of their military. The power of NG is…

• There is two forms of defense, point defense and triggered AA If you have 5 cruiser, none of them are stacked together, rather you have them with overlapping AA, if attack a single cruiser, that single cruiser with deal point defense, if the AA is triggered it will trigger all 5 cruisers AA. Therefore i will take a max of 6 cruisers of damage. If instead you have 5 cruisers in a single stack, and i attack the stack, i will take 5 cruisers of damage in point defense and another 5 cruiser damage i…

• Insurgency

Quote from Kalrakh: “Insurgencies are randomized every day. They might happen day 2 at 4am, day 3 at 7pm, day 4 10am and so on They also differentiate between core (day 3 5am), annexed (day 3 4pm) and occupied (day 3 7pm) cities, though most of the time it will only affect occupied ones anyway. ” Ahh so each city is split into 3 catagories and each catagory can spawn an insurgency randomly thoughtout the day. Im assuming this is specfic to each individual player? and if i capture a city after th…

• Essay writing

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “I agree with this, but people usually don’t go through the time and effort to produce these. An essay on why MBTs are trash would probably be very informative and helpful, but who would go through the effort to write it? ” Why Multiple Rocket Launchers suck by CrazyStoner MRLs are described in the current game of conflict of nations as the meta, a unit with high range, decent damage that can annilate an entire enemy army without taking a single point of damage. Despi…