Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 424.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Battleground USA

PerigeeNil - - General Discussion

Yeah, they are only offering like one new one at a time right now.

• 2 Accounts Using Same IP

PerigeeNil - - Questions & Answers

If the anti-cheating measures detect two accounts using the same IP in the same game, it will trigger the anti-cheating process and admin will get involved.

• Battleground USA

It really is a great map so far. I think it really cuts down on navy for a lot of people early, though. They didn't make any of the Great Lakes cities ports (and the Great Lakes themselves aren't connected), so there are a lot of landlocked states in North America. They are killing me with the lack of a 4x speed version, though. I'm trying to learn the map, and the nuances of my states, but it's slow going when I'm only on Days 2 and 3. I'll have a few absent days coming up in a couple of weeks,…

• Battleground USA

YES!!! This map looks fantastic to me! I am an American. I was born in (and raised near) Youngstown, Ohio, and I'm moving permanently to Rochester, New York, in a couple of weeks. Both of these cities are Homeland cities on the new map. That gives it a nice personal touch for me. Also, like every American, I've experienced the recent division in the United States. So, this entire idea of leading my home state of Ohio or my new state of New York to North/Central American domination is REALLY appe…

• Nerf Coalition size

PerigeeNil - - Suggestions

There are maps where the number of members in a coalition is limited to 3. There is also a map that doesn't allow coalitions at all. I'm a little unsure from your post what goal you're trying to achieve. I think I'm hearing you say, "a larger number of truly competitive coalitions per game". I don't think that's as much a function of the game rules/limitations, though, as it is a function of the players on your map. Sometimes, when there are ten (or more) solid players on a map, you'll get two s…

• I imagine it depends on how the game goes "down". If it's just that login isn't available (as sometimes happens), then the game continues to roll without players, and there are unplanned in-game consequences that could be labeled as loss. However, if the entire game stops running (as it sounds may be the case today), then bombers aren't still bombing, zombies aren't still roving, and game time is not still ticking by. Thus, there would be no real in-game loss, and the only difference would be th…

• Customizable News Filter

PerigeeNil - - Suggestions

What about adding a function to the CoN News that allows us to filter for specific countries? Kind of like the Myself tab that already exists, but you could do it for any nation.

• No New WWIII 4x

PerigeeNil - - Bug Reports & Issues

UPDATE: One just poppped.

• No New WWIII 4x

PerigeeNil - - Bug Reports & Issues

There are currently no new WWIII 4x games being generated. I'm not sure if this is intentional or an issue, but it's been awhile since I've not seen WWIII 4x pop back-to-back-to-back, so I thought I'd let someone know.

• No. Movement rules are different in friendly territory than in enemy territory. This separation allows for the Military Logistics bonus to benefit friendly units but not enemy units.

• Ugh. Nevermind. That response could not have been less constructive/helpful.

• Hey, folks. We spend the whole game preparing to attack and defend against military attacks from our opponents. We're aware of normal insurgencies and spy actions, and we do what we can to take precautions against them. Sometimes, though, your opponent goes all out to cause you morale problems, either to keep you from reaching the required number of VPs or just because their feelings are hurt that you beat them. Here are two examples: 1. Using spies to reduce morale in undefended cities. I've do…

• Which of those is "worth it" to you is going to depend on what you like and how you use them. Personally, the following are some of my favorites that I miss when I don't have them: Build/Mobilization Queuing - There's just no way around this one being a huge benefit. You can create a queue to set buildings and units to be created when space and resources become available. You have to sleep sometime and we all have other things going on in our lives. Unless you're setting alarms and setting aside…

• Only infanttry units can occupy a province/city. I have not seen your game, of course, but the most likely cause of your failure to occupy those provinces/cities was that you didn't have an infantry unit with you (in the stack).

• "Best" is conditional, BUT in most conditions and for the cost, most people agree that AFVs are the better value.

• Land of Misfit Tanks

Yeah, I mean, in reality, we all recognize that there aren't a lot of practical reasons/opportunities to opt for MBTs over AFVs.

• Land of Misfit Tanks

At some point in the near future, I might try a Kazakh tank game. I've never played Kazakhstan yet, but I've always wanted to. I've strayed away from it because of it's combination of Doctrine/Size/Terrain/Location, but it might be a good place to get all "Tanky" just for fun. Isn't it SUPER resource poor, though? That might make it tough to do much tanking.

• Land of Misfit Tanks

I was thinking of that area too. I'll have to take a closer look, though, because I'm curious how much Open Ground there is compared to Desert. I say that because MBTs do get nice bonuses in Desert, but Open Ground is where they really shine. Any combination of those two terrains is good, but the more Open Ground, the better. So, I just looked, and Saudi is, of course, almost all Desert but has relatively little Open Ground. You don't get much until you get east to Iran. The Tehran/Rast/Azerbaij…

• Land of Misfit Tanks

The vast majority of us recognize that Main Battle Tanks are generally not super practical and often don't provide a proportionate amout of return for the investment (even though they look cool). Taking that as a given (which means that you don't need to respond with how MBTs aren't worth it; we know), IF one was going to build/use MBTs, what, in your opinion, are some of the best nations to use to do that? I'll start us off with a potential contender: CHAD Landlocked nation. Eastern Doctrine. A…

• Submarines? Or destroyers.

Quote from titankiller11: “this depends on a lot of your reasearch here lets say you have good missile reasearch and you are choosing between the ballistic missile sub or the destroyer you would want to go with the ballistic missile sub because they can destroy destroyers as long as you fire the missile at the right time but if you dont have any missile reasearch nothing like that destroyers always come out on top ” Correct, but even though I wasn't being specific in every response, I was referr…