Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• lol Thanks you for your help we will investigate the issue. Pleasantry apart, as you are a developer yourself, you can help with replicating the issue, we would value any log export and data. People that do know how to export crash logs and how the functions fuck up (and report it) are valuable.

• In defense of Germanico

Opulon - - General Discussion

Oh ok, just saw the other topic about the user asking who was germanico. I will clarify some things : A lot of why i am in the staff in the first place is because the management in Dorado is one of the best and the most engaging for the community i've seen in my 10 years of online gaming. I will defend them tooth and nail on their policy regarding feedback and suggestions : They always considered with the utmost diligence said feedback (through meetings and investigations), but they never accept…

• In defense of Germanico

Opulon - - General Discussion

Germanicno is just a meme that makes me giggle, but yeah, Germanico always was inclined to put into motions good ideas if it didn't jeopardise the business, and if it was doable on the technical side without derailing the planning. Last year, due to mobile focus, it was mostly the "planning" that forbad new ideas and creative visions. I do have a question, though. Why this topic ?

• Hello, interesting feedback. I'm not the organizer of this Roleplay but i can give some insights with a outsider eye. 1. It's indeed a matter of Friendship and Seniority, in the meaning that "people that demonstrated their ability are a guarantee they will provide necessary activity, writing, or stability. There is also this untold and pretty logical thing that admins are the captains and the ship and they do as they see fit, ultimately. They are not civil servants, they do not owe a place for a…

• Got Banned

Opulon - - Questions & Answers

Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from SavageB3420: “Not sure why, im new to the game dont really know the rules but pretty sure i didnt do anything bad ” Did you ... ... use more than 1 account in the same game? ... use racially discriminatory language directed at another player? ... talk about nerfing the MRLS in any way? ... repeatedly disparage someone for their Gold PURCHASES? ... imply Germanico has said "yes" to something? ... ignored a game operator's instructions BTW ... THE RULES: wik…

• Too Many 4X Speed Games

"get stuck at a certain skill level" when they see people debating about what is the most sustainable fractioned sleep schedule to keep fighting ?

• It's about how much we took part, and denazification. A lot of german friends of mine are genuinely feeling responsible ( i insist on the word "responsible" by opposition to "guilt") as germans for the crimes of the Nazi administration. In France, it took us 50 years to acknowledge that the Vichy administration wasn't a "occupied state that reluctantely helped the nazis", but a criminal administration that WILLINGFULLY helped the nazis, because it fitted their rotten ideology. The fact that it t…

• Quote from AncientWarrior: “This is an interesting topic. In pub matches, I prefer 4x for the pace. WW3 4x is my clear favorite. I like the decision of doctrine and how it affects when your units are available. Also with everything not available day 1, you won't face max level infantry on day 1. Overkill 4x is #2 for me. I really enjoy the 100 players, 3 person coalition dynamic and the strategy behind the victory sites. The decisions you make on how to conquer and defend them vs just taking cit…

• Hello, can you do a report ? By the way, even if it doesn't make their use of symbols "allowed", you can mute them : now it works both for messages and on the newspaper

• Dear DORADO Devs, ... We NEED ...

Opulon - - Suggestions

Well, i don't think that there are millions of people crying in anguish for the return of pre-nerf zombies, but yep, i would love to see them back

• Yes. The more we exhange on such topics, the more it appears obvious that "except if you are willing to be active 24/24 commited and reactive", the meta of units varies wildly. I do not play 4X a lot, so... establishing a theory and validating it through scientifical method will be someone else job Even in X1, large battle can be intensive for the brain, in terms of micro management. In X4, the effect is multiplied, and i think that, especially if you try to play well, it becomes a parameter to …

• AVRO Vulcan

Opulon - - Suggestions

You people summarised how Dorado solved this little detail about European aeronautics : "no strategical bombers, and no stealth program"

• Do the unspeakable: Nerf the MRLS

Opulon - - Suggestions

Don't ever put the Strike Fighters and the MRL on the same ground of what is required to use them properly

• You are right, equally for your friend and for me. It's just that we can't really help it, i tie it to people that can't go through a week-end without checking their mails . It would be extremely more wiser to be able to say "well, if i just get attacked in the night, i just got attacked in the night, next", but i never managed to learn this kind of "relaxed discipline". Guess i'll continue to stay away from the 4X then

• Very interesting topic. I should try a X4 nowadays, but i remain a bit "traumatized". I played one a bit more than a year ago, and it was both easy ( retarded opponents spamming infantries, strike fighters, and not active for long period of times (like 3 hours... ) ) AND tiring, because despite the lack of difficulty, it was obvious i could die if i wasn't checking on the game every 30 minutes, even the night. I don't mind "doing it", but i felt somewhat it was not worth it when the "actual diff…

• I suppose that it's fine to quote a surah from Qu'ran, if it's related to the situation, as is any philosophy, but just outright spamming him with the whole text, especially untranslated, will not take a long time to make him consider you are just spamming, and the moderation would probably agree. I suppose it's not hard to find things that would be appropriate to throw at an enemy that you feel angry against. "May the Lord strike you with Egyptian boils and with tumors, scabs and itch for which…

Opulon - - Suggestions

I'm not arguing whether MRLs are good or bad, here. But i just say, as a user of MRLs myself : "for the sake of everyone, no buff"

Opulon - - Suggestions

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from ewac123: “NO! Listen up, waffles... Mobile arty range: 85. Damage to armor vs MRL: + Damage to infantry vs MRL: -+(0.5 dmg less) HP vs MRL: +++ Speed vs MRL: + Resources: ~ That should explain it. MRL has bigger range, worse on everything else. ” These typically don’t matter when range is the determining factor. MRLS obliterates infantry and armor alike at 100 range. No one uses Mobile Arty. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone use Mobile Arty ever. “Worse…

• Favorite type of Infantry?

Concur. NGs shine as anti-rush units in ultra early. After that, they shine as "the cheapest and most disposable" cannon fodder that can be used as efficient kamikaze rushers to disrupt enemy lines and attempt "infantry torpedoes" to cities and assets. It's the kind of things that is incredibly efficient against people that are not correctly active, and you can gut the majority of players in 4X with it. In 4X, i wonder if National guards couldn't be considered meta due to that sweet spot of "cos…

Opulon - - Suggestions

We can disagree on a lot of things, and debate on how to use things, but i am an extensive user of MRLs from day 18 to end game : trust me on my word, MRLs shouldn't, oh god no, be buffed. It's not a problem if nobody understands how to use them in a X4, because X4 are for fun anyway. A friend of me told me he tried a map as japan and his build was only navy + national guards, and he roflstomped the whole world with it anyway. When you are a good player, litteraly anything works in a 4X filled w…