Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 56.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ok. but but... can someone tell us what's in store...? pretty please with sugar on top? (cit. pulp fiction)

• Quote from Opulon: “All this gave me the desire to try some 4X and learn to be relaxed about what happens on them. Not sure i'll be able to ” watch out... i have taken the habit of going online in the middle of the night... 'am sorry if i woke you up last night dear, i was just getting some water...' and it's not even challenges, it's public games... kinda sad to the eyes of anyone who's not addicted, i know

• How do you gents play 1x with units that need supervision? Take planes and drones, just as an example. If i am doing a SF attack, i need to be there to see the stats, the attack results, decide whether to split the stack, whether they should go back and repair or go for another attack... one of those processes can easily take 30-40 minutes. in 4x, i sit there, watch it, spend 10 minutes, decide, and ideally finish the attack and send them to a hospital. doing the same, say 2-3 attacks in 1x, can…

• Queue

Sgniappo - - Questions & Answers

normally that's because there's something else in the queue, prioritised, that will use it. did you check that? can you share a picture of your queue?

• Stop Hit and run

Sgniappo - - Suggestions

sounds pretty real to me, real-life expressions representing it are Taking the enemy by surprise or who shoots first shoots twice or... it's one of the various 'features' that give active players an advantage, like trying to catch SAMs with planes without being taken out. without those, the skill factor is decreased and we go more towards 'whoever builds the biggest army wins' it ain't broken, i think

• Thanks DoD, i went radio silent here because i didn't want to make a forum announcement saying 'i already built a pile of drones, and my tactic counts on upgrading them to stealth starting at 00:00 of day 28, and by the end of the research day turn cruisers into marshmallows using cruise missiles' (yes, i had an alarm in the middle of the night to do that... to make it worse, in a public game. kinda sick, i know...). worked its magic. Indonesia is down. Next... Thanks to you both.

• ICBM's

and, because if you're a drone user, you have been accumulating them throughout the game. and by doing the last research you find yourself with a LOT of visibility (and missile launching ability) inside enemy territory around the globe. In my personal view, it's the strongest tool in your hands (note the choice of words: tool). But again, 'nobody uses them', which suits me perfectly

• anyone has a teaser on what the teaser will say without saying anything because it's teasing? this feels more like tasing than teasing...

• ICBM's

if you want to try out missiles, especially CMs, hear my words: max CMs, and use stealth drones. it is just such fun when your enemy sees 5 missiles coming from all directions, directly on their head, without having a clue where they came from. then they think... and send you a message reading 'darn birds... nobody uses them, i didn't think about it'

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “The AI sells airports??? ” Elon is right: we have to fear them. might have invested the results in cryptocurrency, preparing to rule the world

• thanks much. i'm winning this

• In research, does 'Available after day 28' mean 'at 00:00 of day 28' or 'after day 28', i.e. on day 29? i'm gambling my (winning!) strategy on the former... am i off? thanks much, s

• so yesterday i was amazed by (and posted a photo of) an inf stack crossing the desert at a speed of 0.07 because they had included an air inf in that stack... Today i've seen two more of those, and thought of starting this thread. Here is one killing his own units, which have never fought anyone, by rushing them. to go and kill... nobody. the other one is making a navy in the caspian sea... i guess he's thinking at some point he'll airlift his ships somewhere else... Let's entertain ourselves wh…

• i could not resist...

Sgniappo - - General Discussion

he's using air infantry, which is pretty notorious for its useless walking speeds, stacked with normal infantry. So the whole stack moves at a speed of 0.07. I instructed my planes to attack them. Once they got above them, the pilot radioed back with a ''Sir... really? do we have to? They look miserable enough as they are...'.

• i could not resist...

Sgniappo - - General Discussion

had to take a picture of this. look at the travel time

• Quote from Yak: “This information gently asks that players surface their patience, as it implies that our initial target of end February will need to be extended somewhat. ” No. No!

• Quote from Fereyd: “First of all, protect your cities. TDS will do the job. Place 2 of them in the cities to make sure you get the Point def shot. When you have your shield ready, you don´t really need to hunt down the subs becuase they are kindof useless now ” I'm with Fereyd. When i use nukes, i shoot from afar and move immediately. if you want to chase me, it'll take you quite a fair amount of committed hunting time. So, the best defense vs nukes launched by subs is to make them useless with …

• Quote from StopThereCowboy: “I've wondered how useful something is for its cost. For example, weaker artillery that's cheaper vs more expensive artillery that's stronger. So in that case, would it be smart to possibly research cheaper artillery at the start of the game (per se mobile artillery) and in the later game (day 10-15) research more expensive tech? Or is it better to just go all out on day 7 if you can, even if you don't get a larger army size in the end? ” I've struggled with the same …

• what's the composition? Just a thought (or more a question possibly): could you send a ballistic missile, trigger their timer, and then send another one without pointing directly at the unit (no point defense) but ensure it is hit by the splash damage? p.s. special forces

• When i see these endless threads, which i enjoy reading mostly because of the contrast of different players and views, i think at times people, especially beginners, ignore two fundamental aspects of this game: 1. this is a game of rock paper scissors. Most RTSs are designed like that. Every units has strengths and weaknesses (well, aside from the naval AWACs, that one is a developer descending from mutant camels on drugs). If you ever played Starcraft II, that's the ultimate RPS (rock, ..): eve…