Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 113.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UAVs and SAMs

WalterChang - - Questions & Answers

Just to be clear, the tick timer is running all the time, but you don't know when it will be until it is triggered? But after that, you can record the time of the tick and know that it will be every 10 minutes for that unit for as long as that unit is still alive? Is that right? Presumably you can use drones - being pretty cheap as they are - as tick-bait to trigger the AA envelope of a stack just before your bombers arrive, and save them from getting a double-hit from the AA?

• UAVs and SAMs

Quote from Kalrakh: “But you can look at the SAM and move away before they check for hostiles, which only occures every 10 min ” You can do the same with Fleets, I presume? They're not going to see your radar signature as you approach, but they will detect you as soon your patrol starts, if your radius overlaps their position? So you have to miss their 10 minute check tick, to avoid being shot down? How do you know when the tick is? Is it just luck?

• UAVs and SAMs

So, if the UAV is patrolling enemy territory over a ground stack that contains SAMs, it will be sighted and shot down by the ground stack, no matter what? You can't have the UAV's patrol radius just touching the ground stack to give you visual, without the ground stack detecting it with radar or view-range?

• UAVs and SAMs

UAVs have a Low radar signature, and the onboard radar on a SAM unit can only detect High radar signatures. But, UAVs are visible (not counting to top level stealth one) while over enemy territory, so can SAMs see them and attack them anyway? If the UAV is out of the SAM's sight-range, does that make a difference? Or does the UAV's sight-range radius on patrol cause it to be spotted? I haven't experimented with this before, but I want to scout radar contacts with my UAVs, but I'm concerned that …

• More Suggestions

WalterChang - - Suggestions

Quote from Dealer of Death: “OK, I'm done on this, but I totally agree with you the market could be improved, how? I don't know, but I vehemently disagree with you that suggestions which obviously have some impact on the game's viability aren't subject for discussion on that premise, and will agree to disagree. ” Sure! I think I've probably said all I can as well. I do get where you're coming from, too.

• More Suggestions

Quote from Dealer of Death: “You see, but my assumptions are not wrong, they can not logically be wrong. Now they might not be as impactful as I might think, but it follows logically that suggestions that would reduce revenue, well, reduce revenue. And what you view as a small change is huge in the motivation to buy gold to get more resources. Obviously, no one who wasn't solely trying to buy a win would spend penny 1 on resources if they could get them for free with in game fake money. ” Well, …

• More Suggestions

Quote from Dealer of Death: “2.) Of course I was speaking in a hyperbolic manner, but if it EVEN just decrease their ability to maintain, expand and improve, it simply is not worth it for a convenience point. 1.) & 3.) Au Contraire my forum friend, it is INDEED our business if it logically follows that said suggestions could jeopardize the game, it's viability, or possibility for improvement. And as far as this "But neither you nor I have the information to make an informed comment on how propos…

• AI goes to WAR

Yes and yes. But they'll only invade across a common land border, and not cross the sea to invade, apparently.

• More Suggestions

Quote from Dealer of Death: “Doesn't the fact that they changed the gold model/options from CoW to CoN, at least suggest to you that the CoN model is more lucrative? I mean, I'm sure they researched it and just didn't risk doing something that would be disastrous for their bottom line, OR if they did, immediately change it early on? ” I wasn't aware that they changed anything. To me it appears that the gold purchasing/spending options are very similar between the two games, if not identical. But…

• More Suggestions

Quote from Dealer of Death: “While this would be nice and I would personally love it, I don't think people are getting the idea that things are intentionally set up the way they are to entice people to buy gold and spend it on resources. Why in the Hell would Dorado want to alter things so they make less money this way? ” It is of course up to them. I presume they have the data to tell them how many people are spending gold, how much and on what. The only point I would make about that is (anothe…

• More Suggestions

Quote from SAITAM78: “Market Makers: I believe, and from what I am reading most of us think the same, the market needs to be improved. It is very common and almost infalible that around day 10 there is no offers of Supplies or Rare Materials. I propose to have a Market Maker function from the system, that will make sure that there is always an offer of every material. ” They could maybe change it so that there is a pool of resources on the market, rather than individual sales. The price could fl…

• Quote from Pyth0n: “So like you want the equivalent of a nuclear bomber in CoW? In compensation for it to be easier to be shot down, you want it to be more buffed? ” That's the thing: if it were to be like the nuclear bombers in CoW, it'd be completely useless because it'd get shot down; whereas, if you were able to group them together to boost the HP, they'd be almost unstoppable. I guess they could make it so you have a single bomber that can't be grouped, but give it like 50 HP or something?

• Quote from thanoscar21: “These would be delivered through heavy bombers, and would be considerably more powerful than the missiles. ” So, this would be a 'bomb' and not a 'missile'? Would this mean that they would use the same system for delivering their damage as heavy bombers do at the moment? So, it would effectively be a heavy bomber with an attack damage of 500+ vs units, completely wipe out all buildings and halve the population? And would you be able to have a group of 5 of these bombers …

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Usually it's Fuel, Money and Manpower. My Normal endgame features 90% of my military members lounging at the Olympic sized swimming pools filled with fuel, barbequing hamburgers using wads of cash as charcoal. ” hamburgers made from... manpower?

• Flexible UI Screens

Quote from Dealer of Death: “Sort of sounds good, but could you elaborate more or give an example? ” If you want to fire a missile, the menus obscure about two thirds of the viewable screen, leaving just a thin border around the edge where the map is visible for you to actually find the thing you want to target. (I tried to upload a screenshot but it didn't work) It'd be nice to be able to minimize, resize or move some of them.

• "Range melee" mechanic

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “From my understanding playbabe’s suggestion is, in a way, a free attack from the mot inf. ” In a way. But it's different in that I'd only have it for the first round of combat, and not for subsequent ones; and the defending stack wouldn't get to inflict any damage at all until the second round and beyond.

• "Range melee" mechanic

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Well, I didn’t necessarily mean they would be more powerful, as in more damage, but in general they will be more useful for that role. Naval infantry is harder to produce, needing naval base and such as well as being more expensive. Playbabe’s motorized inf is still cheap and reliable, as well as now being a good spearhead. They won’t do as much damage, but their defense will still be high (compared to naval’s abysmal defense). All things considered, they would do th…

• "Range melee" mechanic

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “I was comparing the mot inf. My argument is that if mot inf got this ability, naval inf would not be as useful anymore ” Sorry, maybe I didn't explain what I meant, or didn't get your meaning. You said Gen3 Mot Inf would do 6 attack to Gen2's ~4.5 def. And that would make them more powerful than Naval Infantry as a spearhead. But it wouldn't. It would only make them more powerful than Gen1 Naval Infantry. If you're using Gen3 Mot Inf as a comparison, then I think you…

• "Range melee" mechanic

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “I think for something like this to work inf would have to have a complete overhaul. In theory, if Gen 3 attacked a Gen 2, the Gen 3 will deal 6 dmg and the Gen 2 will defend with maybe 4.5 damage. At this point, naval inf no longer really useful as a spearhead unit since mot inf does it better, and god knows naval inf don’t need this ability. ” Not sure that's a fair comparison? Gen 2 naval inf does 8 attack damage, and gen 3 naval inf does 11 (Euro doctrine, as that…

• Current state of Naval

WalterChang - - General Discussion

Quote from playbabe: “just buff asw heli, that thing is real coastal def due to short range ” Yeah, but there's still a gap in the unit roster for a dedicated land-based anti-ship weapon. It could be artillery or it could be a missile launcher. (Maybe it could level up from one to the other?) The game does have land-based cruise missile launchers, but the building prerequisites and long reload time make it pretty unappealing to build for that purpose (or any other purpose, for that matter!). The…