Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 164.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from jemandanderes: “I'm not quite sure tho if stealth aircraft on the ground still has Stealth, but I don't see a reason for it not be. ”

• Quote from Teburu: “Because lets overcomplicate the game where people can't even be bothered to read the unit description amirite? ” You're right, it would have to be kept as simple as possible. I'm only talking about introducing a new scenario to run alongside the current ones as an alternative, not about changing the whole game into something different.

• Yeah, I think a HP buff would be good. Also, perhaps get rid of the requirement for tier 2 CMs to cost 2 warheads instead of 1? The main reason to upgrade CMs is to give them more HP. The actual damage strength of level 1s is fine, but you need the extra HP in order to land a successful strike. But the tier 2 requirement of 2 warheads is a disincentive to upgrade them and I don't see a good reason for it, gameplay-wise.

• ...something along the lines of awarding VPs for winning wars, rather than only for conquering territory. So, you neutralise a country's military, and then demand a surrender (some kind of in-game peace treaty system?), and you get VPs according to the amount of enemy military power you have neutralised in that war. You wouldn't have to wipe them off the map in order to do this - in fact, you could give more prominence to the "Annex" feature as part of this system, so at the end of a war the win…

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Or, ... maybe he had no useful suggestion at all, and was hoping for some magic new game mode victory conditions. ” Pretty much! I think it's a difficult one. CoN does a good job of representing modern day weaponry in a way that's fun and competitive for an online strategy game. The way the units work is, on the whole, relatable to the real world. But the scenarios aren't - not even close. There is not a single nation on Earth that has global military conquest even r…

• Quote from Aurimas: “I would be open for discussion why there is no diplomatic victories points where you not lost any home city and probably even took some other countries or even helped the winning team to win but there was no place for you in both fighting sides or so. ” I'd be interested in a new game-mode that had different victory conditions from simply conquer X amount of territory. I think it might be quite a difficult thing to get right, but something a bit more reflective of the real w…

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “DONT CALL IT A.I. ” The code that controls what the Computer Players do. They updated the C.T.C.W.C.P.D. in CoW to the "Elite" version across all game modes and removed the standard mode of C.T.C.W.C.P.D. altogether, whereas CoN still appears to use the old standard version of CTCWCPD. For example, in CoW the computer players are a bit more aggressive in terms of war declarations and invasions, but they don't do the thing where they instantly charge at any ranged bombar…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “The AI is probably the same they had in Supremacy 1914 in regards of market. It worked decent there, because certain countries had natural lack of certain resources so AI had to trade to compensate. Does not work this way in CON, because countries are better balanced, only very few like Koreas have a real imbalance. ” Yeah, on the face of it the market is the same as it always was in S1914. Probably the same as CoW as well, although I believe they updated the AI in that one …

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Doesn't work well for who? Players, ... or Dorado? ” Yes.

• Quote from jemandanderes: “Quote from WalterChang: “As long as you don't actually get your units into a fight during that time, I think I'm right in saying that the other countries' status will remain at "peace" with you throughout. ” No, you aren't. ” Ah well. Though, if someone is blocking the market, I'd call that valid justification (if any were needed) for declaring war, anyway. You just have to do some espionage to find out which country is doing it. The other alternative is just to get in…

• Quote from Freedom Fighter: “Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from jemandanderes: “So if there are multiple offers and you pick a worse price you get the better price? I didn't expect that. ” yes that's how it works, it is just another aspect of strategy that the OP apparently doesn't appreciate ” In effect, the market is locked as in if I wish to sell to a player in my coalition I can't because the player that has put up a trade of 5K+ at the max price will automatically get that tradeIn othe…

• It's quite a lot. If you've got more than 1 unit in your stack when you decide to retreat, you're probably going to lose at least 1 of them. The upside is that you don't lose all of them by continuing a losing fight.

• This is getting way off the point. Helicopters are strong units, but MAAVs do an adequate job of defending a stack against them in their current state. They don't need a buff, and helis don't need a nerf. Good players will use smart strategies to tip the balance in their favour, but those strategies are equally available to both sides in any conflict.

• Quote from Kalrakh: “It es less a superior tactic and more an huge advantage from aircrafts compared to other unit groups, though I was talking about faster healing, not unit merging. ” The faster healing is an advantage for aircraft, yes. But isn't that advantage cancelled out somewhat by the fact that ground units can entrench to reduce incoming damage? And by the fact that if air units are caught while healing by an enemy attack, they die very easily? If the Heli player is able to use smart s…

• Ok, but are you suggesting that if a player is using multiple stacks of helicopters to merge with each other and keep the HP up, that this means they are OP against MAAV? To me, that would be one player beating the other by using superior tactics, not a flaw in the unit balance.

• Quote from Kalrakh: “The problem is, that is theory crafting, no good player uses his choppers to the bone, he will grind the MAAVs down without ever losing a unit. ” If there's 5 choppers against 5 MAAV, the chopper player will lose 1 heli in the first strike. Plus, there's nothing to stop the MAAV player healing his units, or merging them with fresh units in between attacks, either. To me it's an even contest, and fine the way it is.

• Quote from jemandanderes: “Quote from WalterChang: “Sorry to ruin this thread by making a serious suggestion, but I would get rid of their Conquer Territory ability, chop the mobilization time and cost in half, and allow them to be produced in rural provinces. ” Is this a joke?If yes, you shouldn't start a joke with saying you are serious. If no, the Conquer Territory ability is the main reason to make NG: to have a cheap thing that can conquer the provinces before your artillery enters them. Re…

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “I dont get it. The last time I attacked a unit with active AA defense (fregatte, maav, SAM) the always deal damage twice. First the 10 min active attack and then the point defense. Am I doing something wrong here? ” MAAVs at lower levels only have an attack range of 26, while air units (strike fighters and helis) have a patrol attack radius of 50. Therefore, you can apparently avoid getting inside the attack range of the MAAV by using the very edge of the air unit's pat…

• Quote from Vulcan21: “The MAAVs have range attacks and are done when rotary or fixed wing targets enter the range. This should be agreed upon by everyone it's a fact. That's how the game works. If you read the MAAV unit description it will tell you that it's strong against helicopters specifically. ” The helicopters can avoid the MAAV's ranged attack by using its own patrol range to its maximum extent, and only overlapping the MAAV's position by a tiny amount. That way, the helis can get their a…

• I'd like to have a look at the results if the MAAV's ranged attack damaged is applied, as suggested by some. My feeling is that this would unbalance things too far away from the helicopters, but that's just my opinion. So... 5 Western AH have 42.5 attack damage and 100 HP 5 EU MAAV have 27.5 attack damage + 27.5 point defence and 125 HP; 5 EU MRL have 0 damage and 75 HP (combined 200 HP) 1. Ground stack attacks with 27.5 damage: Helis reduced to 72.5 HP (4 AH @ 91%) AH attack with about 31 damag…