Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cosplay

Kalrakh - - General Discussion

I know some people like to roleplay, though cosplay is a next level that I did not even imagined.

• CITY OF LIGHTS

As Opulon pointed out, this game is to 'casual' for this kind of micomanagement. There are other games for this kind of detailed gameplay like Hearts of Iron.

• CITY OF LIGHTS

Give Hearts of Iron a try, if you wish to bother about upkeep in a more literal way

• While doing patrol aircrafts are considered moving around in patroling space

• If the patrol radius of a unit cuts with the radar range of a different unit, they get seen as a radar dot. If the patrol radius cuts with the sight range of a unit they get even revealed. If the patrol radius cuts with the AA radius of a unit, the AA unit can fire. They changed it quite a while ago when the made the huge overhaul for radar and stealth.

• It takes 2 days to be considered inactive and also only works on 1x maps, as far as I know. So not on speed maps.

• CITY OF LIGHTS

Sometimes I already can hardly distinguish my units when there is a lot of small provinces, patrols and smoking cities. Or when the unit icon is bigger then the path you want to walk. I do not want to imagine how it would be 'at night', and I play on a PC. First I would like an option to disable all those animations and maybe turn armies into pins, like Supremacy 1914 offered.

• If you are inactive, you get replaced by AI and it should not affect your stats anymore. If you have SC however, you can't drop inactive anymore.

• Day 1 guide

Don't overthink day 1, it is only day 1 so not that important. Important is to plan ahead: - Where do I want to stand in 1 week? - What kind of units do I want to use? - How high is my production? - How many cities can I afford to keep producing units all the time? Many players start their day 1 by building Recruiting Office 1 and Army Base 1 in every city, which is just a waste of resources. 3-4 Army Bases are sufficient for producing some infantry or recons. Recruitment Office is even more use…

• Day 1 guide

Quote from Opulon: “I won, but still, i was terrified ” But because of other reasons though *cough* The choppers also helped you win the challenge with PK

• A good chess player checkmates you in a few turns, if you do not know how to counter those typical moves, as far as I know

• Day 1 guide

Corvette can be research day 1 yes, but it takes you about 1 day to get the required buildings for it ASF is always a good pick for early, takes you half a day for the AI 1 but they are most versatile unit if you have 6 cities with 2 supply best to go for motorized infantry if you have 5 or more but only 1 supply city better go with recon, they are better for offense, spaming only infantry would put you in a serious supply imbalance and hinder further researching As Teburu already pointed out, m…

• We suffered heavy losses in a alliance challenge because of it

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “well this is ImHO a bug. Because airforce and landunit is per definition 2 single stacks. Even when the airforce is on the ground and refueling. ” 2 different stacks, so can't be one attack: you could call it splash damage also you can check your choppers, if they are described as: 'attacking'

• I enjoy Stellaris more too, though only the early phase. Where you can find new stuff, make archologic digging, late game gets boring quite fast xD

• Only one stack can defend, so every other stack in the city gets considered 'attacking'

• Quote from Buckeyechamp: “Exactly.. key to air game is a jaccked up hosptial base.. can fly back 9 units at 4 hp / day nd heal 1.5 units. But not a fan of choppers.. too slow ... short range and dead in the sky against real air. Choppers great day 5 but day 20 pretty useless. ” Only if you play badly with them, not to mention that those stealth Elite Chopper are pretty op

• Shore bombardment

Missiles are part of the basic armament of ships, they are not using cannons only, even though the animation might look like. Same as attack choppers which are strong against armored units because their main attack is anti-armor missiles. Subs on the contrary for example are mainly using torpedos, the reason they can't bombard coasts for example.

• It depends a lot on the game genre and what kind of realism we are talking about. Having to resupply your troops by producing weapons and other stuff in your factories and keep your front line supplied, so they do not suffer from attrition like in HOI can be fun. Having to mine for diamonds and iron in Minecraft can be fun, though having to spend 200kg of iron to forge a 20 kg chest plate, like I saw in some other game, really misses the fun and the realism check mark. Having to replace your swo…

• You need a lot of patience to go to war in these countries, depending on your country and your political core. Going facist surely helps with going to war in HOI, and a lot of other aspects. The combat is really annoying, the only thing I enjoyed in HOI4 was the 'skill trees' and developing your country facilities.