Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CITY OF LIGHTS

Opulon - - General Discussion

This is actually cool and could work.

• CITY OF LIGHTS

I all agree with you, because i love to have to play with new systems, but i think it's not hard to agree that it doesn't work for a game that wants to keep a casual player base Supplies were attempted in beta at some points, and do any of you remember ATTRITION that damaged your units if you left them in hard terrains for too long ? This has disappeared, the bulk of players, especially mobile, doesn't enjoy nor understand it.

• I agree it's unfair, but it's a consequence of how the system has been designed. Maybe some units could have a bit more sight range than their "patrol area" when they are in patrol, as to compensate a little. May be unfair in its own meaning, though.

• Day 1 guide

I never invested manpower for such research on public games, to be honest, but maybe the raw data for research time/unit costs/times that are used in most challenges may spare you tedious hand data gathering.

• Yep. And it's actually incredibly relatable to CoN. Those "quick checkmates" can only work against clueless opponents. If they are attemped (even in how you deploy your assets) against someone that knows a bit how chess work, you actually end in a bad position. I remember a quote from a grand master that went something like "Those openings are a russian roulette : either he is a fool, or you are"

• Day 1 guide

Quote from Kalrakh: “Quote from Opulon: “I won, but still, i was terrified ” But because of other reasons though *cough* The choppers also helped you win the challenge with PK ” It allowed me to demonstrate to Nelva that "in theory", a pure ASF build could allow to spare on Mobile Anti-Air. However, i also added that the sheer tensions and the odds that the air player would "fuck up" at some point, making a bad call, of yielding to pressure and taking a SAM hit, made it... counter productive. Th…

• Day 1 guide

I won, but still, i was terrified

• Your wish about meta is pious but even Chess have a meta. Even THROWING A COIN has a meta to ensure you get "the most" of the 50/50 . Where there is a game, there is a human retroengineering the system to use it as its fullest. People have a vast array of units to build : no country would just equip people with guns and call it a army. And yet, they spam infantry. So of course, people spam Strike Fighters, it's meta in its own perspective. Ultimately, humans make the perfect game balance fail ^^…

• Day 1 guide

Indeed, it's not good to passively wait for "something to be ready". Everything must be part of the offensive momentum. I mean, in the hypothesis of a turtle that would be very good against strike fighters, you still lose against strike fighters, even if you do a excellent K/D ---> Missing on the growth curve for industry and economy defeats the purpose of doing a good build, if one sacrifices the other. Hopefully, people with a brain tend to learn pretty quickly that one is not contradictory to…

• Day 1 guide

I think it's a little bit limitative to only encompass day 1. I will not elaborate on how much i disagree with 70% of the part 1, and 50% of the part 2, i'm shellshocked. You know, this impression that somehow, we didn't play the same game at all, and i'm left in a spiral of self-doubt about "is it what someone that played for years reaches as conclusions pertaining to the game ?" I'll let anyone who is willing to follow this path, well, follow it. I'm ready to acknowledge that i'm a noob and al…

• On the ground when refueling, they are considered truck. 0,5 hard and soft damage, i reckon ?

• CITY OF LIGHTS

I don't want to answer endless "why is it night everywhere when there are timezone" tickets

• i wouldn't be surprised, tbh. It makes sense for how the game is designed (overstacking or lack of spacing is punished like hell)

• Try the "Gigastructures" mod. It makes the Science Nexus looks like a early game goal

• Ohhhh, this explains that.

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “Ok. So i have conquered a city. there is a TD in the city full health and i have 3 helicopters (full health) landing an refueling. Suddenly i see 2 lvl 3 inf coming towards the city...unfortunatly faster then my helicopters can refuel and escape. I bothed as i shoudl have run with the TD to block them from reaching the city center but anyway i think...what big damage coudl they do...its just 2 inf...so i let them advance. They attack and...bamm! I loose 1 helicopter and…

• Hearts of Iron IV is fun in multiplayer, but i must admit i prefer Stellaris.

• I'm too young for those references :D. But no, i especially don't want "Achilles reborn" guys . If possible, i would like them to go in alliances i would be less sad if i learn that someone disrupted them and their social tissue because he was convinced he deserved everything out of his unvainquishable might (and the few that beated him did so by malice) Kurt, if i may say, Imperator Rome may be their poorest game since a decade, for good reasons. Not that it can't be enjoyable, of course, but j…

• If FUN = Gameplay vs Realism = Simulation Then 80% FUN / 20% Realism, for me. I would like to insist that for me, what we call realism is not actually realistic. We want something that looks like "plausible" to our own incorrect understanding of reality. Hence why, playing a game, i want to have a good game under the hands, that feel "plausible" for the situation it depicts, so that i can maintain my suspension of disbelief. I also play "Command", that is more like 10% Fun and 90% Realism (Plaus…

• Yes, you need to be kind with the curious and kind young players. You can still troll the awful ones, though