Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 233.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I was first introduced to Supremacy 1914 back in the early Cretaceous period by getting involved in a private game between people from another forum that I was using at the time. Got quite addicted to it. Then when Call if War came out, I have it a try and got addicted to that instead. A year or so ago there was some kind of update or special offer on the news section of the CoW front page, and it said that it applied to all the games in the franchise, including Conflict of Nations. I hadn't hea…

• You just have to click on one of your units. It'll be called "44th ASW Squadron" or "11th Naval AWACS Wing" or something.

• According the the game's terminology, each ground unit is a Battalion and 3 or more in a stack is a Division. One air unit is a Squadron, and 3 or more is a Wing. A ship is a ship. Three to five ships is a Task Force. (I know submarines are 'boats', rather than ships, but I think the same principle applies!) I think that kind of works. It's not consistent, but I don't think that matters.

• Revealing Stealth

WalterChang - - Suggestions

Well, I'd say the point of the forum, especially suggestions, is for players to discuss ideas in a place where the devs can read them. I wasn't specifically trying to convince you with this! I was just addressing the points that you made. Suggestions work better if people respond with criticism and put them through their paces - so thanks for that. All the best with your job!

• Revealing Stealth

Quote from KFGauss: “Real world submarines are sneaky, but they can't change physics. A drunken fisherman using a fish-finding Sonar can spot a submarine that's within their fish-finding Sonar's range. Similarly, an old cheap corvette with a military Sonar can find subs, and it will have a greater submarine-detection range than the drunken fisherman will. If an old (or a new) Corvette is using active Sonar while patrolling an area, it can find big metal submarines, no matter how new and quiet th…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “Bombers are unable to see stealth ASF, so they might be a possible though unlikely option ” It definitely wasn't that, because he conventional ASFs are only L2, so he can't have got any stealths. I think it must have been another SAM unit. This guy has SAMs in all him homeland cities, but none of them were inside the radius of the one I attacked. However, one of them is close enough that the bombers' patrol range would have just about overlapped the AA envelope of a neighbou…

• I've just done an air strike by 3 stealth bombers (heavy) on a city containing 1 L3 SAM (9 damage f/w) and 5 L2 SFs (2 damage each vs f/w) patrolling above. To my understanding, my bombers should have received around 19 damage on average, because they shouldn't be affected by AA envelopes and so only receive Point Defence (each bomber has 26HP, so I thought it'd be a safe-ish shot). However, they actually received 41 damage, and I lost a plane. Bit disappointed, but I'm assuming it's got to be b…

• Revealing Stealth

Quote from Teburu: “not really that big of a fan; i also dont think that its gonna do much if anything at all to naval warfare; navy vs navy is already an armsrace of having the higher tier unit to begin with really doesnt add much beyond yet another tedious thing to look out for; units have hardcounters for a reason… ” What it does is allow stealth units to be utilized properly, and in more situations. As the game is now, you don't use submarines because of their stealth, because their stealth …

• Revealing Stealth

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “I support this although it would be ineffective for Anti-air, as the AA only really get stealth detection at max level anyway ” Yeah. There's only one level of stealth aircraft, so it only needs one "reveal stealth" attribute at tier 2 or 3 for countering. The main purpose of it would be for Submarines and Spec Ops, where there is a more direct level-for-level comparison when it comes to units that can reveal them. However, not all unit types have the same number of …

• There is an issue where radar contacts do not display on the mobile version unless you are zoomed right in. You have to go round each of your radar-equipped units and zoom in so that you can check if they have any contacts, because if you just move around the map when you're zoomed out, you don't see them. This is a bit of a hassle if you are checking over a large area.

• Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from WalterChang: “Well, I had my 5 L5 ASWHs by Day 26. It's now Day 42 (they're now L6). In that 2 week period I've used them in battle 3 times, and the rest of the time they've been out spotting for incoming threats. There aren't any units that I don't have, that I wish I did have at this point - or before, come to that. ” Side topic (This isn't an ASW Heli question) @WalterChang- In that game you just described (that has reached Day 42) are you working solo or are y…

• Where is the V-sign emoji? Can't find it anywhere...

• Well, I had my 5 L5 ASWHs by Day 26. It's now Day 42 (they're now L6). In that 2 week period I've used them in battle 3 times, and the rest of the time they've been out spotting for incoming threats. There aren't any units that I don't have, that I wish I did have at this point - or before, come to that.

• Revealing Stealth

I kind of feel like this could do with some work. In Call of War 1942, stealth units can only be revealed by units that are the same level as them, or higher. So if you've got level 5 submarines, your enemy would need to have his destroyers or naval bombers up to level 5 as well in order to spot them. It works pretty well, and I think it's something that feels a bit lacking when you play Conflict of Nations. It's annoying, for example, to have spent all the time and resources getting your Spec O…

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “if you have the time and resosurces o bring your ASW Helis to lvl 5 or shoudl ask yourself if you ahve missed soemthing else important.... ” Well, I've done it in my current game. Because they're quite useless pre-level 5, I didn't start researching/building them until about 5 days before L5 was going to be available. I've permanently got 5 of them patrolling my homeland coastal waters, and I've used them in a single stack to help my surface ships fend off naval attacks…

• could there have been stealth ASF guarding the cruisers?

• New Unit: Micro UAV

I'm not sure I'd use it, as described. It's expensive. Perhaps if/when there are more uses for deployable gears introduced to the game, it might become the norm to just build DGs as a standard part of your armoury - then you might use some of them up for this. But I wouldn't build the DGs specifically for it. Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Can target province centers and enemy units. Upon impact or destruction, reveals all land units within a range of 25. Revealed units persist as if they were rev…

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “That's the point tho. They are not better because this niche is so small and infrequent, it's bonuses are moot. ” Yeah, that is the point. My take on it is that anti-naval aircraft should have more of a viable role within the overall balance of the game. NPAs, ASW Helis and even perhaps Naval SFs should all be a genuine option for using as naval support (not an alternative to a navy) - partly because they actually are in real-world warfare and the game should try and…

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “it's my thread, and B.) ASW Helos are infinitely more stupid to build. ” It depends what you want them for, I guess. If you're confident that your navy is strong enough to defeat all comers, then you probably don't need either of them? If you want to look for submarines in a patch of ocean where you are 100% sure there are no enemy surface fleets, then NPAs are better, because of their range - I agree with that. If there is a possibility of enemy fleets operating in …

• Quote from Kalrakh: “While doing patrol aircrafts are considered moving around in patroling space ” Right, so that explains why AA is able to attack them - when patrolling aircraft move around their patrol space, they sometimes intersect the range of the AA, even when their central position is outside of it. OK. But, that doesn't follow with other mechanics... Why does aircraft sight-range not extend to 25 distance beyond their patrol range? If planes are assumed to be flying to the edge of thei…