Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 273.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from WalterChang: “The main argument against this is that the person who you've attacked with your aircraft should be able to launch a counter air or missile strike against your planes when they're on the ground having returned to their base. If you can give your planes a load of waypoints for its return journey, it becomes nearly impossible to time this counter strike correctly. ” WC - You wrote that a person who has been attacked by aircraft "should be able to ... ag…

• Infantry changes

WalterChang - - Suggestions

Quote from playbabe: “Here my spin on this Make mot inf and NG be the same power level but different use. Make Mec, Airborne and Naval inf be the same power level, powerful then mot & ng but each with different use. Mot inf remove range attack reduce overall damage, have soft damage and def higher then attack. NG buff NG but also tide its combat performance to city morale. this is to nerf city grabper side of it and increase performance on its role, protect homeland but in my case, city with hig…

• Quote from Seroslav: “In real life we can change the way the plane travels back, but in CoN its default. So actually we can design a way to the target, but we cannot do it the way back. Its not logical and should be possible, just as with naval or land units. By setting some points of the travel on the way for a plane, both ways actually ” The main argument against this is that the person who you've attacked with your aircraft should be able to launch a counter air or missile strike against your…

• I think the best way of bringing aircraft carriers more into the game as an important unit would be to give a big old buff to NPAs, NSFs and ASW Helis vs surface ships. If you do that, suddenly it becomes important to control the airspace above your navy in the same way it's important to control the airspace above your land army. Then you'd need to take NASFs with you when you're using your navy far from your own territory, and you'd maybe want to take NSFs as well to help gain naval superiority…

• Infantry changes

I think reducing mech infantry building prerequisites to (effectively) the same as motorized infantry would be wrong (for balance). As a compromise, what about L1 Army Base + Recruiting office + Arms Industry? I also think Naval Infantry should require a navy base still

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “I think, that TAs do not become so much "obsolete" as "non cost effective". ” Possibly. To be honest, by the time MRLs come along, I've probably built all the TAs I'm going to, except perhaps replacements for ones that get lost. And cost effective depends a lot on what it is you're up against.

• Quote from Tom_Cruise: “It also all depends on the active users, how good they are and this is totally random You need territory in this game so SK should be your first target after you've made another round of infantry units. Check his cities for army bases. If he hasn't built them then he hasn't got more infantry and you can stack up and overwhelm him. If he is active and building then switch your focus on Vladivostock (Russia). ” I would do it the other way around. If SK is active and you don…

• Quote from Opulon: “It's at day 18 that the MRL takes its place as the apex ranged unit. ” ... if somebody you're likely to be fighting against goes for it. If they don't, then building MRLs yourself could ultimately end up being a waste of resources. It'd be overkill, unnecessary, inefficient even. I'm guessing, but isn't that probably the biggest difference between public games and alliance games? You don't come across optimal builds in your opponents very often, and it seems to me that concen…

• Quote from Teburu: “I feel like you hit and missed the point at the same time:Yes, they do go pretty well with a build focussed around airassault and as you've mentioned yourself relies heavily on having airsuperiority to allow for the fast redeploy via airassault; especially since you don't depend on them to do the heavy lifting in terms of killing ground units and its rather a teameffort BUT it was more about a direct comparison of TA to MA and MRL; in general when talking about artillery it's…

• Right, I'll have a go at this. First, though, I must qualify it by saying that I haven't encountered a lot of the situations you describe, so I'll have to theorise. The other thing is that I too have a bias here: I really like airborne units. They're a lot of fun to use and I've never come across anyone who is able to deal with a large scale airborne army in a public game. I've never played an alliance challenge and I probably never will, so we are perhaps looking at this from different perspect…

• Quote from Opulon: “I must admit here i have lessons to get from Walterchang, because i ... don't see, or don't have the skill. ” actually, I was looking forward to you maybe picking my argument apart for the rubbish that it is, in order for me to learn something!

• Their advantage over Gunships is that they can deal damage without receiving it; they can avoid AA while in helicopter mode and still get into range for a shot. Because they are ground units, you can use them in stacks of 10 rather than 5 without efficiency penalties, which actually gives them more potential damage value per stack, plus they're better against hard targets anyway. And they're a little bit cheaper. Their advantage over MRLs is mostly down to the air assault capability. You can put…

• Sure, if you try to use TA the same way you'd use MRLs then you're going to be less successful than if you use MRLs. TAs have different advantages, so you use them differently.

• Quote from Opulon: “The problem of Towed is the same than Mobile Artillery. It's a defecting game ---> If someone, by day 18, is doing the transition to MRLs, you will get gradually rekt without any retaliation ability. However, Towed artillery in early is fine, if albeit a bit pricey (and hard to synergise with air/naval). ” I don't really see it like that, to be honest. TA isn't a good counter to MRLs, but that doesn't make them less useful beyond the early game. It just means you have to use …

• The air assault ability is most useful in defence. You can have one artillery stack cover a very large front, defending several choke points. It allows you to deploy its firepower wherever it's needed at short notice, rather than having to move units overland to the place where you're being attacked. It also allows you take better advantage of angles on ground routes and use terrain modifiers more easily. You can pair them with air assault AA to protect them from enemy air attacks, and you can u…

• Quote from Teburu: “in general there are 3 "modes" which AA works in offensive AA tick AA checks and shoots offensivly at a set time; this time is different each game and happens in intervals of 10 minutes e.g: AA checks are 15:02; then the next offensive AA tick would be 15:12 and then the next 15:22 and so on.... it doesnt matter where the aircraft is as long as its in range it will be hit (in fact ALL aircraft in range will be hit) ranged AA defense outside of these set times AA can trigger i…

• I've always assumed the best way to combat ICBMs (or nuclear rockets in CoW) is to attack them at source. Stop them being fired in the first place. Relentless spy attacks where they build warheads or launchers, Heavy bomber strikes, missile strikes, special forces raids?

• Quote from Colonel Waffles: “What if the ICBM could not be stopped after launch? In Call of War, the nuclear rocket is the end of the line for the arms race. Once a nuclear rocket launched, it can’t be stopped. The target province will get destroyed. This unit (appears) to be fair and balanced, despite having no counter at all. What if CoN did the same? ” In CoW you can produce units in any city you've conquered without spending vast amounts of resources on annexing them. This makes a nuclear im…

• New realistic map

WalterChang - - Maps

I'd play it.

• Research Availability

Well, what Call of War does is force the player to manually upgrade units (if and when they want) once they've researched a new level. This means that you can upgrade some, but not all, of your existing units of a particular type, if you so choose. And you can still put these same-type-different-level units into the same stack. They just have a different 'chevron' symbol to denote which level they are. What CoW doesn't let you do is what @Gambler42 is suggesting - you can't build 'outdated' unit…