Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can't wait to see a stack of those 4 T3 + a naval officer.

• Interesting : i do meet a lot of SF players. Well, they are still scarce by comparison to MBT+INF players, of course But it would be like a (rough) repartition : 60 players over 100 will do nothing because AI 30 players over 100 will do infantry, armored. 8 will do some kind of airforce, or SF spam 2 will do proper anti-air (and potentially, Artillery) So well, one could argue that it's still in average one or two a map at max lol

• Well, in the theory of a equal army, it's obvious that it would be hard countered hopelessly by a regular build with SAM inside it. However, it would be a bit unfair to assume that Zemunelo would have spammed so much airforce if he knew he had a competent opponent somewhere on the map.

• @Kalrakh : I took a look. 1°) He overstated just a little bit the numbers. Also, beside Strike Fighters and ASF, everything is low tech. No gold. But the build could be more honestly summarised as "75% Airforce, and because i could reach 80 cities in a flashpoint before day 15, i had a high Rare material output to do other things". 2°) It's a flashpoint. Do i have to tell more about how quickly he expanded ? 3°) The only player i can see on the map that expanded a bit before dying was a rank 10,…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “The lack of control is a designed weakness, because otherwise it would be quite hard to estimate their refueling period and time is with your nuke or striker attack How ever, you have still a little bit control, though it is quite resource costly. ” "If i said you wouldn't land at this AIRPORT, I MEAN IT" *proceeds to burn the airfield*

• Infantry changes

Opulon - - Suggestions

Even more noticable with Eastern Spec Ops. 267 Soft Damage. Some madmen do use a infantry officer for torpedoes, which can typically rise the total damage to 300 soft / 180 hard. But yeah, the comparison to a nuke was for dramatisation. However, especially with the "storm" attribute, it can spectacularly vaporise entrenched groups in the right context. In late, Nukes also have to cope with a lot of units that get NBC protection. All bonus/malus gathered, in late, a doomstack of SF does deal "imp…

• HP question

Opulon - - General Discussion

Quote from Kalrakh: “Quote from Opulon: “Yes, i took the most extreme case. As KFGauss noticed, it's not (at all) common. However, you will often cross Air Officer + ASF group, which follow the same pattern. And if you cross trained players, you will often cross ASF + NASF group, which purpose (in the double research) is EXCLUSIVELY for mitigation ” Not exclusively: L1 NASF is much stronger then a L1 ASF, you get the combat strength of L3 units for a quarter of their research costs ” Yes indeed.

• Infantry changes

Opulon - - Suggestions

We can argue about boosting infantry, especially naval and airborn (why not), but Special Forces ? They are already in nearly ALL meta builds of late due to their incredible ability and killing power. Their stack damage potential is EQUIVALENT TO A ICBM, for god'sake, why do you want more firepower with it ? XD. It's already a insanely powerful unit. Really, a big no to that suggestion about the special forces. If anything, because your suggestion makes "null and void" any attempt to make other …

• It's true that it's pretty fun to see stacks being evaporated in just one hour real time. The guy commits a bit too much, logs off for lunch, comes back without an army. IT can teaches you things, even for X1, i think. Positioning and threat.

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from Opulon: “4x games are great to not overthink the game and just "play" chill, as well as experimenting things that would send you directly to the grave in other contexts. It's in that regard much more suited to people that just have the holidays to play ” I have yet to master this "chill attitude" you said elsewhere that you also initially had difficulty in coming to grips with in a 4X game, therefore, I find 4X to just be massively more frenetic versions o…

• They're coarse and rough, and they get everywhere. I like 4X more and more, for my sleep and to be able to still have some time to handle staff duties, IRL, and alliance management, something i can't really do when i'm fighting in a good X1. This would change if 4X had more competent players, but the problem here is not 4X : it's mobile players. Even when they try, they have too much latency to do proper hit&run, and they can't use air properly due to map projections (their plane positioning is …

• Well, if it's JUST about countering mech infantry in late, towed artillery can... somewhat work... if the other guy is incompetent. Can't really say more. Same can apply to any kind of infantry, really. Any balance thinking must be made on the basis of equivalent investment. If you have Towed Artilleries, and he has Mech Infantry, then to make the field even : You have to add on your side a unit that costs some comps, and no electronics. In other words, you have yourself some infantry (motorised…

• Let's not forget that the MRL is the better artillery unit "in the long run". If one was to focus on the MRL asap, he would (ironically) use arguably the worst artillery of them all. Expensive, hard to produce, frail, and clumsy. It's at day 18 that the MRL takes its place as the apex ranged unit. Before that ? Either Towed Artillery if nobody on the map is doing any kind of artillery / airforce and you are confident in your micro Mobile Artillery if you want to be a bit more commited. Airmobile…

• Hmm, interesting. So, i have some questions about that. 1°) How do you handle other artilleries in terms of range and any ability of "dealing damages without receiving it" ? You need (if i'm not wrong) to have T3 (Day 25) TAs to get the same range of the Mobile Artillery lvl 2 (day 3-4), for example. What when you encounter Mobile Artilleries lvl 4, or MRL lvl 3 ? Is really the 33% cheaper cost worth it in terms of artillery counter fire ability ? I still remember how our 30 towed artilleries we…

• I must admit here i have lessons to get from Walterchang, because i ... don't see, or don't have the skill.

• HP question

when you have 3 NASF + 2 ASF, once a NASF has died, you can split 2/2 and have this big mitigation effect. But there are many ways to use it, and my text is less about "do this" and more about "look at how the effect can be spectacular". Deploying mixed/mitigated groups is typically something you can do in a team of players that are trustable, because, to quote KFGauss, the cost of reseach, infrastructure, and time of deployment, are far from trivial.

• HP question

Yes, i took the most extreme case. As KFGauss noticed, it's not (at all) common. However, you will often cross Air Officer + ASF group, which follow the same pattern. And if you cross trained players, you will often cross ASF + NASF group, which purpose (in the double research) is EXCLUSIVELY for mitigation

• HP question

This is true. And it's why we have 10 K/D anyway. When you can't get a win, win some K/D

• HP question

Most skilled players tend to fight in a way to preserve their life, and to maximise the "trade value" of any blow they deal in return. CoN is not that much a game where a player should pat himself on the back for "being able to beat an opponent after killing 20 000 troops to the cost of 200 000 of his own".

• HP question

Oh, and once you begin to optimise such things, you WILL get called a gold cheater regularly. Be warned