Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Satelit

Aeneas of Troy - - Suggestions

This thread made my day….a big thank you to all involved in this comedic skit! *standing ovation* Well conceived, brilliantly executed, this performance has the humor that tickles the ear while delivering a hint of mad lips to get the mind moving! Bravo!

• The Bermuda Triangle

Aeneas of Troy - - Bug Reports & Issues

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from Dealer of Death: “How about a screenshot from somebody showing where ” Here are two examples I could get from my running games:youtube.com/shorts/YJGV2sNMV8E?feature=share youtube.com/shorts/aKzrzxWeJI4?feature=share For the first one, I cannot select those bombers at all. They are physically un-selectable, and if I had to turn them around in an emergency I couldn’t. I also cannot see where they are going For the second one, I can select them but I cannot …

• Tank Centric Build

Aeneas of Troy - - General Discussion

Yeah, a tank build is just inefficient because tanks just end up being targets to air-craft and artillery; the best thing tanks can do is trade hits in melee and win due to hp. Not to mention the cost involved to make a decent stack. If/when tanks and other heavy armor vehicles get 20 range like tier 3 infantry it might be more justifiable to do a tank build….

• Submarine change

Quote from Smallsword: “Quote from Aeneas of Troy: “Quote from Smallsword: “Are subs good at taking out cruisers? Not without cruise missiles. Not without 100 range. Not if the cruisers are stacked with anything like a frigate or destroyer. Are CM good for anything with anti-air? Not unless they're leveled to 15HP+. Do frigates defend against 15HP missiles reasonably well? sure do. One single 15HP CM cost two warheads. 2 slots per sub. Attack subs are even worse than destroyers in their own real…

• Submarine change

Quote from Smallsword: “Are subs good at taking out cruisers? Not without cruise missiles. Not without 100 range. Not if the cruisers are stacked with anything like a frigate or destroyer. Are CM good for anything with anti-air? Not unless they're leveled to 15HP+. Do frigates defend against 15HP missiles reasonably well? sure do. One single 15HP CM cost two warheads. 2 slots per sub. Attack subs are even worse than destroyers in their own realm... against other subs. If you have a sub stack it'…

• Quote from Smallsword: “Has anyone else thought about CoN games as educational tools? I'm sure most have improved in geography and topography... mathematical estimates and budgeting... critical thinking and reasoning... rhetoric and language... and of course everyone's a little more familiar with military technologies. I doubt many play for these benefits... but when your mom/wife/whoever says you can't play anymore you might have the diplomatic muscle built up with some serious rational ammo to…

• New Unit: Elite Destroyer

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “My idea of an Elite Destroyer (Relocated from Discord #feedback) “These adaptable warships provide fast and efficient support during naval operations. Boasting the ability to carry aircraft, as well as considerable speed, they can execute powerful and decisive attacks in a flash” Elite Destroyers are naval warships that combine the abilities of Destroyers and Aircraft carriers, as well as a stealth touch. They are meant for quick, decisive attacks on an enemy’s naval…

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from Teburu: “Quote from Dealer of Death: “turn off the sound on your device, problem solved ” Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science? ” I am Arthur, King of the Britons. ” Ah, that makes sense now. I wasn’t sure what that long-haired dude in pink was supposed to represent. *eureka moment*

• Quote from WalterChang: “A Helicopter unit in CoN represents a whole squadron, not a single aircraft. Frigates and destroyers can only carry 1 (or 2 at a pinch) aircraft. I think (hope) that the introduction of deployable mini.-units from existing units could have the potential to allow for individual helicopters to launch from ships as an extension of the 'deployables' system - but they'd have to be a lot weaker than the standard helicopter units in terms of combat - perhaps just useful for rec…

• Quote from KFGauss: “TLDR: I continue to notice that most posts in this this thread are still short on why the game needs a different Corvette and long on why the Corvette needs an ego-boost. I believe the best way to advocate for changing a unit's abilities or adding a unit is to first show a good understanding of the rock-paper-scissor (or rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock) sorts of interplay among the existing units at their various tech levels and to then point out that a hole/gap exists in t…

• Quote from playbabe: ““making it stronger will unbalanced other” this is showing how closed you are when come to how you balancing unit. it is up to your creativity and options available to pull out the buff that make corvette do their work better while not interrupting other ship role and also, dude we asked for a buff because other ship unbalanced corvette. - “stacking corvette with other ship” : u are asking them to be killed, corvette will slow down the whole stack and leave them valuable to…

• Let's Review Forum Etiquette

Aeneas of Troy - - Off Topic

Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from kurtvonstein: “How about nerf MRL? ” That's just idiotic, and probably indicative of a Deep seated perversion involving goldfish ” Goldfish?! I thought it was mutant camels…

• Quote from WalterChang: “Quote from KFGauss: “If something isn't working well, and if it hasn't worked well (hasn't meshed well with the rest of the game's units) for a few years. It's time to put all options on the table. ” Yeah, but removing it would be a shame. It's a legitimate part of the game's unit mix - it just needs a bit of a tweak to bring it more into the fold. They're a bit like Recons, I think. They're good early on, but they don't really offer much later on that you can't get from…

• Yeah I agree something should be done to make them more viable. I had previously proposed a single helicopter capacity for them…something! Maybe low signature, advanced speed, and/or greater detection range to help them do their jobs as transport interceptors would make them worth upgrading.

• Quote from Tumbler: “Quote from playbabe: “im always voice for some kind of “skip early game” but sadly it is the time that most people spending [REDACTED] but hey, if mid game becomes early game, people still would spending [REDACTED] to some extent right? because when everyone have the same advantages, no one have the advantage. ” I can't wait till I find players that use all these units in mid game: Airborne Infantry National guard Recon Armor (normally just see free one you start with) Armor…

• Quote from Zemunelo: “ Btw, US military strategy is to attack ONLY weaker countries. And only after years of economic sanctions. They will not attack a country that can retaliate with significant force especially with strong AA. No chance! That's why they easily achieve air dominance. They're not good example. Better example is Israel - Arab war when Israel achieved air victory and won the war. One of those wars when they were similarly strong. I agree air dominance is key. ” Quote from Zemunelo…

• Quote from Teburu: “on corvettes: I dont think that giving them the ability to hold aircraft would make a large impact on their performance if any at all. Being able to only land a single heli on it seems rather pointless/frustrating because a) corvettes are limited to coastal waters so the limited capacity kinda pales in comparison to building a single airfield near the coast and having unlimited capacity b) kinda overlapping with a), that low capacity doesnt really enable the heli to do much o…

• I’m talking more in terms of game balance than in real life (does a ingame corvette represent a single rl corvette or multiple??) Right now they are useless to upgrade and they don’t have range enough to battle other ships…speed and cheaper cost do not change that. They need a special ability that comes in a later tier… I think helicopter capacity suits their role.

• As we all know, corvettes are a basic early game defensive unit used primarily to intercept early game amphibious rushes but quickly becomes outdated by every other ship. It is seldom if never upgraded at all by decent players and even new players avoid doing so for obvious reasons. I have heard of some proposals to create a new “helicopter carrier” designed for cheap coastal air support, something that aircraft carriers are not efficient for. I believe that the best solution resides in giving 2…

• New realistic map

Aeneas of Troy - - Maps

Count me in