Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 454.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from KFGauss: “There's a joke in here somewhere about how this would change if Dorado would accept all the "realism"-driven suggestions people offer for changing the game rules and units - But I can't quite put my finger on how to write it. ” Yeah,... realism to a certain degree is tricky. Even though, I'm a big fan of realism in general, a game needs balance and playability. Plus, there's the matter of "effort versus reward" when it comes to programing and development. Overall, I think Do…

• *Russian ground forces violate Ukrainian border* *Entire Ukrainian military immediately and completely abandons all Ukrainian land and cities to rush haphazzardly into Russia*

• I think one of my very first games (1x) went to almost 60 days. That was definitely the longest. Now, (I play only 4x, and) I don't remember the last time one went past 40. I generally expect them to end around 35. For the sake of clarity: I don't pay to speed anything up, and I play the WW3 map almost exclusively, so I'm not starting out the game with high levels or high numbers, and I have to wait for the game to allow me to advance at times.

• I'm back, but unfortunately it is too late to continue my Philippines game. I'm going to start a new game now, so I'll try to remember to contribute my stats to the Order of Battle thread.

• Unfortunately, early this morning I was informed of a real life family medical emergency in which I must be involved (as logistical/emotional support). As such, I have not been able to login to the game normally and may not be able to devote any time to it for a few days (or more). Obviously, this derails my ongoing Philippines game. My apologies. At least I was able to chronicle the first 10 days. Just FYI, I did log in, and I'm currently still in the #1 spot on Day 15, after not having taken a…

• PROGRESS UPDATE: It''s late Day 10. You can see my Order of Battle, Buildings, Research, etc. at: Look through a different Lens - What's your ACTUAL Day 5, 10, 15, 20, ... Order of Battle (OOB) Taking a snapshot inventory (as suggested by KFGauss) has been eye-opening for me. In my style of play, the Philippines gets off to a slow and careful start. It's an all island nation, so a lot of early time is spent embarking and deboarding, as well as traveling over water. This slows the early game as c…

• Playing as Philippines WW3 / 4x Speed / Public DAY 10 @ 1200hrs at time of Forum Posting 1st Place Overall (every Day since Day 6) 248 VP (at the beginning of Day 10) No coalition at all so far Australia sent me a message after I destroyed a transport they sent too close to my coast; that has been my only communication with other players; that has also been my only naval contact so far Terrain types encountered: All but Tundra Complete roster of existing forces: Level 1 National Guard x 7 Level …

• Quote from Opulon: “"If i was able to sink you, you were too close" tends to be what i accept from people. If i need to get through someone's waters, i ask before hand, and i give extensive details as per to give the maximum guarantees it's not a cheap scheme to get in a good position to attack. If you allow me to pass throughout something that may be a vulnerable zone for you, you can be sure i'll make arrangements that so you remain in control. When this kind of mutual understanding goes throu…

• It's a compulsion. When I see transports (or even vulnerable warships) passing by, I almost can't stop myself from attacking them. This is especially true when the waters are near my territory, but it honestly applies anywhere. It's a sickness. I see a transport, and I recognize that my options are: "just let them pass by peacefully like a normal person"; or "risk an unnecessary war for which I am not prepared against a country that's done nothing to upset me." Welp, I guess I'll being "risk an …

• PROGRESS UPDATE By the beginning of Day 6, I was the #1 country in VPs. You can see a detailed breakdown of my Order of Battle, my build, and my research progress at midday Day 5 on this post: Look through a different Lens - What's your ACTUAL Day 5, 10, 15, 20, ... Order of Battle (OOB) You'll notice that I don't have much. I'm not building power ground stacks for the early game conquests. Instead, I have all of my cities (all ports) guarded from invasion with small/cheap ships. I know there's …

• Playing as Philippines WW3 / 4x Speed / Public DAY 5 @ 1200hrs at time of Forum Posting 2nd Place Overall with 133 VP (at the beginning of Day 5) No coalition at all so far No communication with another player so far No naval combat so far Terrain terrain types encountered so far: Urban, Suburban, Forest, Mountain, Jungle, Open Ground, High Seas, Coastal Waters Complete roster of existing forces: Level 1 National Guard x 10 Level 1 Motorized Infantry x 10 Level 1 Combat Recon Vehicle x 1 Level 1…

• Quote from fboy4866: “Hi could someone tell me how many total victory points there are in the ww3 map. I know that the victory points needed to win are 5920 if you are in a coalition but is that the same as all the points in the map ” And to answer the last part of your question: No, you never have to take over every VP on the entire map to win.

• It's late on Day 2, and I just woke up from sleeping overnight. I have Recruiting Offices, and Arms Industries in each city. I also have three Level 2 Naval Bases in Tuguerarao, Puerto Princesa, and Cebu City. I immediately research Corvettes and begin building three of them. I then immediately begin researching Frigates. Normally (with a navy-heavy country), I do this as early as possible on Day 2, but this time I was literally asleep. I build a Level 1 Hospital in Zamboanga. Those doing the ma…

• AI gets two Motor Inf in WWIII, but on some maps (Battleground USA, for instance) it only gets one. I don't always go for AI right away. In fact, probably most of the time, I'll let my nearby opponents go after them, and then I will take the Homeland cities they left unguarded or I will try to find somewhere to ambush the units my player enemies had damaged when they were fighting against AI. In this particular game, though, I was early to the game and I thought my nearby opponents looked slow. …

• So, why didn't I build Army Bases? - I'm not building either Motor Infantry or CRVs in this game probably at all. I probably also won't build AA guns, and certainly that's not a priority for me right now. Anyway, Level 1 Army Bases are of no use to me right now, since I can't build anything I want without Arms Industries and probably Level 2 Army Bases. Why build Recruiting Offices first in every city? - So that I can start building NG in every city. It's still going to be more than a Day or two…

• START around 0600 Day 1 I entered the game while there were only seven players in it. I immediately built Recruiting Offices in every city and began research on Level 1 National Guard. While waiting on those, I made the following troop movements: CRV and 2 Motor Inf from Zamboanga to the sea juncture NW of Taipei 2 Motor Inf from Tuguegarao to the sea juncture NW of Taipei Towed artillery to Pagudpud 1 Motor Inf from Manilla to Tuguegarao 1 Motor Inf from Cebu City to Manilla 1 Motor Inf from Da…

• Hi, Folks! In a discussion on another thread, I had mentioned that I do things (strategy, build philosophy, unit choice, research decisions) a little differently than many/most folks. What I do works for me for the most part right now because 1) I know a lot of little things about the game that the majority of public players don't; and 2) I'm a fairly active player and many public players are not. Anyway, there was some interest from at least one other player about my unconventional (?) ideas, s…

• Great. How about Philippines, then? They're not quite as formidable as UK, Japan, Indonesia, or Australia. New Zealand doesn't necessarily start out stronger than Philippines, but it sounds like Buckeye just won with them very recently (so he can tell you about that). It's relatively late here now, so I'll start a PI game (and accompanying thread) in the morning.

• Right. I'll do an entire game and provide data and commentary/explanation. I'll even answer questions, if people have them, as the game is running. What country would you like me to use?

• Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from PerigeeNil: “... Basically, before each game, I consider what country I'm going to play and try to figure out the best thing I can do with that country. I'm currently on Day 9 of a game where I'm playing as North Korea and am in 2nd place. I researched and started building CRVs on Day 1 of that game. I can even tell you how long or how many games it has been since I researched Level 1 CRVs in a previous game. BUT, that's what I thought might work for North Korea (…