Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 194.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There are lessons one can learn from CoN... In game, if you see your neighbor amassing troops do you think "I better not join a coalition or they'll invade..." ???

• Suicidal AI Moves

Smallsword - - Suggestions

I mean, the AI isn't total shit... look what it's sending my way day 3 unknown.png

• Sometimes it's the right move to plan to get hit... like with 9 MAAV and a tank officer In my current game I've been experimenting with this "stack" which I reconfigure given my needs... it's really 2-3 stacks depending on whether I'm going to take a hit or deal a blow @Kalrakh unknown.png

• Quote from Kalrakh: “If you run around with 10 MRL in one stack, you are putting yourself in a very bad position, as soon you meet any kind of smarter player So it does not really matter, that there is no artillery officer, because you do not tend to run around with pure stacks anyway. In ground combat mixed stacks are key and also speed, so you tend to get the officers because of the speed boost they give and less because of damage boosts. ” Damage distribution only matters if you plan on getti…

• Suicidal AI Moves

Quote from Sima: “Quote from Smallsword: “Personally, I love watching those convoys come to my ships. Taking an abandoned island nation is a great joy. I just surround the Island with single ships and give the war order... and then practically the whole Island vacates. It's like synchronized sinking... it's beautiful. The only AI change I'd want is for a real person to occasionally control them... I'm sure Dorado could enlist enough eager volunteers to replace the AI... not sure they would. ” We…

• Suicidal AI Moves

Personally, I love watching those convoys come to my ships. Taking an abandoned island nation is a great joy. I just surround the Island with single ships and give the war order... and then practically the whole Island vacates. It's like synchronized sinking... it's beautiful. The only AI change I'd want is for a real person to occasionally control them... I'm sure Dorado could enlist enough eager volunteers to replace the AI... not sure they would.

• I want a field artillery officer. But I make due... The Tank officer doesn't deal ranged damage, sure... but his bonus more than compensates Lvl 1 20% boost means that a stock of 9 MRL + tank officer hits like 11 MRL.... T2 Tank officer is 40%... so it hits like 13 MRL Add speed buff and you have a deadly-fast stack. TA is soft.. with an infantry officer lvl 1 + 9.... that's a 15% boost .... so it hits like 10.5 TA... T2 bonus is 30%, hit's like 12 TA Plus speed... Airborne officer with TA... 10…

• Quote from Tifo_14: “Quote from Smallsword: “what unit is dat ” I don't know but I'm going to make the "elite" one ” 3k51do.jpg

• I'm for this... but I think later ... maybe even after T2... would be more reasonable

• Strategic retreat is powerful indeed! I'm sure you're looking forward to the landmine addition to the game, too.

• New Map / Scenario suggestions

Anti-tanks are by far the better choice... even as an offensive weapon... The terrain bonus for tank destroyers is in cities and suburbs... which are both abundant on the map... furthermore, cities are the territorial objectives for VP/resources. I can't tell you how many times I've simply passed by a tank stack with TD to take a city... only then to defend that city from the tank stack while I have entrenchment and the terrain boost. Just because you're invading, or on the offensive, doesn't me…

• If someone is being abusive towards staff... the staff knows about it. I think most players don't feel "abused" enough to report such instances... if they did, I'm sure the staff would take action. Furthermore, players have the option to "block" DMs. Someone really has to try to be abusive in order to violate this rule... it's not like a bad word gets a player banned.

• SEASON 7 IS LIVE

Smallsword - - News and Updates

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-136_Tacit_Rainbow The AGM-136A Tacit Rainbow was a United States military anti-radiation missile program run from 1982 to 1991. The requirement was for a low-cost air-launchable system to aid in the destruction of enemy air defense networks. The proposed unit would combine elements of cruise missiles and UAVs, it would be launched in large numbers by heavy bombers, fighters, or possibly mass ground launch systems. The missiles would fly in advance of manned aircraft up …

• I think you're paying too much attention to the mention of "vulgar language" ... when really this rule is against "abusiveness".... 13) Using excessive vulgar language, abusiveness in non-vulgar statements, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS), “spamming” or any other disruptive or detrimental and abusive methods in an attempt to disturb, insult or aggravate other Users or Games or Services related Staff. I'm fine with this rule... Fuck abuse.

• Moral not improving

Smallsword - - Bug Reports & Issues

True... modern tech is a lot more complicated to produce... but production has also had advancements, particularly with automation... who knows what a modern war economy could make during WW3. In the game, there isn't a manpower upkeep to tanks, just a mobilization cost... I don't think it really gives us an idea of how many tanks are within one unit. It'd be nice if the game offered more info in this regard. I think the distance/time of the convoy across the Pacific gives us a better indication…

• Moral not improving

If the war machine is really in motion... one week is pretty productive tank-factory.jpg TANKS A LOT! — the U.S. manufactured more than 45 Shermans a day for nearly three years. By the Numbers — Between 1942 and 1945, a mind-blowing 49,000 Shermans of various makes and models rolled off American assembly lines. That’s equal to all German tanks manufactured over ten years beginning in 1935. Only the Soviet-made T-34 was more numerous with 55,000 models produced.

• Moral not improving

I thought 1 day represented about a week... just based on how long it took a convoy to cross from China to USA...2 days or soin game/ 2 weeks or so in real life.

• When you invade a noob-nation with artillery: open-uri20150608-27674-if1lya_8714d9ba.jpeg That player's noob-nation coalition:unknown.png

• Best Nations

Smallsword - - General Discussion

I think you need a little more context to the question. Best/easiest isn't really applicable without a strategy that pairs with the country... One could argue that Chad is the hardest country to claim naval dominance with... but the easiest to defend from navy.... for obvious reasons. Island nations can function as fortresses surrounded by moats... or completely exposed cities with express routes to each. Large nations like the USA and Russia can be massive economic powerhouses with huge product…

• Moral not improving

Does anyone else think that it's kind of stupid that a city just accepts your new empirical rule after a couple days? It seems like you'd need to keep a constant police force there for the rest of the game... not that I'd want that ... but if that's how it was I'd understand it, accept it, and adapt to it. I make a deliberate effort to nullify the chance of insurgency... if it says 5% chance I'm adding another unit if I can manage it... 5% to me means 50/50 chance... 50% chance means 100%... the…