Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 351.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1 hour to 2 hour game.

KFGauss - - Suggestions

When/if you use the forum search function you find ample opportunities to add your voice to everyone else who has suggested this exact same thing, and you also find some of logistical problems Dorado/Bytro face/encountered described. However, if you think that being one more lonely voice in the Internet wilderness is effective, I suppose starting a new thread is the way to go. I generally prefer to add my support to existing suggestions because contemplating starting repetitive threads makes me …

• There's a joke in here somewhere about how this would change if Dorado would accept all the "realism"-driven suggestions people offer for changing the game rules and units - But I can't quite put my finger on how to write it.

• 1 hour to 2 hour game.

KFGauss - - Suggestions

You could always play 2.5 4X games simultaneously. More seriously, for every person who wants a faster-than-4X game, I suspect that there is another person (or two) who would rather Dorado invest in other ways to improve the game. For example, me. And more seriously still. Why the heck can't fast game fans just tack an "I agree" comment on the end of one of the many existing faster-games threads, instead of creating a new thread every week or two?

• Quote from PerigeeNil: “I'm back, but unfortunately it is too late to continue my Philippines game. I'm going to start a new game now, so I'll try to remember to contribute my stats to the Order of Battle thread. ” It sounds like you kept your priorities properly sorted. Best wishes IRL.

• Words are how people communicate. Words have fuzzy but not random generally-accepted meanings. As a receiver, it's true that I can choose to ignore what someone communicates, but it's not true that ignoring what they are communicating is always useful or always wise. In a society that relies on cooperation, some behaviors should be discouraged because they are evidence of problems that harm the society.

• I think you are right. I don't think you are going to be successful.

• IMO The rule is there to give Dorado the option to discipline any customer they get tired of. IMO Dorado and just about every interactive-game company on the planet has decided it's not profitable to discipline every immature potty-mouth and jackass. If I ever host anything online, I'll just warn people and boot them if they fail to shape up. However, I'll be running a hobby, not a business. IMO Dorado has to put up with a lot of mouth-breathers, incels, punks and similar sorts of customers if t…

• It would be interesting to try. Should be easy to implement - Tell Doarado it's just a simple matter of programming.

• One answer is that the total-available-VPs varies over time. As cities' populations grow (or shrink) , the cities become worth more (fewer) VPs. Something I've wanted to do, but haven't done yet, is use the Day 1, in-game, CoN Newspaper info (the table of nations sorted by VPs) to record and add up how many VPs exist one Day 1. If you want to get a rough idea of the Day 1 total, do some estimating (or add it all up exactly) using the info in that table.

• How about picking an island that needs a strong Navy, along with a transition to ground troops when expanding inland? Britain, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines Am I forgetting any?

• Quote from PerigeeNil: “Quote from KFGauss: “Can we maybe get you to contribute an occasional OOB here Look through a different Lens - What's your ACTUAL Day 5, 10, 15, 20, ... Order of Battle (OOB) ?The more the merrier. ” Absolutely. In fact, I'm happy to take requests. Is there a specific country you'd like me to do one for? I'd only ask that you not request NK or Sweden, since I've just recently played both of these nations, and I like to try to vary the rotation. I'm happy to contribute wit…

• Quote from PerigeeNil: “... Basically, before each game, I consider what country I'm going to play and try to figure out the best thing I can do with that country. I'm currently on Day 9 of a game where I'm playing as North Korea and am in 2nd place. I researched and started building CRVs on Day 1 of that game. I can even tell you how long or how many games it has been since I researched Level 1 CRVs in a previous game. BUT, that's what I thought might work for North Korea (big hostile neighbors…

• Quote from Seroslav: “... CoN is ... a game for men, for warriors, ... ” LOLOL One of us is just a little bit confused about what the words "men" and "warrior" mean. I might be the confused one, but I don't think so.

• Huh? Woody Hayes? I thought that was a famous coach, like Bo Schembechler, or someone similarly well regarded.

• Moral not improving

KFGauss - - Bug Reports & Issues

I thought 1 game day equaled exactly one real day, . . . if you were on one of the recently discovered exoplanets in the Trappist star system.

• Is It Still a Jerk Move?

KFGauss - - General Discussion

It's been a while, and it's a 4X game - What did you do? What is the result so far?

• Is It Still a Jerk Move?

KFGauss - - General Discussion

Additional Options D) Become a non-coalition ally with the player getting kicked and ensure out the four bozos don't win (Success depends in part on why the kicked player got kicked - Is he/she clueless. or just less active, or ...). Maximize the kicked player's gold while you take a solo win. E) Become a coalition ally with the player getting kicked (Success depends on . . . ) You and they earn a coalition win. I think option D) might suit you best. It's you vs 4 instead of you vs 5, and you mi…

• Moral not improving

Shoo!

• Moral not improving

Shoo!

• Moral not improving

Quote from Antman171819: “At the end of the day. I make more money than all of you. Caugh caugh I have 53 Bitcoin I’ll whip my ass with Lmfao. I have my trophy wife, house and car. The opinions of some kids who think they know everything doesn’t affect me. Signing out.. Go fuck yourselves. ” I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but is it OK if I shoot the fish in the barrel? (Only) 53 bitcoin is another swing and a miss. PS: It's spelled "cough", not "caugh". PPS: I'm gonna need some proof on tha…