Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 550.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• corvette over frigate?

PerigeeNil - - Questions & Answers

Also, you have to research Corvettes to unlock Frigates. So, since you're going to have them researched anyway, you might as well build some while waiting for your Frigate research to finish. Plus, Corvettes cost Supplies while all of the other ships cost components. So, if you run yourself short on either Supplies or Components at some point in the game, you can still keep your Naval Bases building ships with the resource you do have.

• How Do I Kill This Ship

PerigeeNil - - General Discussion

Quote from Aeneas of Troy: “The important thing is to be the one that attacks first. I cannot stress this enough. By attacking first, you decide how/when/where the battle will be fought, which is quite more decisive than in 1x speed. ” I defintely do get what Aeneas is saying here, and I don't completely disagree, but I do disagree a little bit. The element of surprise and playing on your time versus your opponent's time are definitely valuable and important in 4x because of how fast things happ…

Quote from KFGauss: “and then fight decisively in one or two places (that I choose) - Of course the enemy gets a vote too. ” Not much of a vote, though. Quote from dfrost: “i was reading on the forum that people were suggesting 4x games for new players. i really don't see it. i think if a newbie chose a 4x game from the beginning, they would quit. yea, they would have to learn fast, but that doesn't mean they would learn.... ” Ummm... depends on what we mean by "new", I guess. As I think I menti…

• Amphib vehicles make more sense when paired with Naval Inf, and Naval Inf made more sense back when not every island had a harbor. Amphib units can still be used to invade countries where the player is only using ships in ports to defend against Homeland invasion, but that's almost never going to be worth researching Amphib vehicles. You've already probably got your own ships, so you might as well just destroy the enemy ships with those. Plus, a lot of public players aren't even good enough/smar…

Quote from dfrost: “didn't sleep for 24 hour haha there was NO WAY i was gonna go down in my sleep! ” Don't play 4x speed; you'll perish.

• The hilarious thing that I just found out is that Cuba had moved all of their troops out of their country and had not built anymore. So that means,... if Venezuela had gone north like I wanted/suggested rather than trying to race and crowd me in the south, they would have immediately gained six cities and the accompanying territories, probably without firing a shot. Instead, they lost the game.

Yep, so... all combat aircraft and combat vessels can attack surface vessels (with varying degrees of effectiveness depending on the aircraft and the vessel types). Some (most) aircraft are not capable of attacking submarines. Ranged artillery type of ground units can hit surface ships at a short distance, but non-ranged infantry/armored units cannot. Not trying to sound like a wise guy, just making sure you're aware: you know how to find the unit information screens (even for units you don't ow…

• Venezuela now. Should have just cooperated, bro. forum.conflictnations.com/inde…4596c0103a3ab0bffafcac265

• Nice to meet you. I was born in the same year, and I was U.S. Air Force (Intelligence). My father's father immigrated from France, but I have never visited, and I speak no French. Welcome to the game and to the Forums.

• My CON Toxic Trait Is...

{Use this thread to tell us what your Conflict-of-Nations-related toxic trait is} ...starting a new game when there's any lull at all in a current game and then abandoning that new game as soon as the action picks up in the current game again.

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from PerigeeNil: “Another reason I don't like playing in (public) coalitions - I like clean borders and I don't like people getting in my way. "I'll send my troops to cut off your route and kill a half dead infantry and then claim I 'helped' you, okay?" Oh, ffs. No. I'm going to New Zealand. ” Oh you my dog, Perigee! I F'n HATE patchwork maps that look like a refugee quilt. ” Seriously, how does anyone stand it? It's an abomination.

• Right, well, then I guess we probably both had the best intentions. I think we just had two different approaches (in this case) for trying to help the new folks. You didn't want him to rely on information that turns out to be conditional (i.e. sometimes "FALSE") later. That makes sense, because learning it later might cost him. I get it. I didn't want to weigh down a new player - who has already expressed that he's feeling overwhelmed - with, "Well, but if you travel around the southern tip of A…

• I'm out, but I think this is a fine idea, and I hope whoever tries it has fun.

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “All I am certain of is: "the game will automatically select the fastest travel route" is a FALSE statement. ” Lol, alright, man. Like I said, people on this Forum will try to dispute anything. I'll go back to my correction: Okay, yes, there are weird exceptions. IN GENERAL, THOUGH, the game TRIES to choose the fastest route for you MOST OF THE TIME. Cripes. And, like I also said, my response was in response to a specific situation the player had mentioned. I didn't m…

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “ but I think it's algorithim for picking routes prioritizes shortest distance over shortest travel time. ” If that was 100% true, it would route you directly through mountainous regions rather than around them.

• Ugh. Lol, people on this Forum ALWAYS have to be like, "No, sir! There's THIS weird exception, though!" Okay, yes, there are weird exceptions. IN GENERAL, THOUGH, the game TRIES to choose the fastest route for you MOST OF THE TIME. Cripes. If an overland route goes through mountains and jungles and around a river, etc., and takes 28 hours, and an overwater route to the same destination takes 15 total hours, which one is the game going to pick? Alright, then. The guy was talking about driving his…

• [All dialogue paraphrased for narrative reasons] Venzuela: *sees that I (Chile) have taken Peru, Bolivia, and Argentina* "Hey, can we have peace?" Me: "Yeah, we can have peace for the moment, I suppose." Venzuela: *immediately begins heading south into Brazil and doesn't head north at all... AT. ALL.* Me: "What are you doing? Why are you coming south? Why not go north?" Venezuela: "I thought we could share South America." Me: "...But that leaves me without anywhere nearby to go to. Now I have to…

• my current map

Also, @dfrost (I'm just rambling now; you can tell me when it's too much), Beware the belief that "I can't leave units behind to defend because I have to use them all to keep conquering!" That's bloodlust, buddy. You said yourself that you were at like 288VPs on Day 11 (or something), and the next closest person was at like 150. So,... you don't really NEED to keep dedicating all of your combat units to conquering at breakneck speed; you just WANT to. I think this is a big reason why so many pla…

• my current map

Oh, @dfrost, One of the other things we should warn you about that's kind of related to making sure you defend your homeland: what I call the "suicide tantrum." Sometimes, when you attack a player who doesn't think they can successfully defend themselves or beat you, they'll immediately initiate the "suicide tantrum". Some players on the Forums don't get bothered by it, but I think it's the silliest, most immature thing in the world. What happens is: the opponent gets butthurt because you attack…

• my current map

Quote from dfrost: “yea, after reading the comments, i am definitely sold. bunkers and national guard. got it. and i guess it doesn't help when i talk about in public how my homeland cities are not protected so what's the strategy with occupied cities and those those with ports? it's hard to protect my coast when my resources are going for an offensive strategy and 0 supplies. build some bunkers and just add the ng over time? i have miles and miles of coast. not as deadly as someone attacking my…