Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 216.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from KFGauss: “[Tongue-in-cheek ON] Battleships could be added to the game to add the following features. Players could build battleships, and either tie them up in harbors to use as museums, or could sink them to create new aquatic habitats, or could tow them to allies' shipyards to be broken up and used to supply the raw materials modern units need, or could use the for target practice when training other units. A museum would improve a city's morale, an aquatic habitat would improve an …

• It seems like everyone is approaching this topic with the assumption that Dorado makes their profit from "gold"... When it seems much more likely that they have a typical data gathering business model.... Where it doesn't matter that the product is "free" because the revenue is generated by collecting and selling the data from the site traffic. The thinking probably goes something like "If there's an entry-fee game direct profits go up, but site traffic is reduced...which reduces the more signif…

• Well, when you have responsive allies you can make requests of them. California's units were far enough from everyone else's.... I could drag-click myself.... Washington's units were not, so I asked him to send me a screenshot through Discord.

• Chile

Smallsword - - General Discussion

For sure, I didn't really think you hadn't considered your options... but I do think a lot of players focus too much on increasing a needed resource rather than adjusting their builds/strategies to keep competitive... I mentioned it for those player's benefit

• Chile

I don't know what you've already researched... but I'm sure you think about resource balance as much as the next guy... If your electronics/rare mat are ok... you could consider attack subs as your naval primary.... much lighter on the component demand. If your supplies are ok you could build up MRL for coastal defense. You might skip ASF and opt for SAM in their stead. Gunships are a nice breather for components as well... you might make less infantry and more of these infantry killers. These d…

• Chile

I've never played as Chile... I've been allied to it once... and in that cause Chile was Golden beyond comparison to typical play.... I had to put a lot of effort into forcing them into a coalition, though... Very easy to bombard each city one by one, which was my primary diplomatic leverage. Ever time I've invaded S. America I've preferred to take it from the South and march North up the coast.... If you're West of the Mountain barrier it's not so slow and it's a nice path to trample your Chile…

• Alright... Day 12 in Battleground, USA Coalition of three Me:unknown.png5 home cities/27 cities total Ally 1:unknown.png7 home cities/19 cities total Ally 2:unknown.png7 home cities/ 1 annexed/19 cities total

• my first game strategy

Damage distribution is a concept I didn't see the value in until after reading enough of the forum... In case you're not familiar, it's were you stack different units together to spread out the damage that stack takes. Units of one type will pool their HP.... if you have 5 ASF and the stack takes 15 damage one of those planes will have it's HP reduced to zero, and thus the stack becomes 4 units. If a stack is comprised of 2 SF and 3 ASF and takes 15 damage, that damage is split between the two u…

• As a coalition leader I've had to mitigate this issue amongst allies... It is the most annoying when there is a huge territory with many cities all belonging to a recently defeated enemy... so no more enemy units.... and then someone decides that they want all that they can get and rip through the cities without any troops to hold them.... so we're left with 20-30 rogue cities. I've made it clear to allies that if they do that... or similar foolish/selfish actions... they'll be consumed by the r…

• You're welcome. Yes, if he's using another country's airbase he was granted right of way by that country

• Planes can patrol perpetually. They only refuel when you ferry them to another base or they engage in combat and then return to an airfield/base to refuel. An aircraft can remain operational as long as there is a friendly airbase/field within their range. Although you may have captured your enemies only airbase, apparently have access to another by "Right of Way" If an airbase is destroyed but there are grounded planes at it's location they will turn into ground transports. I hope I answered eve…

• Do You Guys Solo?

I'm never so married to the idea of soloing that I wont team up... but soloing is def more challenging. In most of my coalitions (maybe all) I've been the leader... and I've picked my allies based on geography. It's another kind of satisfaction, where the challenge is getting your allies to trust and follow you, orchestrate campaigns and defensive positioning... etc. In my early games, I sought out allies that were obviously the best on the map... to create the winning coalition. As I became mor…

• Quote from Teburu: “the torpedo suggestion always strikes me as odd; what do you think submarines use for their high anti ship stats? baguettes? also you perfectly countered your own point: Why introduce a Torpedos, if they will just act as a worse version of cruise missiles? c4 idea seems decent tho not really sure how the cost/dmg ratio would play out in practice ” You know... if the basic submarine attack is supposed to be a torpedo it really shouldn't be able to shoot over/through land masse…

• Quote from ewac123: “Quote from Tifo_14: “Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from 737373elj: “ ” ” Maybe they've been drafting leprechauns? ” Leiprechans ” Clearly it's the Leper-CoNs

• USA Game 361 Days (1x speed)

Smallsword - - Off Topic

Hey! Thanks for posting... Battle for the Bahamas petition lol

• I constantly check in while I'm in between other activities... it's not so much an hourly, but more of an impulsively schedule... 1x really reward patience and AFK time, I find... I love being away for 12+ hours and having resources to use and movement to be seen etc. If you check too often out of anxiety for the unexpected map movements and don't find any... it can become sort of a "cry wolf" scenario where the game gets lackluster and you put your guard down. I tend to engage in war at all pha…

• I hear that. I've noticed that once I lead in VP I can pick my alliance... before that I don't get responses. I never assume someone is new or weak because they're a rank 2 or whatever... I just try to have the map inform me first and foremost... and I think a lot of players new and old do that. I was also thinking that in the same vein as gold... there is activity level and security council membership. Like I said, I don't use gold... and I don't have the SC membership... but I compensate with …

• Hm... I guess I'm more of a big game hunter when I enter games... I think having a high rank/good stats just puts you on top of the hit list. A new player mentality might be a little stripe-struck with rank... but perhaps it's good advice to take it with a grain of salt. If there is a player gaining too much advantage too early, I focus my entire build to be ready for them ... or to stifle them... I pick my allies according to who might be useful to this end. I always recommend alliances based o…

• I agree 100% I think there is a thread unto itself about how to use gold most effectively... or how players like to use it. It is it's own world of game-play... I don't use gold myself but I'm interested in the topic... because it's like its own game mode... one that might be fun if "everyone" did it in a particular map. Furthermore, I'm interested to see gold-strategies so as to have a better idea of how to counter them as a typical peasant-player. From what I've gathered/deduced (some of this …

• @Im On Smoko Do you use Discord? We should chat it up about some music... First time for this one! Was cracking up the whole song... I love that track! It's a jam... Best line IMO: "Sports" Actually, it's: "...Cigarette... Getting high in the mornin'...Buyin' things off the internet.."