Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from potato: “One last thing if I didn’t bother you too much, Will this be fixed with or before the next season update? ” "fixed" might not be the right word. "changed" might be better. Regardless, just think of it as an idiosyncracy of the current map, and use it to your advantage. Pick a country next to Germany and then exploit Germany's lack of electronics.

• PUBLIC MATCH STRATEGY

KFGauss - - General Discussion

Quote from JohnFKennedy: “Sorry bro, ur stack of mt. inf will totally die after like 2-3 rounds of my F-35 stack ” For those of us who don't remember, please remind us which day is the earliest day F-35 research can finish.

• New map, Sengoku

KFGauss - - Questions & Answers

Thanks I just now spotted a Sengoku map (for the first time). Here's the Nation Selection view of the map (50 of 60 Nations have players in this snapshot). I'm guessing that Dorado already knows that they need to do a roughly 2X zoom in to improve this view of the map. forum.conflictnations.com/inde…e51615bbfb5ed7fa822b2cfbf

• PUBLIC MATCH STRATEGY

Because of statements like "You must research motorized infantry. It is the best unit in public matches." and "nothing is going to stop that stack" you're going to get a lot of disagreement from various readers.

• New map, Sengoku

Quote from Opulon: “Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from GambitFTL: “What does the map look like? ” When I saw that original post earlier, I guessed that it was either an ad for a competitor's game (not Dorado's CoN) or more serious phishing attempt.CoN doesn't have any such map as far as I know. ” Dorado wants to create "tutorial regional maps" to better appeal to server audiences. This is one of the recent examples. ” Thanks - I obviously was out of the loop. My (English idiom) foot in my mouth tas…

• New map, Sengoku

Quote from GambitFTL: “What does the map look like? ” When I saw that original post earlier, I guessed that it was either an ad for a competitor's game (not Dorado's CoN) or more serious phishing attempt. CoN doesn't have any such map as far as I know.

• Day 1 guide

Quote from WalterChang: “Quote from KFGauss: “Your last sentence contains two separate topics that should not be mistaken for one single topic. One topic is winning the game. The other topic is having fun. They often overlap, but they definitely aren't the same thing. I think that @Opulon was writing about wining. ” Good grief. What's the point in playing any game if you don't have fun in the process? Does anyone actually do that? ” Good grief - What's the point of writing something if readers a…

• Day 1 guide

Quote from Zemunelo: “Quote from Opulon: “Many air players would indeed say that by day 30 the game is finished and it has been a week since the last active player is dead ” Totally agree. But there's a chance on a big map like WW3 that active enemies are far away and you have to engage in a late game conflict. Even if you expand in that direction it may be too far for mid game conflict. Sure you can farm AI to finish the game but where's the fun in that. ” Your last sentence contains two separa…

• Simulating City Morale

Here is the subroutine (a Java method) that created the predictions my previous post (immediately above). Anyone who cares to run it can adjust the inputs, the algorithm, or both to experiment with the effects of rounding/truncating values when displaying or storing them. Source Code (42 lines)

• Simulating City Morale

This is the new thread I said I would create for discussing Predicting Morale My goal is being able to start with nothing more than the 70% City Morale that is the Day 1 default, then use a player-specified list of morale daily penalties and bonuses to come up daily morale predictions that closely track actual Morale values a City will have in a game. There are two things in the rest of this post. 1) Actual Morale-Penalty and City-Morale values I recorded during a Pacific Theater game (for a cit…

• Quote from playbabe: “How did morale fall and population dont even growing ” Currently Population is constant. The program doesn't change population from day-to-day yet. What you see in the original post uses At-War and Civilian-Casualty morale penalties I wrote down while I was playing my recent PT game. Those penalties went up and down (that's normal). I'll add the penalties to what I'm printing, and put the results in the new thread I mentioned in my previous post.

• There is a spot in my data where neither rounding error nor anything else I've tried accounts for what I have recorded. I'm starting to think I might have written a mistake into my data. I'll create a separate thread for morale and we can try to sort out remaining morale details there.

• Quote from Zozo001: “Quote from KFGauss: “@Zozo001 Is the raw data you used to determine your morale-change formula still available? Would it be easy for you to give me a copy of that data? ” Not easy, but possible ;-(. I'll dig it up, one of these days... ” Thanks

• I'm kicking off a thread to collect feedback for the Resource Output, Building Construction, and Unit Mobilization simulator I'm taking a run at writing. So far I'm - Approximating Morale evolution from Day to Day (Thanks @Zozo001) - The Morale calculation is a little pessimistic (it tops out about 1 percentage-point below the max I saw in some real-game data I have) - Using the changing Morale and a constant population to compute cities' daily Resource output for cities (Supp/Comp/Fuel/Rare/Ele…

• @Zozo001 Is the raw data you used to determine your morale-change formula still available? Would it be easy for you to give me a copy of that data?

• ECOnomy or Army

Quote from Dealer of Death: “KFG: self appointed arbiter of emotional justice ” Nope. Just giving someone a chance to avoid accidentally looking insincere.

• ECOnomy or Army

Quote from Red Snapper: “Sorry, just saw the blue and yellow flag and had to blurt that out. ” If you are truly sorry you can simply delete both posts. I'll delete this one too, afterward.

• ECOnomy or Army

Quote from KFGauss: “TLDR: By using my clever primate brain and my opposable thumbs. Longer Version: You write a Java program that has a Swing GUI. - The user uses the GUI to set up initial conditions, to set up assumptions for what will be captured and when, and to define when they want to build stuff. - The algorithms we've discussed above and some others are used to calculate the predicted results. - The predicted results are displayed in the GUI. ” I took a couple of baby steps: - I've creat…

• Quote from goth y boi: “? ? ? ” This obviously another time when Google is your friend.

• ECOnomy or Army

Quote from Red Snapper: “And how do you plan to go about creating this “calculator”? ” TLDR: By using my clever primate brain and my opposable thumbs. Longer Version: You write a Java program that has a Swing GUI. - The user uses the GUI to set up initial conditions, to set up assumptions for what will be captured and when, and to define when they want to build stuff. - The algorithms we've discussed above and some others are used to calculate the predicted results. - The predicted results are d…