Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New map, Sengoku

Opulon - - Questions & Answers

Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from GambitFTL: “What does the map look like? ” When I saw that original post earlier, I guessed that it was either an ad for a competitor's game (not Dorado's CoN) or more serious phishing attempt. CoN doesn't have any such map as far as I know. ” Dorado wants to create "tutorial regional maps" to better appeal to server audiences. This is one of the recent examples.

• Day 1 guide

Opulon - - General Discussion

Quote from Zemunelo: “On a day 30 a 5 city county could easily have 10+ squadrons of 4+1 (SF+ASF) and probably at least 1 helicopter squadron to deal with SAM if every SAM is stacked. All maxed ofc. With lvl 5 hospital. But the key is if that player is successful in expansion. Approximately 3 new cities per day. Those numbers of planes and helicopters are terrified and very hard to defend if you don't have a lot of ASF and SAM. 6 SAM is a joke. You don't have your fancy "doom stack" or any produ…

• The mobile version sucks

my biggest complain about the mobile version is how AA ranges and patrol range are not physically accurate and result in : - physically your patrol cross with the AA range - visually you have the information they don't cross - If a buddy forwards you a screenshot, you'll see that there is a discrepancy between your position as shown on mobile, vs on pc.

• Dev Log #23

Opulon - - News and Updates

This has been labelled the "League of Legends business model". Release new heroes : make them overpowered so a lot of people play it and buy skin for it. After the season, nerf it so it gets back in the fray. I fail plainly to understand both of your comparison but i agree that units shouldn't be released overpowered, because it always requests a significant energy to explain afterward why the unit needs to be brought back in the orbit of regular balance. I also don't want to have overpowered un…

• Dev Log #23

Roads won't be buffed to +2000% speed as you sugessted

• Dev Log #23

They did release overpowered units here and there, but not really on purpose, and it's why balancing is a thing. About the EAA unplayable, it's a player skill issue in my opinion. The thing was incredibly strong to the point i threw in the bin attack helicopters, gunships, and strike fighters together, to only make EAA because anyone with a few brain cell and acdess to a calculator could conclude that it would be idiotic "not to produce them". Now they are still S-tier, they are just not beyond …

• Dev Log #23

Trying to establish an equivalent between a suggested "elder conservatism" vs a suggested "youngling progressism" won't work. Let's assume it's about politics : Elders have a very high interest to see the game evolve positively since they are hyper integrated to the community. Let's review it through data perspective, from most recent to older, and only picking topics from people that are not elders. - 10X winter vacation : a new member expressed against the idea, a elder said the reasoning expr…

• People, you are arguing around something that doesn't really matter :p. Zozo (and peers) have constructed a formula out of empirism and field experimentation that is impressively acceptable, when you take into account how many things we do not have access to. Playbabe has a more accurate model, because he hacked God's personal computer

• Day 1 guide

You confuse "toxic" with "bringing you decisive arguments sourced with a solid foundation of field experience". About CRVs, i tend to disagree with what has been said about their uselessness, i tend to put them in my day 1-2 production build order, and having 5-6 of them is convenient in my opinion to steamroll conveniently the first AI until better units can link. However, not really the topic.

• Research by Osmosis

Opulon - - Suggestions

Quote from JimmyMaestro: “The regular research rules apply to start. Add to this research "Osmosis" By Osmosis I mean once a certain number of players have discover a certain technology all other players in the game start to receive a percentage credit towards that technology discover. Say 5% to 20% per game turn. ***So in any game new players can get there hands on elite toys for that map only. (When a bunch of veteran players are present on the map) ” i suggested something like that but with a…

• Gold (NOT a debate thread)

1°) Yes, happens. Gold is wide spread, i tend to see it as a nuclear stockpile, and i have a strong "second strike against nuclear powers" policy. How much depends but the goal is to be as savvy as possible, through what i call a "spending multiplier". If i use 1K Gold, in theory, my opponent should have "lost" 3-4k or more of gold. It's a bit like K/D. 2°) Yes. 3°) Some Community events that happen around there are gold free, not "technically", but us staff are allowed to conduct gold check and…

• temps de jeu

Opulon - - Suggestions

hon hon hon : french in movies han han han : french in paris hin hin hin : french in north hong hong hong : french in south hach hach hach : french in east check your stereotypes

• I eat them the only way acceptable : by mistake, then coughing and holding my throat like if i was reenacting the poisoning part of Hamlet, before drinking a liter of water straight away, and feeling for the following hour that said housefly is crawling my oesophagus. Regular guy.

• Missiles Mechanisms

yes my bad. I read too fast. "Does damaged missile do less damage ?"

• Buff for airborne and Eastern GH

Opulon - - Suggestions

Damn, you are right. It's strange, because i am more or less... convinced there was a difference. @kurtvonstein is it me that is crazy, Eastern Gunship always was "on par" ?

• Missiles Mechanisms

yes.

Opulon - - Suggestions

Starting from level 1, the East GH has 2 more HP (17 vs 15), and +1 soft damage, if i'm not wrong. They are definitely buffed.

Opulon - - Suggestions

the eastern Gunship does have more HP and damages, i don't understand. (i agree for the airmobile. Awful cost efficiency)

• Stop Hit and run

Opulon - - Suggestions

This is limited by the refresh of the server. The server can react to a UltArmyState saying "hey, bro, you got shot on !", but asking from it to refresh every millisecond if there is something in range is beyond its ability. The current refresh is every 10 minutes if i'm not wrong.

• Stop Hit and run

Opulon - - Suggestions

I must admit i wouldn't have believed how much, before the war in Ukraine 1°) Anti-Air interdicts Air 2°) Hit&run is core to attrition 3°) Ratio of cost vs value of target for missiles is important I don't have any further comment about how the game should be, but i admit i calmly considered Hit&run to be a consequence of how the game is designed, and not a collateral of how, in fact, modern warfare happens. In fact, it's nearly like if an active player was emulating a network centric army with …