Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 602.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New map, Sengoku

WalterChang - - Questions & Answers

Might have a look for one of these, bring back the old Shogun: Total War vibes. "Your enemy lacks courage and honour. He is running like whipped dog!"

• PUBLIC MATCH STRATEGY

WalterChang - - General Discussion

Quote from Zozo001: “Quote from Dr_Misa: “Stack 8 motorized infantries, 1 infantry officer and 1 combat recon vehicle and nothing is going to stop that stack. [<===>] YOU MUST BUILD ASF! Like the name says, this will give you control over the skies, which is very important in CON. ” As KFG has already said, your first sentence is controversial, to put it mildly. (It is flat out false, to be blunt.) One of the many, many things that'd stop an infantry stack is a strong airforce.The second part of…

• Day 1 guide

Quote from KFGauss: “Good grief - What's the point of writing something if readers are going to ignore of ” Dunno

• Day 1 guide

Quote from KFGauss: “Your last sentence contains two separate topics that should not be mistaken for one single topic. One topic is winning the game. The other topic is having fun. They often overlap, but they definitely aren't the same thing. I think that @Opulon was writing about wining. ” Good grief. What's the point in playing any game if you don't have fun in the process? Does anyone actually do that?

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “I remember a Simpsons Episode were Homer wasnot allowed to drink beer and had to watch a Baseball match. Only Game that can Top this is Cricket! ” I will not hear of it! Cricket is the finest game ever to be conceived in the minds of men. It can frequently be enjoyed without being drunk.

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Your take is spirited, a little edgy, and also wrong. A sport IS what it is codified into rules as being, and simply and undeniably factual, soccer is Association Football and what the ignorant call "American Football", hand-egg or whatever IS Football. Hence the National Football League and not the National American Football League or National Hand-egg league. As I said before, it makes no difference how many millions want to join in on being wrong, Facts are not up…

• Research by Osmosis

WalterChang - - Suggestions

What might be good is if you could steal, say, a proportion of research using spies.

• There are several varieties of football in the world. Each of them tends to be called "football" by the people who play or watch it. In Britain, if you refer to the game as "Association football" you're likely to get a similar reaction to what you would expect if you referred to your car as an "automobile", or to a movie as a "cinematograph", in everyday conversation: ie. you'll get laughed at. If you refer to it as "soccer", you're likely to get the word parroted back to you in a faux-American …

• Forming New Countries

yeah, exactly

• Forming New Countries

Quote from Samuel: “For example when you are playing as Czechia and you successfully take Slovakia, you will have an option to create Czechoslovakia so the cities and provincies in Slovakia will produce 100% resources like in the czech ,,homeland´´. The same can be done when you are playing as Russia, when you take Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan... you can form the Soviet Union ” I think you'd be on very dodgy ground trying to implement this. There's all sort of ugly nationalist politics surroundi…

• Square root map

Quote from Zozo001: “No matter how you try to approach reality, that'd bring such huge unbalancing of countries' power that the game would be practically unplayable, for all but a couple players who happen to pick large ones. This really is a terribly idea, unfixably so. A principal advantage of CON over real world is that all countries (well, except the two Koreas) have roughly the same chance of succeeding. ” It could be a separate map for a separate game mode, not compulsory across all modes.…

• Square root map

Quote from Telerik: “CON claims realistic maps and so many small countries are deserted as they sux . Or huge land mass like Russia or China has 7 cities same as Poland and Canada even has 5 on 100 maps ,and hard to defend . Or a player from Mongolia with 3 million population successfully invading Chinas 1443 millions . In order to make all countries attractive but keep realistic about big countries i world propose SQUARE ROOT MAP We assume all humans are equal in abilities, but we put penalties…

• Day 1 guide

My (rough) Day 1 guide would be this: 1) research National Guard 2) build Recruitment Offices 3) mobilize National Guard (keep doing this in any city that isn't mobilizing something else, as long as you have manpower to sustain it) 4) Research Air Superiority Fighter 5) Build Arms Industry in capital city (plus in Rare Material-producing city, if not the same one) 6) mobilize ASF in capital when Arms Ind. is finished 10 ) Buy as much Rare Material from the resource market as you can afford, whil…

• Rumor has it...

WalterChang - - Questions & Answers

I thought it was a frigate?

• Quote from Pentabuksus2: “You didn't list the elite railgun. and, you could add to the TA: + soft target, so doesn't show on most radars ” TA had a high radar signature, even though it's a soft target.

• Tips about air force

Perhaps. But the point I was making was that SAMs don't necessarily render stealth aircraft useless - they have to be high level, and in very high numbers to do that. Even if there are Stealth ASFs, there are likely to be ways of getting through.

• I don't think it'll work well for Airborne Infantry. I haven't tried it, but I imagine the waypoints will cause them to fly away to the next destination before they've disembarked and captured the land. (That's what my CRVs do, at least)

• Looks like it works with other air-assault units as well. (I tried it with CRVs.)

• Tips about air force

Quote from Roomi Royale: “Quote from JohnFKennedy: “To win is prretty easy: JUST BUILD STEALTH PLANES! ” you still can't use Stealth plans on enemy cities with Sam's in them,and later game most experienced players will keep SAMs in their Homeland cities ” Oh yes you can. If there's less than about 4 SAMs defending a city, it wouldn't stop me using Stealth Bombers. You might lose a couple, but you'll still wreck their city, which is the main reason you're using bombers anyway.

• Quote from Roomi Royale: “Also I have noticed that I can make waypoints with spec ops to air assault multiple locations one by one.Was this feature there before cause I don't remember it when I used spec ops last? ” I didn't know about that. But I'm going to use it from now on! Thanks.