Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 55.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This kind of thing happens to me quite frequently too. I just take it as being intended to make air units a bit less reliable and powerful. I avoid trying to do anything clever with my air units anymore. And many times, midflight, if I see a better target I'll just let it go rather than changing targets to the preferable one. Just one more challenge as far as I'm concerned.

• Kurt - agreed. However, benefitting the defender has to be put into context of how this affects overall game play. And how much is realistic when the defender is not even online until maybe 12 hours after the battle is initiated. If they WERE going to go down this path, then here are some baby steps for how it could be done. Double the hp of melee units. Military hospitals heal 1 unit of healing, 1hp for air units, and 5hp for ground units. Thus air units will heal at the same speed, while melee…

• I had to think about Kurt's response about how everyone will just make a stack of doom anyways. One way to mitigate, but not eliminate, this issue is to have supply lines be a thing. Trace a supply line of friendly provinces back to a homeland city or operate at reduced effectiveness and possibly take damage. Otherwise you are correct - I have a very nice line of defense across my border, a stack of doom came through and took my cities in the back, and is free to take everything else as well. An…

• Do I think this would ever happen? I would bet no as it is a HUGE change in the nature of the game. On the other hand, Civilization went from CON style stacks of doom (not even limited by 10 melee units per stack) to 1 unit per hex. It changed the game considerably. In a lot of ways the game was much much better. Instead of the winner being who has the biggest stack, it becomes ... well a lot more like real life warfare. GIving units zones of control is a way of making combat more interesting in…

• Getting solo wins

GraniteDust - - General Discussion

What SROL said. If someone has a lot of solo victories, I assume that there is a lot of ally betrayal going on.

• It happens to me now and again. I shrug it off at this point. A lot of times it's a lame attempt to make it a bit of a teamwork game rather than 2 solo people that just happen to be in the same coalition. Yet it can be annoying. For the most part though, if they take the city I don't have to, and I will move on to another. The benefit of sharing the wealth, even when it was not really an agreed upon share, is that it gets them to fight more of the bots at the end of the game where you just have …

• ICBM

When people who spend a LOT of gold on a game start launching nukes, I know it's gonna be a long game. And they are going to lose. Two strategies for defeating this are: Lots of theatre defenses. The downside is their cost, and the maintenance costs going forward. This hampers your production in a big way, especially of supplies. On the other hand, destroying nuke after nuke is kind of cool It has the additional bonus of making it expensive for opponents to operate fixed air units anywhere aroun…

• Bot or real person? I sent him or it an in game message, he or it replied with "Hi". I asked him or it to take a specific province because it was the last province of a nation I was "At War" with for the -2 morale debuff to all cities. He or it took that city. Otherwise it seems to be very botish. I am not at war with him or it since he might be a real person. If he or it had all AFVs and recon units - that would be my evidence.

• Me too. More time interacting with people, less time grinding through armor rich bots.

• Mostly that's what it does from what I have observed. I've never observed the AI building other than recon vehicles, AFVs, and infantry units. But what HAS seemed to have changed, from what I have observed, is that the AI makes some pretty nice armor attacks on my units. Thinking back, I BELIEVE that they have only attacked cities and provinces in their home nation. In several instances, AI has put air units to good use, which I attribute units that the original built. They have sent out artille…

• Another option would be to make US, Canada, Russia, China, and India 2 nations each, with each nation having 7 cities each. This would accurately reflect the geographic power of these nations. After all, if South Africa can be a nation, so can half of any of the above nations. To reflect economic power - US and China could be broken up into 4 or even 5 nations with 7 cities EU has roughly the same economic power as the US. Yet EU has WAY more cities than the US.

• I like the idea of having nations start out more equal - move all the smaller nations up to 6+ and the 8+ down to 7. Besides that, I like a lot of your ideas. The only problem, in my opinion, is that if you remove all the Victory Sites, limit coalition size to 3, and increase the number of VPs needed to win, then games will go for a VERY VERY long time, with most of it grinding through bots. And if bots get continued upgrades and even more units, which up to a point I am in favor of, a lot of ga…

• It would not be good if the AI built air units and used them at all. It would be REALLY bad if they also built a military hospital in their main air unit production city. With a decent use of air units, AIs would demolish a lot of players. Even more so than it already does. If AIs built air defense in addition to their current armor stacks, then it would be a long slog with artillery grinding out the cities one by one. Basically, it would mean running in with a stack or artillery units, hitting …

• The AI has gotten some nice attacks in on my forces now and again. I have not observed it researching new units other than recon units, motorized infantry units, and AFVs, but it does a good job of using left over units from what the original player had. One reason it works so well is that it can launch attacks after I go to sleep. That gives it 9 hours or so of uninterrupted kill time. So far it has not totally maxxed out the capabilities that this affords the AI, but it still has inflicted som…

• In response to the comment about fixed wing or chopper officers: The air officers provide a very nice boost to a stack of air units. Manual processing for attacking big opponent stacks: 1 officer plus 4 air units attack. After the battle, the 4 damaged air units fly to your military hospital city for healing while you send in your officer with 4 other air units. For fixed wing - the officer adds a nice bonus to air to air combat for strike fighters. For choppers - for anti-inf choppers, the offi…

• Civilian casualties are recalculated every day at midnight game time. Check to see what it is. If it is around 8 or less -some attacking is ok. 12 or more - reduce your attacking. It reduces by about a third each midnight.

• If you are having cities turn rogue and morale is low across the board: few or no civilian casualties for a day or two. This means drastically reducing offensive missions for a day or two. bunkers can improve the morale of individual cities Check the nations you are "at war" with, and take the last province of 1 or more of them to remove a -2 morale hit to each city.

• Sounds like a pretty good strategy for public games to me. Things to test out to see if they integrate well with your strategy: Research recon vehicles to start and build 3 or even 4 of them to start. They are deadly in the beginning of the game. Anti-inf choppers, combined with building military hospitals in one of your airbase cities, is another way to get off to a fast start. Experiment with fewer army bases and quicker strike fighters and a military hospital in an airbase city to build up a …

• Faster Games

The original topic was faster games. I doubt it will ever be done due to its low ability for the developers to get a lot of profit from these games. If they find a way to monetize it properly, then there would most likely be a roll out one day. I'd be willing to try it. I am not sure if it would be fun and enjoyable, but it would be worth playing a few games to find out. If they upped the speed to 12x (artillery hits happen every 5 minutes) , and made what you can buy 3 times cheaper as well (sp…

• Air Assault

Air Assault for towed artillery units can be quite effective in making them much more mobile than Mobile Anti-Air units, which can't fly between airports until late. It is also good for attacking a big bot city, and then as soon as the bot sends out an armor stack to chase the artillery units, fly the artillery units away and use air units to take out the group that is a bit smaller than the original stack defending the city (less air losses) <or fly them to a place to attack again once they lan…