Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 37.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Funding Insurgents

Quasi-duck - - Suggestions

Good idea, this could probably easily be done. Do it in the espionage tab, and have it like when a building or something gets damaged by espionage.

• Anti-ship missiles

My "experience" comes from reading the writings of military enthusiasts, weapon developers, US Navy personnel and people from the military community as a whole

• Anti-ship missiles

Quote from Opulon: “In other words, missile groups would create a triangle where you can kill anti-missile defense system with missiles (in an unefficient way), but you can't ignore anti-missile defense system . ” That is, basically, how missiles are used... anti-ship ones at the very least.

• Rogue States - A Neat Idea

I think if it were to be done, as I said previously, there should be a dedicated, pinned thread for it so the staff can sift through the names. If the names are to be from a set number of random names, well, there should still be a dedicated, pinned thread for the same reasons, then the ones the devs like best they pick.

Quote from War-spite: “This could get pretty troublesome. In the US alone you have anyone that isn't fully on-board the pc bandwagon being labelled a terrorist group by the splc. And this being an international game, you will have some players thinking that one sides freedom fighters are anothers terrorists. I can easily see this turning into someone's forum for defending really bad behavior. ” Yeah, I thought of that, which is why I was thinking it would be checked by staff, but I don't think t…

Quote from DevinMacGregor: “Westboro Baptist. Sons of Liberty. Scientology. Doctors without Borders. *Maybe they are just really pissed off at the lack of healthcare and gone off the deep end. ” New idea - We can submit names for the terrorist organizations to a pinned thread on the forum. If staff find it appropriate, it will be added to the random name selection database.

• Military outpost cost

Quasi-duck - - General Discussion

Quote from Kristovi: “ok, but why is it more expensive than close to a city ? ” I would assume because an airstrip in a less developed region costs more to transport the initial resources there, as well as needing better protection.

• Y'all Need Some Personality

Quasi-duck - - Off Topic

Quote from Tom Raines: “I don't think its bragging... more like arrogance in something that's pretty trivial... ” I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

• Y'all Need Some Personality

Quasi-duck - - Off Topic

Quote from greatbighippo: “Sigs? Profile pics? Personality? I'm the king of all three. ” Bragging isn't a great personality trait

• Military outpost cost

Quote from Kristovi: “If you think about it, an airfield is not so complicated, it's a road like over 500 meters. ” That's just a simple air-strip but for most aircraft it does need to be paved, it needs munition depots, fuel depots, guards, mechanics, hangars, repair workshops, mess, housing, etc.

Quote from Tom Raines: “also one small point: can we Please have the rouges get them self a darn name? like the Rogue State of New York... or like New Denver? that would be srsly cool. ” That's a helpful one, I would want to know which area is uprising. It's like ISIS being the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

The idea sounds really good, but what if you look at it from the view of a new player? The idea is very nice to keep the current player base that already understands the game, but new players might have trouble with it. I am a new player myself, and while I am a veteran of Call of War, I still find these uprisings troublesome due to the hp of the insurgents. So what if it was an option/gold option only for certain matches? That way it won't scare off new players as being too "hard" for a "browse…

• Military outpost cost

Quote from War-spite: “lvl 1 FOB fixed artillery firebase cost = 1.5 * towed artillery unit lvl 2 FOB airfield + artillery cost = .75 * airfield lvl 1 lvl 3 FOB radar station + airfield + artillery cost = .5 * ground radar unit. ” That sounds best. I take it has a range, so maybe the artillery fire should be automatic, unlike standard artillery? Fantastic idea though, especially if we can build FARPs like I mentioned earlier for rotary-wing aircraft.

• Military outpost cost

Quote from Kristovi: “It seems way cheaper to invade a country and build a simple airbase. ” You might like my Forward Air Refueling/Re-arming Position idea -> FARPs Quote from Kristovi: “The USA have like 500 bases in the world and they are not even able to invade Afghanistan properly... ” That's not a matter of US military bases worldwide, it's a matter of the US not being able to defeat local forces in guerrilla warfare, strict ROE, and trying not to kill every single civilian in Afghanistan,…

• Lack of electronics

Yeah sometimes you just have a bad supply of it. Not enough cities producing it. In one game I have two cities producing it and it is my most abundant resource while in another I have two cities (albeit since 4:45 AM yesterday) and it is one of my least abundant resource, because only one city is built up with arms industry for it and has high morale.

• Lack of electronics

Quote from Kristovi: “Are you sure ? Or is it based on population level ? ” Pretty sure, I'll provide a screenshot of daily up-keeps for you. It depends on the building level, not the population. You can also see what consumes resources by hovering over them on the resource bar, which I will also provide a ss of.

• Lack of electronics

Quote from Kristovi: “I'm not sure that a unitn of T80 uses more electronics than a destroyer. ” Didn't know they used quite that much, my bad Should probably be lowered so. Quote from Kristovi: “Also, the problem comes from the cities that consume 1/3 of the production.If we manage the army of a country I don't understand why we should supply the civilians... ” Well, it's the military structures that consume the resources, it's pretty much the same as unit upkeep, just the military replacing th…

• Anti-ship missiles

Quote from Opulon: “It would remain very uneffective, cost-speaking, but it would make sense. ” Yeah, in modern warfare it's generally only a tactic that can be utilized by larger nations like China, Russia, and the US.

• Lack of electronics

Quote from Kristovi: “you won't find a lot of electronics in an old T80. ” You've been mislead. Both the M1 Abrams and the T-80 were made in the 70's. "The T-80U's 1A46 fire control system includes a laser range finder, a ballistics computer, and a more advanced 1G46 gunner's main sights, as well as thermal imaging sights" "It can fire the 9M119 Refleks (AT-11 Sniper) guided missile" "The GTD-1250 has a built-in automatic system of dust deposits removal" All these are fairly electrical pieces of…

• Anti-ship missiles

Quote from Oceanhawk: “TBH, Id say an anti ship warhead is understandable. But Conventional Cruise missiles already act as a anti ship missile in the game. ” Yeah, it's probably the way to go.