Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Unit Suggestion ECM Plane

EvenGodsFall - - Suggestions

I have an idea for a new unit for the game which is in use in the real world, an ECM plane to jam radars for a period of time, allowing cruise missiles to strike ships and SAMs and other units while radars are jammed. The period it would jam for and range of area it would jam would depend on the level, this plane could of course be shot down by SAMs and other planes. This should be both land based e.g. EF-111A Raven and carrier based e.g. EA-6B Prowler.

• My last post didnt seem to show up, anyhow I will resubmit, I said that a ranking system where units gain experiance may make more sense, and lead to more tactical game play.

• Would'nt it make more sense to have units gain experiance and then promotion? e.g. all units start at private, the rank of the unit should affect unit stats. This sort of thing would also promte more tactical game play and economy of force, rather than the build tonnes of units and steam roll like most games tend to pan out.

• The Falklands should be a UK home territory on this map and not AI, the bottom line is a war was fought over the Falklands, also Degaio Gracia is shown as US on this map, in the real world its British, the US simply pays for the right to use a base on the island.

• GENERAL UPDATE (180726)

EvenGodsFall - - News and Updates

I like the fact that navies are now more important, the smiple fact is in real life the global hegemon, always has the strongest navy, think of the British Royal Navy in the past and the US Navy in the present. I do think that submarines should be a lot more powerful vs ships, but very vulnrable vs destoyers, asw planes/heli's, as the saying goes "There are two types of ships submarines and targets"

• Hypersonic Missiles

I Quote from mccarty.geoff: “As I understand it current hypersonic cruise missile designs are just 'star wars' type BS. The only speed improvement comes from the lower atmosphere hypersonic glide vehicle at the second stage. Which is neglible and really only meant to actuate it's trajectory rather than boost delivery. Meanwhile top re-entry speed is the same as it was in the early 80s at Mach 20. Not that there shouldn't be a theoretical super fast ICBM modeled in the game ” I would not call hyp…

• Hypersonic Missiles

I think the final missle on the cruise missle tech tree should be an hypersonic missle with a speed value of around 30. Every major nation is currently busy devloping or deploying hypersonic cruise missiles.

• The arms market

I agree about physical resouces bought on the market should need to be shipped or sent by air, bulky items such as oil, components and supplies via sea and rare & electronics via air. This would also make controlling key choke points such as suez and panama canal more important. This would also make diplomacy more interesting, especially for land locked countries.

• The arms market

Yes agree weapon sales should also be published in the paper like when you build a new carrier, that way it will be easier to catch multi account cheats.

• The arms market

I think this is a good idea, the arms trade is huge in real life and can have massive geo political implications, one example is Turkey buying the S400 from Russia. However some processes have to be put in so that multi account players do not abuse this. I think the unit bought should be at whatever research level the seller has researched. I also think that if the buyer goes to war with the seller and they have not yet researched that level of weapon, then the unit should slowly lose health, th…

• Naval Bugs

EvenGodsFall - - Bug Reports & Issues

OK well it should not as it was not like that before, you used to get two count downs with ships, one for attack and one for AA timers, I had a message from the 2nd of April saying it was being worked on to be fixed

• Naval Bugs

The frigate issue is a bug it was reported by me a while back and has been acknowledged, as I stated the AA count occurs when your ship stack attacks e.g. you have a stack of ships eg frigates and cruisers and they bombard a tank on land, the AA count starts, the AA count should only occur if an enemy aircraft or missile flies within its range

• Naval Bugs

Thanks, that has been noted, it kind of defeats the whole point of the aggressive setting.

• Naval Bugs

I do have frigates in every ship stack, the way the game is meant to work is the AA count down should only start if a stack with a frigate is attacked by a plane or missle, however if that stack attacks either a land target or other ships with its guns then the AA countdown happens anyway, secondly as stated I could not fire cruise missiles and I had a number of cruisers in my stack!

• Naval Bugs

I unlike most players think that a game can be won via strong navy, however the constant bugs make it almost impossible to implement this strategy. Firstly the frigate bug which has been in place for way over a month and still has not been fixed whereby your anti air counts down if another ship in the stack attacks. The second issue I had today is my ships now could not launch cruise missiles at enemy ships and were simply wiped out by a few planes that could launch cruise missiles, the frigates…

• I understand that a single unit on the game does not represent a single unit, but lets take a comparison a single Tier 1 frigate costs 2k components, 750 manpower and 775 Electronics and 1750 bucks, a single Tier 1 tank costs 1950 components, 600 manpower, 800 electronics and 2000 bucks. So regardless of if a single unit of both represents x amount of units the numbers still do not stack up when compared to real life cost of production and complexity. Point I am trying to make is tanks are cheap…

• I have two points to make. 1. Firstly I think tanks/armoured units are far too costly in terms electronics and money when compared to say a frigate how can a tank cost more than a frigate? In real life a tank costs around £4 million and a frigate would be hundreds of millions if not more, the new British type 26 will cost £1 billion each! 2.Secondly I think naval units should be vastly more powerful than they are, with nuclear attack subs being the most powerful naval unit and second in cost onl…