Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Surrounding Troops

Vassily Zaizev - - Suggestions

Quote from kurtvonstein: “well to be honest, i dont see myself have 5 infanteire sitting in the provinces around a city, doing nothing just to starve a unit to death for 15 days to avoid risks. If you dont have the offensive units to go into a city and conquer it, you might reconsider your strategy or you just dont go to war and play SIM City. ” That was unnecessary rude. Surrendering enemy units is absolutly realistic, and is one of the things I miss more on this game compared to -let's say- He…

• Nope, sorry and I understand you liking german designs but no... Leo 2 Revolution it's an upgrade for older Leo 2 variants. An upgraded designed to increase it's capabilities in urban enviroments, much like Abrams TUSK. (Thus, it was the one chosen by Singapore, and nearly 100% urbanized nation) In fact, is not even planned for the newest among those previous Leo 2s, but really older Leo 2 A4s It doesn't even have an independent tank commander's periscope, a feature most late western, russian an…

• One thing I would like is for each indivual unit in this game to keep it's "indivituality" For example: On day 1 I have 7 inf. batallions numbered ( let's say) 1 to 10, with 3 and 7 being armored ( recon) batallions. How about letting them keeping their original designation, as in games such as the Hearts of Iron Series? This game chooses to rename them every time I reform them into a new stack. So let's say I group then in a 10-unit stacks ( 10.000 men, actually a basic division) and I built a …

• Quote from Germanico: “You are aware that we are using the Black Night Challenger as our model... armyrecognition.com/united_kin…tle_tank_lep_program.html ” Yep! I like the french and italiand systems on it. It's lacking a german gun tough XD But in any case, I would have prefer the Lerclec

• Quote from Kalrakh: “I lived in Switzerland for about 2 decades, but never heard of any of them. Also none have them seems to produce anything relevant for CON, like tanks, helicopters or stuff. (I did not google but rifles and pistols surely don't matter.) But honestly, I don't really care about arms industrie in real life. Even though I like to play war games from a tactical perspective, I despise the concept of private arms industrie. Their efforts to sell their products are core reason why a…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “Switzerland is not really known for their arms industry, so I suspect none. But that is beside the point. ” Geez Mate Sorry to bring it but...Have you heard about Swiss Arms AG ( makers of the SIG-550 series rifles, and SIG-Sauer pistols).... Oerlikon-Contraves? ( I don't think I really need to introduce this one, should I?) Not to mention MOWAG, wich produces the Piranha series, wich is probably the most important APC in the world nowadays, with around 30 users of different…

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “I personally would not make air force branch stronger. They already are super fast and through to their speed can basically attack at multiple spots in a short time frame. Which is essential in a online game. This game is all about balancing your army. If someone has a good ground air defense then the Air Force player simply has to rearrange his troops and build some ground forces. You shouldnt just give him other airplanes to help him out. ” I think It woudn't make the…

• Weapons​ Black Market

Quote from kurtvonstein: “Quote from King7673: “Quote from kurtvonstein: “Question is: How do you want to transfer the units? Airlift from capitol to capitol? Or just beam them? If you beam them coalitions would have super faster shipping mechanism ” I think it will disappear from the seller city and appear in the buyer's capital. ” in that case - i call it beaming - you will make a fast trasnport possibility for allaince members shifting their troops from scenario to scenario at no time. ” True…

• Weapons​ Black Market

I got to say... This looks extremely promising! Arms Market ( not necessarily "Black") it's a huge deal in International Relations: as a matter of fact, some countries ( i.e Saudi Arabia) only get warm relations with the rest, because of the huge ammount of weapon they buy! ( Saudis alone have the 3rd largest military budget IN THE WORLD, and 99% percent of it go to weapons import). Also, you could been giving VP for ( say) X fulfilled operations. That would add yet another way of making your wa…

• Quote from chucullain: “I personally would like to see the A10 in the game. flying tank destroyers standard western doctrine ” Well...actually that COULD work A-10 with more Anti-tank capability, Su-25 with more anti-infantry capability ( as Russians have been using it againts insurgents since..FOREVER and the rest of it's users as well) Harriers with shorter reaction times! What do you think, gentlemen?

• Quote from ewinner: “Thanks for the input. I like the suggestions. The Close Air Support acting as mobile/airborne artillery is a great idea. Good way to get some of those planes in and possible introduce the attack C-130s. I also like the suggestion for the Harrier for the European doctrine. Since that is the Naval Strike fighter for them at Tier 1 and Tier 2, what would the Tier 2 replacement be? The Tornado? ” Well, I'm not too familiar with European tech tree, but I guess about STRIKE navals…

• Quote from Halv0r: “Quote from Vassily Zaizev: “"... I see not alot of problems with it, but, while a nice nod to realism and a flavorfull adition to the game, I see bunkerbuster ammunitions easily become one of the, if not the least used "units" in the game. It's just too much of a one trick pony." Thanks Halv0r, you put it plain clear Yes, I do see them kind of a one-trick pony, specially usefull at (for example) taking cities without demolishing everything on them, and on a realistic way. So.…

• I understand experienced players have a lot of ( already proven) tactics in order to defeat air defenses. However, not being one of then, I got to say, using Special Forces for this ( and some other) task looks extremly unrealistic to me. A dedicated "WIld Weasel"/SEAD class would be a nice adition: Perhaps a one-tier only class as Stealth fighters are. Expensive, not easy to develop, highly specialized planes. Wich could be made not-so effective against other ground targets apart from radars/ a…

• Make western tanks powerful

Sure! And I agree that's why they are for ( though I think speed of movilizaiton but rail would be great and more efficient at larges scales, eg. moving mlitary units, than by roads) What I was wondering is: If some roads/railroads could be implemented from day 1, in due maps. Thus making huge countries more viable, specially for nubie playes ( such as me, I'm pretty much one of them ) and also adding some strategic deept into certain provinces. As rivers would do

• Missile launch systems

Quote from Germanico: “The justification for ballistic missile subs has always been stealthiness and short reaction times of potential enemies. Hence SLBMs. Sub launched ballistic missiles. More here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_missile_submarine ” Sure, no doubts about it. They have now become retaliation weapons, however. Assuring the enemie's demise in case of a nuclear attack: stealth platforms whose SLBM won't be dettected untill they are already on way to their targets. Thus, the cap…

LoL I see Perhaps in bigger scenarios ( WW3 and such) SOME strategic railways could be available since minute 1 for bigger nations? Example: Trans -siberian railway for the Russians, Amtrak for the US, perhaps even India's and China's one,wich are also among the world's biggest. China might have another advantage: High-speed rail. As they are the country with most rails of this type in the world ( they have more high speed-rails than the rest of the world combined). So, while tanks would surely …

• Well...yes and no There are some units that ignore entreanchment, but they are not an specific designed ordenance ( just as cruise missiles are) designed to damage bunkers. First of all, they are not strike planes, so they lack that versatility. Of course Heavy Bomber tier3 is "kind of" a strike plane, but is not a one unit you would use in a tactical air campaign ( unless you have complete air superiority) and even then it's a waste of resources, bombers are strategic assets, expensive, and in …

Quote from Opulon: “ "As much as i agree that India isn't following a "Russian Doctrine", it's needed for the consistancy of the game, and we can't realistically create a Doctrin fitted to every single one country, with the good units, the good stats, and the good visuals :D" Ohh I understand this, of course. It was more a reply to GoldenGuy's post Regarding movilization times, the fact is, no other country currently enjoys Power Projection capability as the US does. Russia has a considerable po…

Quote from GoldenGuy: “This is what I already said that western tanks cannot defeat eastern tanks and western airforce is also ineffective if eastern nations have anti air.Artillery is the only option for a western nation now.There should be an option for every country to switch their doctrine like india is currently switching from eastern to western doctrine. ” That's what mobile SAMS are for, and that's precisely the reason Russians are generally regarded as superior on this regard: Users of t…