Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Commanders, I really like the Overkill and Rising Tide maps. I really don't like 4X speed. Can we get some maps that are regular speed posted???? Peace, Joe

• Best form of air support

JoeSlackman - - Questions & Answers

I think you have to consider the units the enemy is using. If he has SAM traveling with his stacks, helicopters are needed. If he has AS fighters patrolling the area, then you need to use SF fighters to hit the targets.

• Yes....I am getting a server error message.

• I think you share the same perspective as my recent opponent.

• Commanders, The Code of Chivalry was a moral system which went beyond rules of combat and introduced the concept of Chivalrous conduct - qualities idealized by the Medieval knights such as bravery, courtesy, honor and great gallantry toward women. I try to play this game with a code of chivalry. In a recent match, I feel like my adversary did not extend me courtesy and acted in a way that was dishonorable. When I let him know what I thought about it, he accused me of acting like a child. So this…

• About 60 days for me.

• What is wolfpacking?

JoeSlackman - - Questions & Answers

It is when a player allows his alliance mates to take advantage of his country during a match even though he is not in a coalition with his mates. For instance, the coalition limit is 3 players and there are 4 players in the match from a single alliance. The 4th player is not able to join the coalition but allows his mates to take his territory and use his resources to gain an advantage over non-alliance players in the match. I think that is the best way to describe it.

• Fellow Commanders, In one of my current matches, a country has a large army tearing up the countryside with infantry, artillery, and AA vehicles. The thing is....he territory and city count is zero!!! How can a 30 unit mass of men and vehicles continue to operate without resources? I was thinking they would die out? Any thoughts? Peace, Joe

• I like carriers because I don't have to worry about someone nuking my airfield and I can keep it moving to avoid them zeroing in on the position. The fact that people can see the airfield you are operating from when you attack with air units often leads to no more airfield. Also, I can stage different capability based on the situation at hand: fixed wing or helos. It is expensive, but I like a strong navy so I will often build carriers.

• So I took a "complex" and the dome was destroyed. Can it be re-constructed? Peace, Joe

• Make western tanks powerful

JoeSlackman - - Suggestions

I like tank destroyers and attack helos. I mass 5 attack helos and the eastern tanks are swiss cheese. SAM cannot hit helos. Tank destroyers defending in urban area will really hurt eastern tanks. Lots of bonuses. So, you have to defend and use air power.

• Why not have bombers with cruise missiles? I feel like that is ideal. I don't like Ballistic Missiles because they use 2 warheads and cannot damage units on the move. Peace, Joe

• Well I see good things don't last very long!! lol It looks like they disabled this feature. Sorry Comrades.

• Comrade Commanders, I wanted to celebrate the new Homeland City rules. I recently lost a homeland city while playing Belarus. This is a landlocked country. Since I lost a homeland city, this great looking icon appeared that allowed me to designate a new homeland city. I selected a city on the coast. Presto!! No more land locked country!!! I wonder if I can convince my neighbors to do this on purpose for me in a future match!!! The best part of this arrangement is the new homeland city designatio…

• Great tip! I will try it. Thanks for the reply gentlemen. Joe

• Opening Strategies

JoeSlackman - - General Discussion

Wow...missed the change on army bases. Thanks for letting me know. I try to only hit computer controlled territories at the beginning of the match. I also look for players who are not upgrading buildings in their homeland cities. If they are not upgrading buildings, I am thinking they are not paying attention to the match. I look for strategic points and try to hold them. For instance, if there is a computer controlled territory and one of my neighbors is attacking it. I will move my troops in t…

• Opening Strategies

JoeSlackman - - General Discussion

General_Mo, I would not call myself any sort of expert at the game, but I have experienced some success in matches without investing in economy early in the game. I try to get level 2 army posts, level 2 air bases, and level 3 navy bases as soon as I can. In the matches I have played, developing strike fighters, armored vehicles, and destroyers as fast as possible helps me survive the early part of a match. If you can get to day 20, you have usually captured enough territory and cities to start …

• Hey Developer Dudes!! I wanted to know if we could get a dashboard tab for military units. I find the dashboard tab for intel and cities very useful. Is it possible to add one for military units? I am constantly losing track of military units. For instance, I know that I have a strike fighter somewhere but I have trouble locating it. I have to check my alerts and the newspaper to see if it was destroyed. In many circumstances, the strike fighter is a truck icon because I did not select the route…

• Gold can be used to recover HP if a unit is not engaged. That is the trick. Once you engage a unit, you have them. I saw this when I was first trying an aircraft carrier. I got trapped in the Suez Canal by 5 frigates and a bunch of corvettes. My air power could not help due to frigates. Once they had actually engaged me close range, I could not use gold to recover HP anymore. My carrier went to Davy Jones' Locker! I think gold is your hack you are talking about. If your match does not have const…

• I was thinking that stacking too many of one type of unit would be a penalty. No worries...I understand.