Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 59.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Units Disengage

mccarty.geoff - - Bug Reports & Issues

Someones obviously already logged in and played with United Kingdom's units but, I'm just reporting a bug like a good little boy. Not trying to engage with disabled personalities as usual. Apparently, the server is having some issues today. Pass through error bug in round 2412274. Just as a matter of report again. forum.conflictnations.com/inde…548e509e457e8fbc4ac3b9812

• Units Disengage

mccarty.geoff - - Bug Reports & Issues

Found units halted in city center along with enemy unit. Ordered engagement three times. They disengaged each time. Round 2411357. Greece Q7 (mobile anti-air, motorised infantry) and United Kingdom I1 (lvl 1 combat recon vehicle) at Bordeaux. The server does seem to be generating an 'on attack' combat round on engagement (but they deconflict within seconds to minutes afterwards). Forum issue: cannot upload a 3.2MB .png due to "unknown error" forum.conflictnations.com/inde…548e509e457e8fbc4ac3b98…

• I've taken the liberty of starting an unstructured roleplay round. The simple 'rules' are to interact and roleplay seemingly realistic while not seeking too simply win via victory point objectives. This thread and in-game chat can be used as out of character gamer interaction. Please join and enjoy yourself without the RP clique pressure!

• Upcoming update

mccarty.geoff - - General Discussion

Complete game documentation.

• RPU COLD WAR RP

mccarty.geoff - - Roleplaying Section

At this rate of signup requests I doubt we'll fill out this round with roleplayers.. I'm still willing to play an incomplete AI filled map with Admin setup of alliances though.

• Dataset

mccarty.geoff - - General Discussion

This is a working thread on compiling in-game parameters. I'd rather it be posted to somewhere out of the way like 'design discussion' but, (((bizzarely))) that is a locked forum. -The current dataset contains basic unit costs and upkeep. European doctrine infantry combat properties have also be documented. I'll be using CSV format because it is universal (literally 8-bit). Naturally, during data entry you think of ways not to do data entry. A better method of tuning my print screen and gimping …

• GENERAL UPDATE (180726)

mccarty.geoff - - News and Updates

Well, that's the long and short of it. If I were you I'd wait until I've ordered that year subscription next month before banning me though. Naturally, if we design and post our own database schemes we wouldn't realistically believe they'd be applied outright. It would be a source of discussion and organization amongst members. Perhaps, something acceptable could be released to beta-testing. The more knowledgable one is on any subject the more helpful they'd be. The managers and developers shoul…

I might be snarky but, I'm actually trying to be helpful. Tweaking may not be the solution to the overall system if an overhaul is needed. I'll try to document the variable values this weekend and present a hypothetical database the next. @Mc_Johnson I suggest you do the same. We can't complain about their minor tweaks which have no major impact on the game's entirety if we don't attempt to posit our own solution in proof form. If our simple logic and spreadsheets are countermanded than I'd say …

Quote from Germanico: “In case of emergency the US plans to deploy their Naval Aegis ships in ports around the nation - eg. Washington, to increase the local Air Defense. What is the problem with this? ” US frigates aren't Aegis capable. Aegis is a meme system only good at killing plane loads of Iranian civilians. If the game were patterned after the real world than missiles are gonna strike and destroy every unhardened target 8/10 times. Corvette should be modeled as a slow coastal gunship with…

I bow before your autism sir. *tips BUK* I believe they saw that the frigate was being disused. Destroyers and Cruisers can easily send them down. So, they gave them OP AA statistics. I might suggest replacing the corvette with frigate class as the low man on the pole. Fast attack missile craft under 1kt should have a place but, aren't really comparable to a battalion of 500+ land combatants or a squadron of aircraft. Corvette is too puny for this simulation's formations.

Hey man, nice tweaks.

• I'd compare it to a game of charades. ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/gambling_en forum.conflictnations.com/inde…548e509e457e8fbc4ac3b9812 Those were the days.

• Doctrine advantages

mccarty.geoff - - Questions & Answers

This is an image of a spreadsheet. You could zip your document and post it.. or not.

• [Concept] Extended Combat Log

mccarty.geoff - - Suggestions

Agree, and I would simply be happy with the formulae without any client report. Hopefully there is proper server logging of this kind for every combat round which can flag and report systemic problems to the administration.

• RPU COLD WAR RP

mccarty.geoff - - Roleplaying Section

Hah, wanted E. Germany but, I'll take West Germany! I hereby agree to aforementioned rules in their entirety. OOC: Out of Character

• Doctrine advantages

I plan on doing so this weekend. Would you care to share your sheet(s) as an attachment? Naturally, not releasing such information might be considered as poor quality by many wargamers. Back in my day, American developers either published all their algaebraic proofs and charts or noone would give them a second glance. Times have changed though.

• Doctrine advantages

Excellent question. Wondered this myself. Support please release a CSV or XLS of the units, research and, buildings data. Nothing worse than a wargame where the player has to make assumptions or rely on rumor for his strategy. I imagine the game system is still in a state of major design revision and that is why a better manual with 'current' data wasn't compiled.

• Middle East Crisis

mccarty.geoff - - Suggestions

Middle East Crisis still hasn't been recirculated therefore I assume it's quality changes are still up for suggestion. Here are my own after playtesting two rounds only one of which has been somewhat decent in participation: 800 VP singleplayer win 1200 VP 2 player win No 3 member coalition Caliphate non-playable (except as Admin) Halve Palestine and Levant provinces More starting resource stockpile and forces for all nations. US/Russia equally dominant over others with tech level perhaps day 7.…

• Sounds great. Bridging would be a major improvement. Hopefully these are not just bottlenecking sea zones.

• anti aircraft guns

I'll point out here that this system of rather unrealistic parity makes air defense twice as difficult as offense. Only causing the blitzkrieger to have to probe probable AD sites, than just nullifying that system with either of it's corresponding two attack craft. Although, I'm uncertain of my assumption in practise really. I believe the AAA should be moderate vs. choppers and light vs. aircraft. SAM; heavy vs. choppers, moderate vs. aircraft, very light vs. missiles. TD moderate vs. aircraft, …