Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 192.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from MallahanJr: “I remember the first carrier I built, when I logged in I thought, "Oh man, everyone is going to think I have a small peni$." I am glad it got re scaled. ” I post my campaigns on my FB page. When I built my first carrier a friend of mine asked, umm is that to scale? I was Iran at the time. I said, Well Persians go big or go home. Thing was huge. When going through the Red Sea and Suez to get to the Med it was going across land. Yes we enslaved 10s of 1000s and had them put…

• The helo in transport for airmobile is just a visual representation. Airmobile would not just have transport helos. They would have attk/Gunships as well, ie organic support. The gunship/attk helos we specifically purchase would be things like the 6th Attk at Ft Hood which was a III Corps asset meaning it could support either the 1st Cav or 2AD.

• Airborne units

DevinMacGregor - - General Discussion

Quote from Germanico: “Hi Devin - thanks for the great read. This comes right in time for our current AA re-coding and balancing. We have identified several issues/bugs with AA (all of them) in the game, and are now fixing and revamping. The plan is to have the three branches overlay while retaining standalone features. Our "close combat" range is 5 pixels presently, translating into "several" kilometers. We deliberately try to avoid exact numbers as we need to balance for game fun and cannot ac…

• Balancing Statement

DevinMacGregor - - News and Updates

Quote from Germanico: “You guys will be delighted to hear that we are working on improving AA to increase the "passive" defenses of a nation. @Devin: I once met a guy online @SubsimForum who played Silent Hunter 3 in realtime - meaning if his lookout spotted something at 3am he would get up and follow up until resolved. RP doesn't even come close to describe this level of commitment ” I miss submarine games. I played them in real time as well. Sit there for hours and days just to get a kill. I h…

• Airborne units

I saw some comments about Air Defense. As someone who was in Air Defense Artillery NO the Avenger is not anti helo only. The reason for the switch to the Avenger was the Chap was too damn heavy. It weighed 14 tons and was fully tracked. Stingers are lighter weight than sidewinders and mounting them on a Humvee gives them tremendous versatility. Setting up a Chap and then tearing it down to move to another firing position was a pain in the arse. So to be clear Chaps did not fire on the move. Aven…

• Balancing Statement

DevinMacGregor - - News and Updates

Quote from War-spite: “That all said, I have to say, as an air mobile addict, I never even thought to use the add target during that 30 second load up time to add extra provinces. I assumed that if i did they would walk there, and with their land speed being so slow, it was kind of pointless. I guess I missed that tactic, but i don't think i was the only one. ” LOL, I thought the same thing, that it would make them walk and YES I have had them walk before since air assaulting did not get me to t…

• Groundpounders do not go over the entire province when they capture it. It just takes them longer to get to the center of the tootsie roll pop. You get to the center and BAM instant capture for the entire province. Look at some of the Brazil territories. Those jungles are ginormous but you technically only have to travel half that distance to take the whole thing. What about the other half that you have not traveled through? In my Indonesia game the Forbidden Zone in Australia is only a few prov…

• My point is not that they are weak attk wise but that they tie you up in combat. Each round is an hour long. It could take several hours to clear that. I have come across in all my games stacks of a dozen or so planes. I knock out the airbase but then I am fighting the trucks on the ground for hours afterwards. Really? I have a division of Air Cav land into a hot LZ of Moto and in one round they are gone. As in as I am landing. They fight and most the time the OpFor is defeated outright or with …

• Quote from Cyclone46: “Quote from Germanico: “You can use Air Mobile Units just like before to attack for example incoming units or whatever. Simply order them in and out. The disembarking can be cancelled and you can fly out again. The only thing you can then not do is conquer the territory instantaneously. ” I mostly used them to claim territory once the main battles were decided.They mop up the mess left behind and do it in short order. They make things like rogue pops, fighting AI, and gathe…

• Transport times

I wish I had been stationed in Germany. I got stateside and then they change the tour lengths on me. States and Germany were 3 years so in order for me to go to Germany I would have to enlist for 2 more years. I was already a short timer and wanted out by then. Korea was a 1 yr tour but f**k that. I do not want to be right on the DMZ. One platoon is always hot meaning in wartime positions fully loaded for a month at a time. REFORGER was 3 months long. We were in northern West Germany. Somewhere …

• Transport times

It took us a couple hours once near the plane to go through the inspections and boarding etc. Before that probably another 2 hours due to standing in line waiting to check out your M16 etc plus standing in formation etc and then waiting on the loading dock for the deuce to take to the runway which was about 20 minutes away. We were already packed, our personal gear the day before. Takes me 15-20 minutes to SSS and get dressed. Bangor was a hour layover. Something was wrong with the plane. We had…

• Transport times

When we went to REFORGER in 1987 we flew on a chartered DC9. It was a pain in the arse flight. MPs btw did check our bags with dogs for contraband. I was fully loaded crammed into a commercial jet from Ft Hood, TX to Bangor then to Amsterdam.

• Transport times

I am not saying it is not a long time but I am supposing the rationale for example of Moto that it is not just the soldiers themselves but all their equipment to include vehicles and logistics. The other thing is that one would expect the time would be dependent on the units. Such as Moto vs Mech vs MBT, etc. Disembarkation should be faster for Moto than say for MBT. What would be cool is if we could have true airborne and not just airmobile, ie drop from planes. It would probably suck because t…

• Latest Update

Well my questions was that with the new time does this mean my AM units will now face two attacks before they can do anything? The combat timer is 1 hr. As is before the update my AM would land in a hot LZs and take damage then be stuck in combat. Sometimes this meant losing a battalion on landing. Now that I have to disembark for 1 hr upon landing the question remains ... does this mean I am going to suffer two attacks before I disembark? It kind of is important question because it means changi…

• Transport times

Well it does take time to take your boots off and then back on again after running them through the scanner.

• Latest Update

Quote from tinydragon303: “@DevinMacGregor Special Forces are good infantry killers. After CMs got way nerfed I now send them ahead of my cap units to sweep the path clear of infantry. To be sure they arent going to land in a mess they cant get out of I scout ahead with aircraft. I still use CMs, but mostly only for armor. If I see a stack I need cleaned up fast I use ballistic missiles. ” I am a firm believer in Air Support. I had 5 helo wings in the 96 day game and 3 in the 46 day game. I had …

• Latest Update

I should add. As I said early my Air Cav often land into hot LZs and take damage which may mean losing a whole bn on just landing. Since a combat round is 1 hr and my disembark time is 1 hr does this mean I am going to be hit TWICE before I get to do anything? Once on landing and then within the hour?

• Latest Update

Well it is what it is I guess. 1 hr seems really long. I use a lot of Air Cav but they are fill in the gaps. I use them both offensively and defensively as once I used them to halt an over stack of tanks. My Air Cav have big balls. So I guess this new time might take them the extra time to load their balls but anyway it stopped the tanks and this allowed my Strike to blow them to .... I usually max out my Air Cav but as I said I actually have far more moto on the board who move to capture cities…

• Well from a US Army background inf is the backbone. 96 day game I used a lot of them and put them in their own homogeneous units after researching mech. Initially they were with my tanks div and then replaced by mechs. 3 MBT + 2 Mech. Moto was 5 bn. I have not ran recon vehicles because UAVs came about. DIVAD has been relegated to being their own separate units. Both inf were maxed out by game end and IDs were the prime for capturing cities. I had 5 div of AM and 2 div of Marines. Both 5 bn each…

• Game etiquette

This is what happened to the last guy who tried to infer with me finishing the game. forum.conflictnations.com/inde…70c778708c777fb876fb0006b Just sayin'