Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Search

Life is Good - - Suggestions

Yes search please! Related to finding a game you want: Also add options to turn on game notifications for new games starting meeting your criteria. When you are not looking for games, you can turn it off. 99% of the time I am looking for a specific map 4x and cant find it or it is 75% plus full, I refresh for awhile, and then give up. My discord used to bot post when new games came up, but someone was warned it probably runs afoul with TOS so its not functional anymore. If you wont notify, allow…

• Thanks Boh*, yeah don't. We have not made any progress from this post and cant put a team together for any purpose at this point. If you know other alliances with any reason at all to join them, please post them. I wont be doing any recruiting for all out gamers on the forum and probably not within games either until I see this game develop better team mechanics.

• Spies

Life is Good - - Questions & Answers

spies are costly and even with a large country, money production is limited. If the market worked better and you could convert resources to cash more efficiently, then I would say there would be more opportunity for spies. I have used them with great success on a far away enemy that I needed to see if an IBCM would reach safely, but I have not tried military sabotage for fear of alerting the enemy and loosing my investment to counter spies. In Call of War, I always used to set 5-15 spies on an e…

• Morale

Quote from Cyclone46: “Edit: Another big problem that the fuel shortage has exposed is that we can not destroy field bases and airstrips. Without being able to destroy these, the daily upkeep is not manageable. You can not conquer a Province with one. If you do, you are in trouble. ” This is a different topic, but I was going to say this. I have taken over just 3 AI countries and have 8 of these now useless outposts/airstrips. They are expensive to maintain and should be temporary structures. Pe…

• Morale

I am sorry in advance if this looks like more complaining and others have a love for realism that perpetuates hundreds of countries in modern society in sacrifice of playability that I don't fully appreciate. This description of two scenarios is to give examples of what the morale recharge is doing in these cases. I have voiced my concerns on another thread and those concerns still stand, despite the mechanics of morale working as intended. Even In a game where I had one war going, nearby my hom…

• Allies getting bad :(

Life is Good - - General Discussion

Quote from B-17: “Quote from War-spite: “ ” And now contributing to this discussion: I understand both points of view. We all hate it when our 'ally' backstabs us, but also when our 'ally' gives information about our forces to an enemy, which is also a form of backstabbing. I think a viable solution is that allies cannot have a military pact with one of our enemies (for example, if we're taking over, say, Brazil, and our ally, Mexico, has a pact with Brazil, and supplies Brazil with information …

• I took someones capital while they had just taken over three cities and a good chunk of them were already in the mid 30s-40 morale, but many were 25-30 morale. After I took his capital, a dozen or more of them were 10-15%. He had troops stationed in the ones that still had risk, so he was fighting as they revolted. After 3 days, some of these cities are in the teens still and I feel bad because his losses to rouges are up over 30,000. For the cities that revolted on the first day, there are alre…

• Anti-ship missiles

Timers alone wont help, unless I misunderstand what taking the anti air timer away means. I just today had a stack of frigates against an enemy shore and they were protecting some infantry marching inland to the enemies capital. He was decimating my troops with strike fighters on patrol within the range of my air defense. My frigates were presumably firing every hour and killing a couple strike fighters (I was away). One of my infantry made it with about 4 hps and I killed the last of his strike…

• This may be a bad time to start an alliance as it has been my experience that the amount of play in these types of game wanes in summer. That said, I will try to gather who ever wants to begin to get to know each other and possibly play public games with while we build enough to field a team that can show up to a match. This alliance had 20 players, half totally inactive, and has never gave hint of playing any matches or developing as an alliance besides just joining. A randomly appointed modera…

• Thanks Cycle0. You are right in a way. It takes the right people to make a good team and fun team. showing up, communicating, and finishing out a game are what we would need from a player at the basic level. Showing a few games and stats to show they played them out is probably all that's needed to show commitment, and I did not say they have to be good stats. A good alliance cannot be made overnight by soliciting in the game and help chat to get the first 20 players that show up. We will defini…

• Anti-ship missiles

In risk of condescending backlash, I support Eternus in that something should be done to combat the fact that quantity and launch timing can not overcome even a modicum of missile defense. Perhaps allowing missiles to be launched in quantity would allow some missiles to get through or with some effect. If 5 strike fighters or DDs have 5/5 available, let them launce all 5 at once and combine the strength and HPs. But also along with this change, I think units should not have an efficiency penalty…

• I am trying to bring All out Gamers into a fully functional active alliance vs alliance playing alliance. Get in at the ground floor for our first Internal and AvA matches. Looking to fill the ranks with active players that are perpetual students of the game, willing to share advice and experience, and can commit to giving it their all during matches for the good of the alliance. Demonstrated commitment to the game, substantial stats and having played multiple games must be shown and will be con…

• The fixed victory points thing didn't really take. My 45 player game was saying 1600ish points, now it says "Victory points required for victory: 3750 (0%)"

• PVP trading

Quote from Germanico: “We will bring back some of these features in the future, but not city/province swapping. Sorry - but in the 21st century Quebec just doesn't want to become French again. Nope. First thing that happened way to often (and you just need 1 swap a game per player for this) is that said country gifted it's rare resource city to it's best ally. No more of this BS please. //G ” Great news that some trading PVP features will return. Thank you. Here is an Idea: Don't enable the stan…

• Suggestion- You need more non-electronics units than just regular infantry. Didn't gunships, corvettes and tank destroyers used to not cost electronics? non of these are my favorite but I used them early game to account for low electronics production. A western doctrine country with only one electronics home city such as Peru has a very hard time, especially with the low liquidity in the market. this may sound like I am searching for something to complain about after you just fixed the fuel prob…

• PVP trading

There are a lot of good reasons for trading that is not cheating and I do want it "so bad". I have never had multiple account and never teamed up with anyone who has. Teamwork reasons: 1) Because each ally has different resource production capabilities, one might need electronic or rare mats while one has extra. For the benefit of the alliance, I would give the ally the needed resources to get the build or mobilization started knowing that it will pay off and he would be more willing to return t…

• PVP trading

First, I love the mechanics and units of this game in terms of how they fight. Please bring back unit, resource, cash and territory trading PVP. The lack of teamwork is killing this game and leading to even more inactive because we can not invest in building trust and dependence on one another.

• Battle Tactics

I lean toward B-17s doctrine. My favorite is Airborne infantry supported by strike fighters. Strategically, the areas where I am really careful about reducing city buildings/population is when the city has a lev 2 or higher airport, I need the specific resource that the city is producing, or I am trying to gather points towards the end of the game. Also, I often need the resources because I run lean and attempt to use the market to run even leaner on supplies and get production higher. I have le…

• On the bridge point: You could drive infantry or armor from UK to France in the channel tunnel as long as you controlled or had ROW to both sides of the tunnel and clear access across the channel (no enemy naval units between). No need to build it, it already exists. It would not be a viable means to attack though because the opposing side would simply destroy you in the tunnel or destroy the tunnel with you in it. Other areas with existing commercial high volume public vehicle ferries, or multi…

• Questions

I am having a hard time understanding population growth. I have a map where both of my core supplies cities are stuck at 5.0 since the beginning, are high 95%+ happiness, and one has a lev 3 hospital in it. I am also building military production, but with no population growth, goods production is a major limiting factor. I realize I need to take into account the military doctrine and make the best use of what my country happens to produce, but other competitors have better production types and a…