Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold limits

Ivan Dolvich - - General Discussion

Quote from Yak: “I've had a design for commendation system drawn up now for 5 years - including indicator/icon for spoken language, rewards, role-specific commendations, rep deterioration due to inactivity ” Good ideas, especially the last one. Players inactivity is a major problem I think, and it would really help to, let's say, determine if your potential ally is going to actually play or leave you alone in the game in the middle of war... Please introduce this!

• Time to say goodbye

Ivan Dolvich - - General Discussion

Really sad to hear that

• No Free Field Upgrades

Ivan Dolvich - - Suggestions

I’m pretty sure chances to introduce this in game are close to zero, although I think it’s a quite interesting idea. Just in a less drastic way. E.g. upgrades could be done for individual units, in an any captured territory and would be required only for a tier upgrade. They shouldn’t cost too much resources, let’s say only 1/10 of production costs and 1/4 production time. Those are just ideas, don’t bite me. Also, manual upgrades are actually a thing in the Call of War sister game and, though I…

• Airmobile infantry

I like the idea to buff the Airmobile Inf. I know it's a light unit - not like a mot./mech. infantry (with all their heavier equipment and stuff on wheels/tracks), but still, airmobile defense is too low I think. It might be a good to edit your first post so everyone knows what "AM" is... I had no clue wtf that means. It's a really rare unit, so I guess it's not too recognizable acronym.

• Quote from JohnFKennedy: “(Hidden Content) Huh? I dont get what u r saying ” I belive he meant that introducing Helicopter carriers won't "fix" the problem, as it's not really relevant to point of this thread. +1

• I agree, it would be cool to tweak Airborne Inf. They have a very limited use and considering their stats - I find them not really worth producing.

• Stop Hit and run

I think it’s just really unfair, especially for inexperienced players. It’s stated in the wiki that combat refresh / ranged units’ reload time is 1 hour. Having ability to fire at enemy and avoid his fire (while being in its range), just because someone retreats in one minute, is kind of an exploit to me – it’s not how the mechanics is ‘supposed to’ work and I’m sure is confusing for many players.

• It's getting better and better...

• Thanks for the tips guys. Seems like I was using my TDS properly, just like you both described. Although, never really thought of adding SF for scouting against stealth raids. Quite interesting idea. Also, is it worth adding some ground units – like Mot. Inf. - to my TDS points of defense, as a meat shield to absorb some damage from enemy air attacks? I’m still curious about the first question. Will an enemy plane or a missile take damage instantly when in range, if it just flies over my TDS/SAM…

• I have read several topics about the TDSs, though I’m still quite not sure how they actually work. Sadly, in several games I played, I never seen one in action. Usually, I’m the only player in coalition that uses TDSs at all, sometimes someone makes a few lvl1 SAMs but nothing more… and from the other hand, the same players use all types of attack missiles pretty often. Personally, I’m a quite cautious player, so I rather put my resources to cover my territory from WMDs, before I even start thin…

• I'm not sure we are speaking about the same thing. I do understand that display refreshes itself each time you modify the queue. I can live with that. All I want is to add an option to move an item straight to the first or the last place in the queue. I guess it’s doable. And would be extremely helpful.

• I know it's an old thread, but the issue is still present. And it’s really annoying. I really like to put stuff in a queue, it's quite useful - especially in the 4x time maps - but managing one is just a nightmare. It’s not a problem if your queue has like 10 or less rows. However, usually, my Build queues have 30+ fields and to prioritize last added item, you need to literally click through all the lines. Especially that, as Algarfer said, each time you click the (move up/move down) arrow butto…

• Quote from Cyclone46: “I have never looked or cared about the models. It could be vacuum cleaners and toasters for all i care. ” This is just a blasphemy. Also, I'm not a big fan of nerfing SF, but what Doktor Faust said actually makes some sense...

• GAME UPDATE (171130)

Ivan Dolvich - - News and Updates

Quote from Germanico: “Commonly used yes, essential? no. If you want to ally yourself get a coalition going. In a way it is simply redundant and thus it was removed. ” Redundant? C'mon... What if I don't want to show everyone on map than I'm allied with someone? No secret alliances anymore? Or if I want to ally a single nation but not the whole coalition (and vice versa)? Temporary agreements (like, if you want to pass through my territory - show me your troops first)? I could ask more, but I'm …

• GAME UPDATE (171130)

Quote from Yak: “ Changes - Removed Military Pact relation from Diplomacy Options ” Quote from Germanico: “You can enter in a right of way agreement or share intelligence (later only if you are a member of the security council). Main reason we removed it was twofold: a) experienced players abused it by spamming pacts to gain massive intel benefit early in the game b) new players were made unwary targets of pacts offered with the simple reason to display all unit movements in order to make them e…

• Quote from Yak: “ - Occupied provinces produce same amount of resources as homeland provinces. ” I'm not sure if I understand it correctly. Does it mean that foreign provinces won't be having negative production modificator?

• Balancing Statement

Quote from War-spite: “That all said, I have to say, as an air mobile addict, I never even thought to use the add target during that 30 second load up time to add extra provinces. I assumed that if i did they would walk there, and with their land speed being so slow, it was kind of pointless. I guess I missed that tactic, but i don't think i was the only one. ” Wait, what? So you can use "Add target" on Airmobile inf and they stay airborne? Oh, maaan... I feel kinda silly now.

• Smart Artillery

Quote from Oceanhawk: “Quote from Ivan Dolvich: “LHD? ” Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD), essentially the NATO hull classification symbol for multipurpose amphibious assault ships. Which can carry helicopters. And support seaborne landings. ( Idea is, can use airborne infantry far away from an airbase with the LHD acting as the airbase, and can carry a few helicopters as well) ” Oh, got it, thx. Agreed, it would be a really useful addition.

• Smart Artillery

LHD?

• EUROPE 1990 UPDATE

Quote from B-17: “I have a feeling we're not talking about the same person now. Michael Wittmann died in 1944. ” And I hava a feeling that you didn't get the joke... Looks like a really cool update BTW. Can't wait to test the new map, ah, I love Cold War scenarios since Operation Flashpoint...