Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hmmm, maybe it was a stack thing... But I just tried moving 2 lvl 5 motorized infantry from Trujillo to Hong Kong, they fly to Hawai'i and then sail, same with Qingdao and Zhengzhou, though I now have an airbase in Beijing. Never uses Guam. Moving to Vientiane they actually go around the world in the opposite direction. Game is 2782213 if that helps, maybe there's a bug. Learned something new though, didn't realize ferry range increased as you upgrade units. Idk, just seems it should be possible…

• Well, I've definitely seen "WW3 simulator" in advertisements. My point is why is it faster to sail than fly, when flying should always be faster? I was wondering why it would be faster to sail all the way across the Pacific than fly direct to Guam and sail from there. My planning ahead and investing in building an airstrip and pontoon on Guam was wasted. Of course I get why you wouldn't put all these at realistic speeds, I just think they should be realistic relative to each other.

• Just wondering, my first time crossing the pacific for war, and I've noticed my troops consistently are faster sailing rather than flying. (I'm Peru attacking China). I built an airbase and pontoon on Guam to "speed up" invasion, but then the eta was faster sailing. Currently I have airbases in Hawaii and Beijing, but it's still faster for me to sail to Korea from Hawaii than fly to Beijing and drive. Just wondering why, as this seems very unrealistic. IRL you can fly direct from Honolulu to Bei…

• Planes on the Ground

AJitateD - - Questions & Answers

Does that include if they're refueling or waiting at an airfield? One of my allies tank units attacked planes at an airbase and the planes are destroying the tank.

• Planes on the Ground

Maybe I missed something, but it doesn't seem clear from unit descriptions if planes on the ground fight back against planes. Also wondering if they're treated like soft targets therefore more vulnerable to strikes, or treated like planes when grounded and more vulnerable to ASF

• Questions

Yes, but there were no news stories with the word "nuclear" in them before the first strike.

• Questions

Okay, then I'll have to put a bug report on that. Because I went back and looked and there isn't one. Probably wouldn't have attacked him if we knew he had nukes. Though he could have gold rushed 19 in 48hrs...

• A lvl 5 hospital is good, but it takes ages and/or I guess lots of gold, but I'm not flush with cash atm I could look into it though I did buy some gold on sale. A level one only provides 5%. I guess I'm just impatient lol after having the 2nd largest economy and now seeing my resource output drop by 50-75% I want my production back! I wouldn't mind having to rebuild buildings to get it back, but with the population loss my economy is so weak it's hard to build more building anyways. But it coul…

• Questions

Is there supposed to be a news story when someone develops nuclear weapons technology? I'm just wondering, because it does make a difference strategically if you know someone has ICBMs vs no one having them. I've seen it before but in a recent game the first warning was seeing the missiles in the air. Is there only a story if it's not a real life nuclear power? (the attacker here was playing as the USA)

• Re: TDS, yeah there is that problem, though it was day 15, and no nukes had been used. Honestly, I'm certain he rushed that with gold, which is of course perfectly legal and fair, but difficult to anticipate. It would have been difficult, if not impossible to have complete homeland coverage of TDS unless I had made that my top priority from the beginning. I've not seen much ICBM use, so it's not always a top priority. Maybe I'll change tact in future. Also would love to see intel reports from th…

• I think it would be fun if there was something to boost population growth specifically/more. I Just got nuked by a vengeful nation my coalition had almost wiped out and the hit to the economy of 4 of my 7 homeland cities going from population of 6 or 7 to 1 is pretty devastating long-term. With a little research I found hospitals provide a small growth boost. But I think it would be fun if there was some way to make it quicker. Just a thought. Guess now I know why to build bunkers, though isn't …

• Hm, I guess public games really are different because I haven't seen many players, even ones with lots of experience, using much radar or artillery. I do like them, maybe it's faster paced/more aggressive in public? Plus with radar/AWACs you have no idea what you're seeing. I have built some and they are useful, but you don't know if it's one national guard unit or a well mixed 10 stack. I'm guessing those are more of a late game investment? Feel free to ignore as this is well off the original t…

• True, but why/why not? Both of those seem like useful options I'd love to be able to waypoint my planes, keep them moving while I'm offline

• Just wondering why you can't target something out of range when launching a cruise missile from planes. I haven't used a lot of different platforms, but a BM launcher on the ground will move into range to attack a target, but a plane/plane stack you have to move them into range manually and then fire the missile. Is that intentional?

• Oh, and my other question is what about annexation? is that typically considered to be a good investment? And I'm thinking it's probably more of a mid-game thing? Like 2-3 weeks in?

• Well, not 16hrs straight I don't think, though I may not be able to check in the AM before work. But I can't help but be off for maybe up to 10hrs with work and commute, and it's working in a hospital so I can't just sneak time at the computer on here. That is the tricky thing with this game, it's slow when you're on, but if you're off for a normal long period like sleep or work you can get totally devastated. It's tricky. Ideally you'd need to be able to get on like every 2hrs or so to be

• Thanks! With the Naval AWACs are you saying have a squad of ASWs to attack or a fleet or just whatever you have? And if they show up on the AWACs, if that happens to be when I'm offline for say 8hrs for work or sleep, will I know they are coming?

• Any tips on how to defend the coastal cities? That was my coalition's downfall in a recent game, well, there was also a lot of gold spent by the winning coalition, but the massive fleets appearing on our shores with no warning was a huge problem. The options I can think of are 1) building a big navy of your own, with frigate/destroyer/cruiser stacked 2) a lot of attack subs 3) artillery and radar in coastal towns 4) NPAs and ASWs. I assume there's no perfect one-size-fits-all, but is there a gen…

• Doctrines

I was just about to ask this same question. Any sort of way to make it easier than click on every item of the research tree and every unit in all 3 doctrines to see which ones have different stats and research costs, would be really helpful. It would make it easier for new players to get up to speed on strategy, but maybe this way rewards repeated playing and that's the idea? You lose some games because you don't know what units to build but if you get through 2 or 3 games with each doctrine you…

• Persistence of intel- when you radar ping or see a unit that intel stays on your map. It's a shame that you have to screenshot to keep track. Obviously, it shouldn't update if the unit moves or gets reinforcement or anything, but it'd be cool and make sense realistically. If a unit reports a radar ping (which IRL I think would show trajectory?) or sees a unit pass that intel should stay. Also, what are thoughts on say extending visible area of the ocean? If you control a land territory you can s…