Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I still find uses for both airstrips and airports. In a province that you build an airstrip in you can only build lvl 3 hospitals for only 3 hp a day. In an occupied city you can build lvl 5 giving you 6 hp a day. This is still viable and makes building airports more attractive but it depends on the situation. In vast lands with cities very far apart (Russia, China, Brazil) using airstrips in provinces may be the best idea to bridge the gap. But especially for air support healing i will always c…

• Opening Strategies

AquariusRisin85 - - General Discussion

@DTBama if its a captured city I believe building a recruiting office is a waste. There is no added benefit besides a small morale boost. A hospital will give you a morale boost AND heal your troops that are in need of being rotated. And i wouldn't build one in every city, as you would obviously eat through your resources unnecessarily. Mostly i try to leave a hospital up in a city I'm capturing so that all i have to do is "repair" it, thus not even spending the full amount of resources required…

• Attack timing

AquariusRisin85 - - Questions & Answers

If it joined the same unit that already attacked i believe it has to wait the same amount of time since it was "absorbed" into the already attacking unit. If it were, say, a towed or mobile artillery that can attack the same enemy from a distance, then it would have a different attack timer since it would stay a separate unit altogether.

• Doctrines

If you research AA and SAMs far enough they are air assault capable. Very easy to move after that

• Opening Strategies

NatG is great for defending cities, especially if you have them in one with bunkers. NatG and Marines have the highest defense mod in cities (50%). While NatG are technically weaker they are cheap and deploy MUCH faster (8 hours as opposed to motor infantry's 18) and have a higher defense mod in cities than motorized infantry. I only use them at the start of the game and deploy more when i need a quick meat shield. I generally research 2 other types (airborne and SpecOps is a good combo, as is M…

• iinsurgencies

Also remember that in a newly conquered city with a morale of 25% can have a 0% insurgency chance. The deciding factor is your unit stack's DEF RATING that is currently occupying the city. Right now in a game of Flashpoint, I am Russia and have just conquered Grodno from the Baltic States. Its current morale is 25%, BUT, I have 2 tanks and mech. inf., and 4 NatG, all of which are lvl 2 or higher. The unit stacks DEF is 42. That is considerably high and when insurgencies pop up it is usually only…

• Conquering islands

Right, they trade the ability to conquer with air assault and stealth.

• I was actually just noticing a hospital of mine in an occupied city at 24% that is giving the 1 hp healing benefit already (a total of 2 hp per day). I do know it takes much longer for the airstrips to be available for use but can be used before 100% completion.

• I am actually curious about something. I use Nat'l guard a lot and it says they have a 50% defense mod in cities and suburbs. Is that calculated separately from the entrenchment bonus? If i have a unit in a city and hover over the tooltip it says 25%. But if i build a lvl 1 outpost and put a unit there it changes to 45% (i think).

• Opening Strategies

My working early game strategy is to immediately research Nat'l Guard (if not provided for you) and either the main infantry type i will be using (usually whats available on the first day due to the doctrine of your country) or CRV/AA/Tank depending on my countries location (coast guard if your sea bound). Then i build army bases in most, if not all of my cities. Then recruiting offices. Not only do the offices boost morale and production, but they decrease mobilization time for units (and are o…

• Conquering islands

Also if you have special forces, they have and upgrade (lvl 4, i believe) that also allows them to dock without a harbor the same way marines and amphibious fighting vehicles can.

• I believe the airports/airfields are operational at around 66%-75%. Basically if you notice the progress bar it changes color as construction progresses. It starts at yellow and i believe when it turns blue it becomes operational and/or the benefits become available while it is technically still under construction. Hope that helps.

• How much experience are you looking for? I'm definitely active...my rank is almost 25 XD