Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 741.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• (In response to people's disregard for Doctrine) : [shrug] Play how you like. Do what works for you and what you enjoy. If you feel like it "doesn't make a difference" in your 60-Day game, then feel free to ignore it. Personally, I can't remember the last time I played a game that saw Day 40 and that wasn't essentially decided by Day 25. Western Doctrine Motor Infantry (most widely used unit) doesn't get the Level 6 upgrade until Day 24 and doesn't get the Level 7 upgrade until Day 28, both four…

• Lol, I'm not sure why people are so reluctant to consider Doctrine. I mean, I consider terrain bonuses when I build/use different types of units, why would I not consider Doctrine bonuses? 25% more damagd from towed artillery in the mountains (for everyone, because it's terrain), so I try to put them there. 20% more damage vs armored for Attack Helos under Western. 25% more damage versus Infantry (plus a small speed bonus) for Mechanized Infantry under European. 20% more damage for SAMs against …

• Right, European Doctrine specializes in Strike Fighters. Actually, Buck, New Zealand (with which you won) is European Doctrine, so you got the Strike Fighter bonus that game. Motor Infantry develop faster under Eastern Doctrine. Okay, so here's a quick (non-comprehensive) run down of the core Doctrine-linked units. For a full list and all the details, just look up the Wiki entry. Western: Naval Infantry, Airborne Infantry, Armed Fighting Vehicles, Air Superiority Fighters, Attack Helos, Heavy Bo…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “I would also assume you would not annex a city this early in the game and part of the topic was defending annexed cities with a corv Also a a 'spite invasion' is one of these not really serious things ” You're correct that I would not annex a city that early and defend it with a corvette. However, that's not quite what the original poster was saying they do either. They said they use corvettes to defend some occupied cities, which I explained I sometimes do too. The original…

• I'm a big, BIG subscriber to Doctrines, and I don't think one is definitively better than another. They each have different playstyles or minor weaknesses. I would definitely never tell someone, "Don't do what you feel comfortable doing; play this particular Doctrine instead." I'd say start with how you want to play and then see if there's an interesting country with a Doctrine that matches your style. How much does it affect you if you play units outside of your Doctrine? Well, the objective an…

• Quote from Kalrakh: “Any serious attacker will not be stopped by a lowly corv anyway ” I think the game Day matters. I'm not relying on single Corvettes to defend my homeland on Day 10+ or anything. But on Day 3 or 4? Sure. Some people may try to invade without ships or without more than one warship that early in the game. Also, there are "non-serious attackers" from time to time. I cannot possibly count the number of times some doofus with hurt feelings sent a big tranport stack across an ocean…

• Quote from LastLiving: “Looking through this forum, in pictures of games, I have never seen someone trying to defend occupied naval cities, and instead just leaving it to invasion. However, I usually just get corvettes and put them in occupied naval cities to defend. When I annex a naval city, I treat it like homeland and use stronger naval units to defend, which is another thing. I don't see anyone leaving ships in cities, but spreading them around the ocean. What if someone attacks you, and ea…

• Wow. Look at you folks go! Honestly, I agree that there's no great or comprehensive guide to every aspect and mechanic of the game. In fact, a lot of information about the game can be downright tough to find, if you can find it at all. I'm not sure that it's the end of the world, though, @shrek6satan. There's nothing wrong with finding some things out on your own. Have you ever played a brand new game for which YouTube tutorials and written beginner's guides and even Forums usch as this either d…

• Quote from guacanagarix: “I thank you for your answers but what I really want to know is if there is a unit that can reveal them ? ” Yeah, so, what you need are units that reveal stealth aircraft. As Buck said, high enough level Frigates and AWACS both reveal stealth aircraft and pick up Helo radar signatures. A high enough level Mobile Radar reveals steath aircraft but does not pick up helo radar signatures.

• Quote from playbabe: “huh as far as i aware, all game have same start ress. ” Nope. Turns out they do not. 1x games appear to start with more resource production. HOWEVER, they MAY start with the same amount of available resources in stock.

• Quote from Buckeyechamp: “Is it same map/game besides speed? Isnt that Ethiopia? Which btw Ethiopia a good country on mideast map; never have played on WW3 map. Playing same country on two maps at same time may be interesting /confusing keeping things straight. ” Yes, it is WWIII 1x and WWIII 4x. And yes, it is Ethiopia. I was already playing the Saudi game when I started thinking about this, so I joined two new games to compare those two game (not the Saudi game, which I had already altered). Y…

• Quote from shrek6satan: “See that's the thing: in almost all responses people say to not ally with the US. If a nation only has one option to make it fun, well, it isn't fun. If there was some islands closer to canada than the UK who were playable nations that would be more interesting. Needless to say geography wasn't keen to canada, at least in terms of gameplay aspects. The other thing is, attacking other nations an ocean apart earlier in the game not only it's difficult but also extremely sl…

• Australia’s capital

PerigeeNil - - General Discussion

Quote from Dealer of Death: “To anyone playing Australia correctly, the capital IS Alice Springs. ” True story.

• So, I just started playing 1x again for the first time since I was brand new to the game (years ago), and I thought I noticed something that I kind of barely remembered wondering about before: 1x countries seem to start out with better resource production. I started that 1x game as Saudi Arabia like I said I was going to, and when I looked at the reseach production, I was like, "This isn't as bad as I seem to remember it being (in 4x)." So I decided to do a little experiment. Below you'll see sc…

• Quote from Tifo_14: “Well I don't play Canada that much either, but from the ~2 times I played Canada and did NOT ally with US, it was really exciting. ” Tifo got it right, and Teburu implied the same thing: Don't ally with the US. That's how you make Canada more exciting/interesting. Fight the U.S. from Day 1. Then, when you're finished, you'll be a lot closer to Central America and the Caribbean. When you're done with those, you've got South America. By the time you take all of those, the rest…

• Thanks for taking the time to write this. This is a good example of a unit that too many people ignore because they're convinced there are only like five useful/worthwhile units in the game.

• Quote from Tom_Cruise: “RoW - doesn't work. Just literally tested it from a RoW airbase and the air assault option was greyed out. ” Good to know. Sorry I guessed incorrectly on this.

• Quote from KFGauss: “and in the sense of being incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading to the point of being simply wrong. If you want the more diplomatic version, @PerigeeNil might be the person to ping. ” Lol, right! That's actually why I complain about people saying things certain ways on the Forums all the time. Some new players come to these Forums to find reliable information and advice on playing the game. So, when I see trends of people posting things that might give new players a false i…

• Does anyone else get weird about starting a game with a late game clock? I wanted to start a 1x game of WWIII this evening (for me). However, a whole big bunch of 1x WWIII games spawned just before the previous day ended, and I don't like starting a new game at 2200 on Day 1 or on Day 2. I don't care if there are only two other people on that map so far, I don't like starting with that late game clock. LIke, we're past 0300 on the 1x game clock now, and it's getting fairly late where I live, so …

• Quote from Anna Jija: “ but what would be the backside of resource trading? ” As folks have mentioned above: For one thing, it can be (and has been) abused to artificially inflate the resources of individual countries. I don't know if I can explain exactly how, because I got in trouble for explaining how people cheat before, but basically it would involve multiple countries contributing solely to the success of just one country. The other major element is balance. Limiting resource production/ac…