Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I shall reiterate my opinion: I don't think there's a skill difference. I still plan a day or two ahead on the 1x speed maps. I just don't do 4x maps because I can't be ACTIVE enough to do much. Activity matters a lot here, more than skill, as someone (too lazy to quote) said.

• I am getting real sick and tired of watching Zombies take over the map. I've yet to see a single human coalition win the game. People just can't seem to understand that flinging everything you have at a player and then LEAVING THE CITY OPEN causes zombies. Zombies are stronger, faster, and more abundant than regular insurgents, making them an absolute nightmare to fight. They're considered HARD targets, therefore INFANTRY WILL NOT WORK! At least, not alone. Yet, every match, I see random players…

• Gag idea: Micronations!

JesterTheBaka - - Suggestions

Quote from Teburu: “Just play overkill? ” 1. I haven't seen an overkill map in literal ages. 2. AI nations are not micronations.

• Gag idea: Micronations!

JesterTheBaka - - Suggestions

Alright, alright, it's kinda dumb, but it'd be pretty funny. Think about it: somebody hops on Conflict of Nations on April 1st and... wait, where the hell is Zaquistan??? It'd be kinda funny to see 1-province countries smack in the middle of other countries, just takin' up space. Rarely with resources, no military, no econ, no diplomacy, etc... ...I dunno. Am I alone in thinking that'd be kinda funny and/or cool?

• I mean, just in my experience, I'm lucky if I can log in once per day. I don't really have the time to join 4x matches, so I just... don't. 1x is my main speed, and it's working just fine for me. I'm currently playing as Iraq, and currently my coalition is only 1000 points (or so) to victory. (Allies are Iran, Myanmar, Chile and Japan). I generally hate 4x because every time I log in, I've been completely and utterly wiped off the map just because I was incapable of logging in.

• Quote from Stratieon: “Wow... Great comprehensive beginners guide overall, a lot of good stuff here. Here are my modifications to the recommendations: 2. Manage your resources. "It is very easy to deplete your resources early in the game." True, it is important to factor production in order to maximize efficacy. However, immediate annexation is not always prudent due to the amount of resources required across the board; sometimes, this can critically hamper mobilization, as it takes about ten da…

• Conflict of Nations: WWIII can be a bit of a daunting game for new players. There's a lot of depth, a lot to do, and not a lot of time to learn. The game itself doesn't offer a ton in the ways of tutorials, and while the forums can and do help with that, I just wanted to take a moment to share 10 tips that have carried me through a lot of maps. These are simple, blunt, and effective tips, and while they might not work for everyone, it's a good framework to build your own strategy off of. I may u…

• Quote from MartijnTNL: “Quote from JesterTheBaka: “I was playing the 64 world at war map when I noticed that Laos just... isn't there. Vietnam is unusually big, almost as if Laos was swallowed whole by the small, mostly Communist nation. Seriously though, why isn't Laos in the map? Even if it was no different than having Cambodia in the map (which is SMALLER for the record), there's still the fact that it exists. Maybe make it so that Vietnam is a 5 city nation with Laos playable as well. It wor…

• I was playing the 64 world at war map when I noticed that Laos just... isn't there. Vietnam is unusually big, almost as if Laos was swallowed whole by the small, mostly Communist nation. Seriously though, why isn't Laos in the map? Even if it was no different than having Cambodia in the map (which is SMALLER for the record), there's still the fact that it exists. Maybe make it so that Vietnam is a 5 city nation with Laos playable as well. It worked just fine in the Rising Tides map, it would be …

• How to Use a UAV

JesterTheBaka - - General Discussion

The UAV is an underrated asset in Conflict of Nations. I'm not going to say that it's a flawless unit - it isn't. Helicopters are more useful than drones, and I'm really stretching their usefulness with that statement. That being said, UAVs do have uses, but I see people using them wrong all the time. Therefore, I thought it only fitting to make a simple guide of do's and don't's to help out the less wise players. So... when should you use a drone? Surveillance - Drones don't start wars when pat…

• I'm not new to Conflict of Nations, but I am very new to this forum. I have a guide I want to make, but I'm not quite sure where to put it. I didn't see a "community created guides" section like on the Call of War 1942 forum, so I was just wondering where a good place to put a guide would be. Any ideas?