Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 600.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm using single-infantries embarked in transports as defence for my coastal cities, so I want to check if it is still viable.

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Kalrakh: “As Opublon pointed, it is not only a noob tactic, but also a noob killer tactic. If you think, winning a public map means, that you are a competent player, that is your issue same if you feel insulted by my opinion. ” Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly by apparently completely not understanding it.I did not write that winning a public game makes anyone competent. So... Your reply was a swing and a miss. Would you l…

• Quote from Opulon: “It's just that where i see them as a light cavalry to hit routing troops or isolated reinforcements, 90% of users use them like a line of gothic knight. "DEAAAATTTHHH" ” It all depends on the context; if you have enough Strikes against a sufficiently dispersed force, they excel at being light cav. If you are facing a full army concentrated in one space, then you use artillery to attrition them and eliminate their AA capability, then send in strikes before/while you attack fro…

• 8 days into my Battleground USA game, none of the island nations have made any navy.... Well, I guess it's time to go for a solo win!

• After getting about 10 days into my simultaneous first three games back in CoN, I will have to agree that it's pretty much the same as normal. What is perhaps the only major difference is that players now go inactive for a while at the start and are then replaced, but most people who do the latter seem to have a good grasp of the game, and WW3 maps usually have at least one competent coalition and sometimes even one group of skilled players per continent. Arguably, the overall skill level for pl…

• Nothing at all

Stratieon - - General Discussion

Quote from Opulon: “Ah yes, the NG recovering health after eliminating a group. Basically a genetic legacy from Supremacy1914, where HPs was called "morale" and changed from day to day and with events like that. I don't know if it's working as designed. Will ask the devs. If they decide it's a bug exploit, i could nearly consider you are trying to hide informations from the devs regarding something odd to the game, and disable your accounts. Don't play with that please ” This is interesting; tha…

• I have a similar question in this vein; I'm playing a 4X as Namibia and am under simultaneous attack from South Africa and Angola. I will be able to beat off South Africa and possibly capture their capital of Cape Town with a sneaky rear assault from the sea, but I'm not sure if that will remove their fighter that is on patrol above my capital.

• Quote from Opulon: “It's a solution that has been proposed several times but Dorado worries about segregating parts of the community. They have somes solutions in development, though, it seems ” Ah; ok. Speaking of your other point, I feel I’ve hit peak necessary skill in the desolate lobbies, which can be mowed down with a competent ally. I would almost like to do alliance games, but I’m so busy now with a unique job schedule that PRTS isn’t the best thing. Is there a more fast-paced shorter ti…

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from Stratieon: “Okay, I've done the calculations and I have a solution. ASF + SF + AFV + MAAV + SAM, then NPA + Marines ” Meh on Marines, they've been pretty much castrated since every island now has a port ” Castrated from the island capture niche, but they can still attack from unique avenues, non-harbor coastal beaches, and act as urban shock troopers!

• Quote from Pyth0n: “Quote from Opulon: “Pre mobile or Post mobile, Public games have always have been so easy to win ... I don't even understand how on the long term one may remain commited to victories when they have so little value. Sure, if it was hard to win, to the point that a experienced competitive player would be able to brag "I win 10% of my games", i would understand and share the willingness to play for the win. But when, with a hand in my jeans, half asleep, watching a stream and do…

• Nothing at all

Stratieon - - General Discussion

Nothing to see here

• Okay, I've done the calculations and I have a solution. ASF + SF + AFV + MAAV + SAM, then NPA + Marines

• Quote from Teburu: “Quote from Stratieon: “So, I'm currently playing a Saudi Arabia WW3 round toward the end of in-game Day 3. I have Mot Inf, NG, ASF, and CRV production up and running, and corvettes will be out soon. However, I'm still contemplating whether I should research AFVs or MBTs. I intend to go southwest along Eastern Africa once I secure the Middle East and the MBT HP is looking great, but my instinct is to go with AFVs because of better versatility and air defense. What do you all r…

• Also, which artillery should I use? During my last stint on CoN, I didn't make much use of it, but I'm looking to try that this time, particularly as a counter to potential engagements with MBTs where they have an advantage. More generally, and this might be best in another thread, but what is the current meta and your best recommended method of defeating tanks?

• So, I'm currently playing a Saudi Arabia WW3 round toward the end of in-game Day 3. I have Mot Inf, NG, ASF, and CRV production up and running, and corvettes will be out soon. However, I'm still contemplating whether I should research AFVs or MBTs. I intend to go southwest along Eastern Africa once I secure the Middle East and the MBT HP is looking great, but my instinct is to go with AFVs because of better versatility and air defense. What do you all recommend? Also, based on that, should I use…

• Quote from Teburu: “Quote from Stratieon: “the window of opportunity for rogue appearance is only at midnight, providing the player with a significant advantage against them. ” no longer the case; its not completely random once per day ” Ah; interesting! Thanks for the update; I shall keep that in mind during my Saudi Arabia round then.

• Hello; this is my first post back since my tour de force magnum opus hiatus, so I'll give you my perspective from my last three best games then. As the other posters have explained, the window of opportunity for rogue appearance is only at midnight, providing the player with a significant advantage against them. There are two options from here. One can either use units to hold it, or abandon the city and come back to it, with timing providing additional strategic variation within these choices. …

• Quote from Kalrakh: “There is a simple solution to help your naval units see other naval units (except subs) in advance: AWAC Do you wish to give Spec Forces a passive radar too? It is kind of the point of those unit, that they are strong but risky to play. Giving them a passive radar would make it quite impossible to ever find them. ” Combined arms is indeed an essential element of the strategic approach to modern warfare. Each unit is unique, so supplement them with force multipliers. Spec Ops…

• Quote from Teburu: “capturing stuff is usually faster than waiting for pop growth ” Yep; I just expand with frightening rapidity. It tends to put me in a better position to intimidate my enemies.

• Quote from ThePanda: “Quote from Teburu: “If you manage to gain that many VP and the other members don't who has been carrying who? ” Let me rephrase: That doesn't tell you though how many of those wins were achieved under the relative safety of a coalition. Ultimately, I'm not suggesting this as some sort of punishment, rather as a starting point to make diplomacy more interesting altogether. Right now there just doesn't seem to be any risk attached to breaking treaties. Kinda boring. With some…