Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 338.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stealth units I find fun to play. Yes you can tell me how they are not significantly more effective than the much cheaper normal versions, but i like to spy on territory before i attack it. But it always seem that by the time I am able to research the stealth strike fighter, tier 3 drone ( i like them ok!), subs, cm's to make subs useful, and a decent level specfor, i end up with only a few days left in the game. It isn't that I don't have the resources. By late game i have plenty, my economy is…

• Just my two cents. JCS, the reason why, as i understand it, that they have limited custom game creation to sec council members is there was previously a high proliferation of maps with very low user populations in the games, so system resources we being used to keep each map going, and there were countless of these maps. Server resources cost money, and so, it was essentially made a perk of being a paid member. If you and your friends want to play a private game as it were, perhaps you could poo…

• I noticed when I conquered cities in the 1990 today, that it know longer shows getting any resources. Do we still get them and it doesn't tell us, or do we not get them anymore?

• Quote from sublimagic: “I am sorry but where above do I threaten to leave if I don't get my own way like a child? I was just pointing out it is now harder to select the nation you want now than before, and I cant sit there for hours trying to find a game with the slot open, so could leave if I dont get on a map when my current game ends. I am sorry if the way I put it made a few snowflakes melt. Thanks G for the reply that would be a great solution and something I would put my hand into my pocke…

• Quote from Opulon: “... I remain on a modified version of my idea : 2 insurgents spawned per revolt instead of one. insurgents stats reduced by 25% Reduction to 0% revolt chance in provinces Base revolt chance in city reduced by 25%. You'll notice that my proposal to reduce rogue state is... well, buffing them a bit, while refocusing them. Alternatives can be great ” In general i like your proposal, tbh, i would have to playtest to really see how it would work out. But I have a few tweaks to off…

• Quote from JFoulke: “Quote from RasczakRough: “AWACS: E-2C Hawkeye -> EL/M-2075 Phalcon -> IAI EL/W 2085 Eitam ” here there would be an image that i tried to do for the 2085 to use on the research page in gameforum.conflictnations.com/inde…e5309c1980f80c298dcc8c76f Quote from War-spite: “Check me if i am wrong, but Israel is not a playable country right? And does anyone use Israeli tech outside of Israel? I am not criticizing the tech or your vision of it, but it just seems even less relevant th…

• Ok it used to be insurgents were a nuisance unit. not great stats, and you could take them out with most anything but a guard unit. Not any more.forum.conflictnations.com/inde…e5309c1980f80c298dcc8c76f They have just evil stats. You are never defending against their attack. you are always the attacker. They get a 25% city bonus, a 25% entrenchment bonus, and an infantry def of 6 and armor of 4.5???? This is WAY to strong for a unit that is supposed to be some local rabble. This is a tier 2 unit.…

• So well said Opulon. I might add to that though, just to say that yes as a player, ok fine.. addict, i have opinions on the games hits and misses. But in the end I am one player, that has been playing this game for .. maybe 18 months? G alone has about 20 years as a game developer. He has insight into game mechanics that I am not able to see. And it is HIS game. Overall my trust has never been misplaced. When they have screwed up, they realize it and fix it. And sometimes as a community we get t…

• General game question

War-spite - - Questions & Answers

Quote from Liqter: “Quote from Opulon: “In CoN, if we take as a reference the technological tree for time evolution, we can say that one IG day roughly means one year IRL. With that in mind, a 36 hour "real time" mission would mean in game an estimated fuel capacity of five minutes. i think that... for the sake of gameplay and mental sanity of players, "realism" will be put behind "gameplay". If planes have a "Fuel time" of, let's say, 6-7 hours in real time, it will already be good enough to fo…

• @sublimagic, i too would love to have greater ability to get the country I want, but just a piece of forum etiquette, saying "if you don't do what i want i'm leaving the game" is kind of childish and will never get anywhere. I commend @Germanico for his very polite and professional response. I would not have been so charitable. Every player at one point or another will find something that frustrates them, I have had more than my share of rants and whines on here, and lucky for me, a quick messag…

• General game question

War-spite - - Questions & Answers

Quote from Liqter: “Quote from Germanico: “Actually we will eventually have flight times for air units, forcing them to RTB even on patrol. This perma-patrol is a legacy and not fair or realistic. ” My dad was a crew chief , he flew on an RC-121 during the cold war , some of these missions were more than 36 hours flight time , prior to air to air refueling.With air to air refueling that all us fighters and ground strike plane have , flight time should be very long without the need to RTB unless …

• I am playing Italy for the first time in forever, and noticing how painful it is to have a country so short on oil. I want to research units that are the most economical on fuel use, but i figured someone in the community has probably already figured out which units they are. So i am asking, when you have very weak oil production, what units do you recommend building and not building?

• GAME UPDATE (171130)

War-spite - - News and Updates

I agree you should use terrain, unit strengths and weaknesses, diplomacy, all of it, to really master the game. Yes you can counter mlrs with attack copters or strike fighters, but one mlrs should not in reality be able to hold off two tank and 3 mech infantry units, without even getting hit. THAT is overpowered. Why didn't the player attack me with air units? I don't know, maybe he didn't have a base within range, maybe his units were tied up somewhere else and he figured that armored column co…

• GAME UPDATE (171130)

Quote from Opulon: “... 1°) Naval variants don't need the main line to be researched, and are 25% cheaper than main line 2°) The naval variants are slightly less efficient than the ground line. In my opinion, less efficient doesn't mean "less strong" but just "a bit less of range, a bit less of speed, a bit less of HP". I always thougth (but you may prove me wrong) that naval refitted planes were always a bit more tricky to keep operational, a bit heavier, and with more difficulties to fill them…

• GAME UPDATE (171130)

Quote from Admiral Gojira: “Nukes should have been made stronger not weaker. MLRS should have been left alone there tune was just about perfect. Just because a weaker minded player cant figure things out should not mean to punish the stronger players for some peoples in ability to play the game!!!! ” I disagree with your premise. The "weaker minded" player rely's on units that overpowered, such as mlrs were. The ability to play the game is not based on meta gaming to find the strongest combinati…

• Quote from static yoshi: “This seems like it will be pretty cool. I tried to make scenarios like this with my friends, but we always had that one person as france side with soviet russia, and it just never worked out. With the set teams I think this could make a pretty cool idea. you could fight proxy wars among the non aligned nations, I think this could bring in a bit more diplomacy than normal. two things though, will it still be the same modern units or special 1980s ones? (Im just curious o…

• GAME UPDATE (171130)

Quote from Ace_lvl_9000: “Well said, but this isn't about an operational viability context, what we're discussing is the fact that you're literally crippling yourself by choosing to research some tech paths. The amount of time, slots, and resources invested in certain units, will hinder your chances of overall victory if you go down those paths. ” I think crippling is a bit of an exaggeration. I mean the naval equivs are not expensive per se. It is more that they are generally not worth the trou…

• GAME UPDATE (171130)

I actually tried seeing how this played out recently, i had a game that most of the players left so it was just vs AI. I had a chance to experiment. I found that with the current research model for naval air units, aircraft carriers are imho, useless. Until late game, I don't have the rare to spare to research and build the carrier and the required buildings to create it. When coupled with the additional cost and time on researching the land based units before the naval air units, it just doesn'…

• Navy is screwed up...

War-spite - - Suggestions

I would have thought the obvious scenario is just to not fight them. land marines out of range, build a dock land troops in spain or morocco, invade and take his cities. You should never be attacking an enemy strong point.

• I will tend to run certain tech trees for a few games at a time. So if I am on a western tech kick, I will pick countries based on that tech. I also will often pick my country by what interests me from an rp point of view. Now as a Canadian, I often try to grab Canada, but as it is almost always gone in first 7 countries, I have to be quick on the drop to get it. Then of course I also happen to avoid countries that I just really hate playing. Some countries that are either too time demanding as …