Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from BearI91: “Quote from Germanico: “SAMs are Surface to Air Missiles (they basically go up and towards the target) whereas the Mobile Anti Air Unit usually employs short range direct line of fire options - hence it is hindered by terrain. Hope that explains it. ” Yes I can understand that for something like dense jungle or forest, but how do mountains and tundras drastically affect short range direct fire? ” I know i'm kinda late to reply, but here goes: Everything that Germanico said is…

• Resistance fighters

Captain Ash - - Suggestions

I know it has been a while since this discussion started, but yes, it'd be interesting as a new scenario. And i have another addition too, since the conquered country is trying to rebuild itself from scratch, why not allow to change its doctrine? Like in the real world, during the last period of the colonial era, nations revolted against their colonisers, and after establishing their governments, they chose which doctrine to side with. I'd like to hear more opinions about it.

• Well, up until now, i only played with the eastern doctrine so i can't really tell you much about the other ones. So, about the eastern doctrine, you can't research AFVs in Day 1 since they are unlocked since Day 2 (same thing for Tank Destroyers). But the Main Battle Tank is available since Day 1 (despite its somewhat expensive research cost). Though, even with that, the research in itself lasts about a day, so, no gold, no tanks in Day 1. I hope that was helpful (even if it is a bit disappoint…

• 8x game

I know, that's why i said "Lightning Round". Having your troops move at incredible speeds over the map, buildings and mobilizations finished quickly, and also research. The only catch, is that you'll have to be wise about where to spend your ressources and when. And don't worry, when i said 6 hours i didn't mean it literally, just 3 to 4 hours. Besides, it's not like all the games will be changed to that speed, if someone doesn't want a game that's that fast, then they can always opt for slower …

• 8x game

Actually, i think it'd be really cool. Something like a "Lightning Round" (borrowed that name from Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution). Imagine a game that takes about 6 hours to conquer enough territories to win, though i know it could be a bit inconvenient for many players. But for me, it'd be great. Since i usually find that normal speed games are too slow. And while 4X speed ones are the ones i take part in mostly, i think they're still not fast enough, because, when i am playing, time seem…