Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 102.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aircraft Carrier; Reimagined

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Let’s get on the same page here. The devs strive to make the game as realistic as possible, but in the grand scheme of things the game is not a simulation -Railguns shoot through cities and sometimes even mountains to hit armor on a higher elevation -Point Defense devours thousands of missiles like it’s a buffet -A level 1 AWACS can detect armored units on the ground -We won’t talk about Euro Stealth Bomber or Elite Bomber I am a person who enjoys realistic games. Mo…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from WalterChang: “I find that frigates are common enough for NPAs not to be very viable. The fact that it's difficult to ascertain the composition of a naval radar contact without getting your reccy unit shot to bits compounds the problem - you often don't know what you're attacking until you do it, and if there is a frigate there your planes get utterly wrecked. Even without frigates, 5 NPAs can't generally kill a stack of 5 other ships, because of the HP disparity. Because you need to m…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from WalterChang: “Quote from Job_ee: “npa used correctly in mass numbers are extremely deadly to anything that isn't a frigate. ” How often do you get to attack fleets that don't have frigates with them? ” Quite often. Not always, but often. many players go for destroyers and cruisers. How is it for you?

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Opulon: “I don't think it's a good idea to assume that the game is realistic, because it's marketing tries to sell it as "realist" to an audience that, by design, has a limited understanding of reality. My main complain with the Carrier is more about its genetics in the game economy : The legitimate players can only deploy it in mid-late game where the map is already done. By that time, the aircraft carrier is less "a strategic option", and more a show of dominance. And when the aircr…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from WalterChang: “Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 10 of the following units: ASWH, NASF, NSF, HG, AH, NAWACS, UAV, SSF, all types of Infantry ” I think this is a good idea. But to me, the best way to bring Aircraft Carriers into the game more would be to make fixed wing aircraft a little less fucking useless against navy stacks. If air units were a genuine threat to fleets (they aren't, currently) it'd become as important to control the airspace above …

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Opulon: “I don't think it's a good idea to assume that the game is realistic, because it's marketing tries to sell it as "realist" to an audience that, by design, has a limited understanding of reality. My main complain with the Carrier is more about its genetics in the game economy : The legitimate players can only deploy it in mid-late game where the map is already done. By that time, the aircraft carrier is less "a strategic option", and more a show of dominance. And when the aircr…

• AC-130 Gunship and/or A-10 Warthog

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Kalrakh: “CON is about World War III, so so far it considerably lacked fitting futuristic units CON lacks so much realism, not sure where you would even start to try make it realistic Which unit does your alliance assume to be a crappy unit? ” And yet, there's enough realism to draw players to this game. No one would play this if it was 100% unrealistic. As an active member in the CON community, there are some very high ranking players that see the realism in this game appealing. In o…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from KFGauss: “Please read more carefully - I criticized the notion of "realism" that someone claimed the wholly-unrealistic and wholly-imaginary proposed game unit would introduce. Have a nice day. ” My point is that the unit proposed is extremely realistic and is supported by players with more XP than you. And as a game that claims to use realistic units in their creepy adds on social media, it should make strides to actually do so.

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Job_ee: “Please! Yes!!!!!! This is very realistic . . . ” You might want to rethink this part of the "realism".Loading enough infantry to be the land component of conquering a continent (in this game) (that's the soldiers and all of their vehicles & equipment) into one aircraft carrier???That ain't realistic. ” Aircraft carrier mobilization is not just for a single …

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Kalrakh: “CON is about World War III, so so far it considerably lacked fitting futuristic units CON lacks so much realism, not sure where you would even start to try make it realistic Which unit does your alliance assume to be a crappy unit? ” That would be the drone swarm. It's very useless as it can be very easily taken down by aa and any unit that can take on an air intercept role, and doesn't do nearly as much damage as many units that behave like it, like missiles for example. Th…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Job_ee: “If a game wasn't realistic, only 12 year olds would ever play them. I'm starting to think you've played a first shooter game " in about never," but it usually works out best for games that are realistic vs games the claim to be realistic, but actually don't do so at all. ” This is the point in the exchange where either extreme sarcasm, or moving on to something more productive is appropriate. ” Says the guy criticizing someone for trying to make a game re…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Job_ee: “Quote from Colonel Waffles: “___Aircraft Carrier: Tier 1___ Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 10 of the following units: . . . all types of Infantry ___Aircraft Carrier: Tier 2___ Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 20 of the following units: . . . all types of Infantry ___Aircraft Carrier: Tier 3___ Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 30 of the following units: .…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Dealer of Death: “OK waffles, you can have your new aircraft carriers, if I can have my super battleship. forum.conflictnations.com/inde…e762d6a0b1f1d22a290639e6d ” With the use of rail guns and laser cannons, that actually could be a thing in the near future, you never know in this day and age.

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Job_ee: “Quote from Colonel Waffles: “___Aircraft Carrier: Tier 1___ Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 10 of the following units: . . . all types of Infantry ___Aircraft Carrier: Tier 2___ Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 20 of the following units: . . . all types of Infantry ___Aircraft Carrier: Tier 3___ Aircraft Carrier: Can accommodate up to 30 of the following units: . . . all types of Infantry ” …

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Job_ee: “. . . Why would CON make an elite unit that hasn't been used in combat (that we know of) compared to units that have been tried and true and are still successful weapons in today's world, like the warplanes I've mentioned already? . . . ” Because CoN is a game, and not a simulation. ” What the point of playing a game that isn't realistic? Only little kids would ever play them. My alliance also agrees that it's a crappy unit. What needs to be done is at le…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Let’s face it; among the various units considered to be bad, Aircraft Carrier is one of the saddest. It’s a unit with nothing wrong with it in particular, yet it is avoided like the plague and almost never mobilized by anyone who knows what they are doing. What is supposed to be a navy powerhouse in real life, serving as a capital ship and being the core of modern navies, is a unit on the back shelf in this game. Now, one may initially think that the best CoA is to r…

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from Job_ee: “Quote from Colonel Waffles: “CoN dev team undoubtedly has disagreements on the realism aspect of the game. Somewhere Germanico explained that the reason MAA has so many negative terrain modifiers is realism. You can probably find it on the forum That being said, fixed wing gunships are designed to destroy completely undefended armies. This is yet another reason why heavy needs to be its own damage class; so that units like this can work I would im…

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from Job_ee: “forum.conflictnations.com/inde…e762d6a0b1f1d22a290639e6d ” forum.conflictnations.com/inde…e762d6a0b1f1d22a290639e6d ” *you

• Quote from Dealer of Death: “Quote from Opulon: “Let's keep it to the memes, gentlemen. ” forum.conflictnations.com/inde…e762d6a0b1f1d22a290639e6d ” forum.conflictnations.com/inde…e762d6a0b1f1d22a290639e6d

Job_ee - - Suggestions

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “CoN dev team undoubtedly has disagreements on the realism aspect of the game. Somewhere Germanico explained that the reason MAA has so many negative terrain modifiers is realism. You can probably find it on the forum That being said, fixed wing gunships are designed to destroy completely undefended armies. This is yet another reason why heavy needs to be its own damage class; so that units like this can work I would imagine it being a very weak and slow unit, having …