Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 226.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Patch Notes 2302.28

Sgniappo - - News and Updates

resurrecting an old thread... (yes! i googled the forum first!!) I hadn't faced the ship targeting issue, as i barely use missiles in standard games. but you don't use them until you use them. i saw a post above saying that the mis-targeting issue happens 'a lot', in my experience (game id 7232829) it happens ALL THE TIME, not a lot. is this being fixed? is it pending anything? is there anything we can help with? i've seen posts asking ideas about new elite units, and i can't echo enough the com…

• wow has forum-posting become complicated... anyway, thanks to all who took time to provide useful advice. s

• Quote from Hakville: “Since KFG didn't tell op to google it, I'll do the honors. Here's are recent threads on Territorial Waters, - May 6th 2023 Territorial Waters - Jan 5th 2022 I Tend to get Territorial About Waters ” is this something between you and KFG? because neither of the above threads seems to answer my question. One is a game suggestion (which doesn't answer my question) and the other is about people sinking ships that come in their territorial waters (which...). So, just giving this …

• Quote from KFGauss: “@Sgniappo The fourth post in this thread you created in January of this year might trigger a forehead slap Where do you build your hospital? ” This is exactly what i was referring to when i spoke about 'cursing the game'... the solution back there was helpful, but it's always spotty. Ctrl works p.s. are you an AI trained using CON forum data?!

• I should have said in the original note that i only play 4X (even though i joined a couple of 1x by mistake and am learning that sleeping 6 hours is food for your health...). So really this thread should have been titled "is there any way that i can avoid forcing myself to get up in the middle of the night, since my ships are useless in defending my homeland?" Thanks to you all. not very encouraging, nor realistic, but clear.

• Quote from Im On Smoko: “click on a unit to move it, hold down the control (ctrl) key on a PC, you will then be able to more accurately position the unit. ” I've been cursing the game for not being able to position units better when close to the city centre, and now i realise it was my ignorance!! This is very helpful, thanks!

• I'm a bit at a loss here. If i'm online, all good. But how do you effectively use ships for naval defense during offline time, and particularly vs people you're not at war with? Let's say that i have a 'good enough' fleet: - i'm online, anyone approaching my homeland sinks; - i'm offline, i set ships on patrol to cover my shore cities, and ideally anyone i'm at war with has to at least fight to get through; - i'm offline, and someone comes with a stack of 10 (whatever) units in a transport. They…

• TDS, allies and defense

Sgniappo - - Questions & Answers

defense systems work for anyone who is at war with the launcher. being outside the city, even during and after the missile strikes if you ally is not at war it won't be triggered. this applies to any defense system, not just for TDs but for example also for SAMs. p.s. this is the right place

• Quote from japan samurai: “So u mean u sent the choppers to land on a carrier that was moving out of its combat range and they didn’t go home and refuel or what not? I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve here but according to what I’ve understand, All Air units have a combat range and a Ferry range, where the ferry range is usually 2-3x that of the combat range…so?!? If i have wrongly comprehended the situation do correct me ” That is correct, unless... they take off / land on a carrier. I …

• Here's what it looks like, to me it 'works as intended' and of course they don't like travelling alone, so here's the zoom-out on the strike group

• here's what i observed so far: 1. seems to 'work as intended' 2. if you send multiple units to the carrier / frig, once capacity is exceeded it won't let you. But if in between there is an airport (beyond operational range but within ferry range) it would still let you send them all. will soon see what happens to the overload capacity, but i presume it'll go back home once it reaches the carrier 3. if your carrying units move out of range while your flying assets are in transit, it doesn't matte…

• i can't scientifically document this. But i've seen several times that i ferry air assets to a far-away airport, and at some point during the trip (generally when they are just about to get there, as per Murphy's law) they just make their way back, and the tooltip reads 'returning to base to refuel'. My interpretation is: - the plane has a 'time to refuel' (say of 3 hours). - it starts making its way to the ferry destination (say a 4 hours' trip) - somewhere along the way (after 3 hours), it rea…

• Ok. Have carrier lvl 1, going to stack with 4x e-frigs lvl 2 (5 and 3x4 spots respectively). Assumption (to be tested) is that you have a total of 17 spots for choppers, or 5 planes and 12 choppers. Carrier being upgraded. for the e-frigs... will take a while longer. what do you need to see? s

• i think what we need from you @KGF is your scientific testing mind and model! I have the lab (almost) ready. We need the scientist to think of all the various scenarios, and ways to make the testing meaningful and conclusive. That's your strength, right? we can have the 4 people here (and whoever else wishes to contribute) think of areas to test, i start the first ones and produce evidence, and perhaps you can (when ready) re-test and make sure things are conclusive? or, am i too bored of this g…

• i'd like to do 2 experiments: 1. i'll publicly announce right here that i intend to stack an elite frigate with a carrier, and see if i disappear in a black hole (but, just in case, i won't tell the city i live in) 2. test stacking a e-frig and a carrier seriously, i'm in a pub where there's different people with 30+ cities who never upgraded their ports. i can play with lightly-supported carriers. what do you wish to test / see? WWIII 4x, e-frigs currently level 2, have a lvl 4 port, so i need …

• Question on 'new behaviour': If i am long-range ferrying air assets to an airport, and if that airport gets taken down as my units are on the way, what happens to them? Before they would 'cancel' and return to the originating airport. In the 'new behaviour' they do what? If you can, i'd appreciate a fast answer, as planes are in a long-range transit right now

• i beg to differ with those who went 'nah' about India. 1) in WW3 is one of the only decent to play 8-city nations. True, 2 are fuel, but in the long-term, when you mass tons of units, fuel becomes very important; 2) you get the *stans, you get the Thai peninsula, and you're about day 13 with around 35 cities. And you have production and a game; 3) you have 2 port cities, on the two opposite sides. Easy to defend, and it's the perfect number of coastal cities (unless you play islands). yes, the p…

• Quote from KFGauss: “1) Never be happy to lose a unit - Avoid it at (almost) all costs - Heal wounded units. ” I can't emphasize 1) enough. Your army is what you use to conquer and hold. Your army size = army you have + army you produce - your losses. If you take the last part of the equation as close as possible to 0, your ability to conquer constantly increases. My measure for expansion is 'how many cities can i take and keep during a day'. My target is to constantly increase the number of cit…

• Quote from Maxim | CM: “Quote from Sgniappo: “i had exactly the same going on - actually in my case they turned into trucks without even me destroying the airport (thread here: Patch Notes 2302.28). Bugs, of bugs. ” For stuff like this, using the bug report in the game makes it easier for us to deal with this kind of stuff and investigate properly. Please use that in the future so that we can help out with these issues asap rather than posting here and not getting a response in due time. ” Pleas…

• i had exactly the same going on - actually in my case they turned into trucks without even me destroying the airport (thread here: Patch Notes 2302.28). Bugs, of bugs.