Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 67.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Season 9: Progress Report

Capt_Rodgers - - News and Updates

Quote from Blahzay: “A friend send me this ” Looks like helicopter armed air defence frigate. The middle on looks like US planned Constelation class

• What I understand about using air assaut from A/C and H/C is that they're the only so called airmobile unit able to do that. It makes sence since even IRL you can disembark few light infantry chalks from e.g. Wasp class but you can't anything else like towed howitzers - you need LC for that. Game wise that means you can suprise your enemies with multible airborne troops but they can only secure land without support. So for anything else like SAMs or SPGs you would still need airfield, harbour or…

• SEASON 7 TEASER

Quote from Colonel Waffles: “Quote from Capt_Rodgers: “Quote from kurtvonstein: “No need for intel if you use the doctrine of overwhelming forces... A radar, 10 mrls and a couple of SAM as backup...thats how I scout. I simply read the newspaper... ” Without fighter jets as support this "overhelming force" will be quickly annihilated by attack chopers with imunity to SAMs. Best strategy is to use all arms doctrine combinig air force, artillery, air defence, strong ground units, navy and helicopte…

• SEASON 7 TEASER

Quote from kurtvonstein: “No need for intel if you use the doctrine of overwhelming forces... A radar, 10 mrls and a couple of SAM as backup...thats how I scout. I simply read the newspaper... ” Without fighter jets as support this "overhelming force" will be quickly annihilated by attack chopers with imunity to SAMs. Best strategy is to use all arms doctrine combinig air force, artillery, air defence, strong ground units, navy and helicopters. Rest are just varieties of tactics which limit your…

• SEASON 7 TEASER

Quote from Kalrakh: “Most people go for Strikers, choppers are the ace in the sleeve of experienced players ” I personally use helicopters a lot since they have really strong attack but still they aren't meta. Meta are strike fighters even though helis have stronger attack capability against their prefarable units. Also they are quite handy against SAMs but they are easily countered by aircraft. So they are the key when there is 100% air dominace

• SEASON 7 TEASER

Quote from Smallsword: “Could the elite UAV become the counter for the helicopter meta? ” And I don't think that helicopters are meta at all. All ground units have stronger attack against them and they are easily countered by fixed wing planes

• SEASON 7 TEASER

Quote from Kalrakh: “Quote from Capt_Rodgers: “Quote from Kalrakh: “I wonder, will this unit be unkillable or stealth by default or how it should be alternative to drones which are already quite cheap The sight range will also be an important factor here. ” From what I know about IRL loitering munitions (if you want to know more about them then look at their use during last years Karabakh war) is that they might work as patroling cruise missiles. So that game wise means that they will act like U…

• SEASON 7 TEASER

Quote from Kalrakh: “I wonder, will this unit be unkillable or stealth by default or how it should be alternative to drones which are already quite cheap The sight range will also be an important factor here. ” From what I know about IRL loitering munitions (if you want to know more about them then look at their use during last years Karabakh war) is that they might work as patroling cruise missiles. So that game wise means that they will act like UAVs when they're in the air and has same amount…

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “@Kranzegrad so whats to counter? No Airdefense liek the good old Bismarck ” That would be quite a good counter how to counter these types of units (like with IRL battleships). It should have almost none air defences but much highter attack than cruisers. So you should either choose either strong anti ship force of 5 battleships + naval officer or strong anti air force of 5 cruisers + naval officer

• I generally like idea of battleships as Elite units so I would be definitelly for it. Also these ships might ballance high ranking Elite naval officer paired with max out cruiser task force which is almost uncounterable for lover level as me. Anyway is there any official info about season 7? As we know from problems with season 6 we might be actually pretty far out from the release date or there might be anything else than naval units coming

• Since there was maintenance on the Friday it looks like that release of Season 6 is quite possible this week. Also this week is the third one since Yak told us it might take another 3 weeks to release

• Quote from Yak: “As it stands part of the reason for delay is that the feature has had to go through different stages of rescoping to cater to different use cases and scenarios - as releasing on dates proposed would have bigger repercussions than the good that can come out of the feature, resulting in unexpected behavior and lackluster feedback. When giving dates I work with what I have with the information I have at hand, but I cannot tell what can happen 2 weeks or a month from now. A branch m…

• I know we all should be patient but since the likely release day was set for early April which is now over, then I would like to hear some news from you mods. I mean someone can tell us if something is still not perfect and it needs another xxx more time to be fixed or if it would be there soon. It's sad that we hear so little about this new season because the initial hype almost died out

• Is there anything new regarding Season 6? We moved to late March/early April already so I just want to know if everything is according to plan or something went wrong and there will be further delay

• Quote from ewac123: “Okay okay okay. But don't come to the forums to be angry if in lategame, a single sub sinks em ” I already suggested that subs would be their counter. Thats why you would pair them with destroyers

• Quote from ewac123: “Ok, now I got your point. You are looking for supercruisers... Look no further. Tell a normal cruiser to arm itself with mutant camels. ” I want Iowa class, Kirov class and Richeleau class. You can search yourself what class those ships are

• Quote from ewac123: “I am a native english speaker. I really have no idea what you are talking about. A BATTLESHIP IS A CRUISER NOWADAYS. A lot of artillery, a lot of range, does some anti air damage. @Opulon Please help clarify this with "capt rodgers". As for the ATGM, well, it could be a weapon, but not fired seperately(like default weapon when used by TD) ” Mate, you have clearly no idea what I'm talking about. Cruiser today is basically bigger desroyer which use mainly cruise missiles and a…

• Quote from ewac123: “I'm kinda confused, but, ok. Just don't get me started about the political categorization of "Batteship". ” It's not confusing at all. Western doctrine has M901 and M1134 Stryker already as 2nd and 3rd stage tank destroyer which are both ATGM carries and they are normal tank destroyers. Those 3 new units looks like similar class of vehicles. Btw battleship is term for dreadnought/superdreadnought which is evolutional of pre-dreadnought also sometimes refered to as capital sh…

• Quote from ewac123: “Quote from Capt_Rodgers: “Quote from ewac123: “Battleships no longer exist. It's called a "cruiser", or for political reasons, a "frigate". Don't bring irl into games. This wouldn't even be in the top 1000 things that are wrong ingame vs rl. How does a tank have more HP than a destroyer? Hmm, i thought frigs, destroyers, and cruisers were all political categorizations for "warship". Hmm, wonder why infantry deal 0 damage to ships. They deal damage to planes by firing their m…

• Quote from crazystoner: “Will bombers be able to create minefields? ” Some of them might drop naval mines IRL but not landmines. Ofc there is possibility that they might do that in the game but IRL they can't do that. If you want to create mine field then you use either teams of engineers or mine laying vehicles