Search Results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• To really test your skills against another alliance a match needs to be NO GOLD, or it really isn't a test of which team is better, just who has more money. However the game creators need a revenue stream in order for us to all be able to play so there is no reason for them to restrict gold usage. As a compromise, perhaps an automatic news bulletin when a player spends gold? That way there would be no false accusations, it would be open for everyone to see.

• Market Fix

John B Dixie - - General Discussion

Thanks for the reply Germanico. I hope I didn't sound like I thought it was a bad thing that the structure was to encourage spending gold (ie real $). It's a business after all and without revenue there is no game. I understand and support that. And I think you guys have done a great job. On that same note I had an idea. There is a subset of players that play a lot but don't ever spend any money. If you randomly gave a bunch of them a free U.N. subscription, you would probably find a percentage …

• Market Fix

Ummm I'm sorry Dealer of Death is that not allowed? A discussion to come to an agreement of views? I don't mean to break rules, I thought that was the point of a forum?

• Market Fix

We seem to be talking at cross purposes. In the real world gaining cash is the point, so everyone always takes the highest price, of course. In a global conflict supporting an ideology would be the point not gaining cash. And what I am trying to express is that there would not be/ could not be any mechanism that would force a country to sell resources to the highest bidder, nor prevent them from selling to a lower bidder if they so choose. So let's use a current example... North Korea. There is …

• Market Fix

Well like my example of Israel / Egypt / Saudi Arabia. Or let's use a WWII example. Mexico is neutral, Germany offers top price for Oil. Does Mexico have to sell to Germany? No, it sells to USA at a lower price. Germany gets mad, sinks a couple Mexican tankers and then Mexico declares war on Germany. That's a RL example from history. Not Mexico wants to sell to USA but is forced to sell to Germany because they offered more money. Regardless, I support my interpretation of why the game designers …

• Market Fix

Hey ewac123, I'm not blaming anyone, nor am I that particularly invested in the issue, and once I realized it existed I stack the market too, it's a feature I use it. Nor am I anti gold players. If it weren't for people that can afford to spend money there wouldn't be a game for me to play, though I am not able to do so myself. That being said, defending it as trying to be RL (real life?) as possible is not valid in my opinion.

• Market Fix

Just on a side note, thank you to Iron Rooster and ewac123 for explaining how the global marketplace works, and they are both correct when the point is to make money, in which case you would not need to be forced to sell to the highest bidder, you would want to. However in a global conflict situation, neutral third parties would want to, and be able to sell to whoever's ideology they supported. If Israel and Egypt were at war, Saudi Arabia would not be forced to sell oil to Israel just because I…

• Market Fix

Thanks Fereyd for clarifying that it is intentional to reward the richest, and not just an oversight. Built in feature that basically shuts down the market option so players desperate for x resource might spend gold to get it....that I understand. It is a business after all.

• Market Fix

Do you mean that if we are at war the buy orders you place don't show up on my market? Only non-combatant orders are visible? Do you mean that they intentionally want game cash rich players to be able to stack the market and prevent trading?

• Market Fix

Not communisim, but if we were at war I wouldn't sell resources to you regardless of how much you offered. But the way it is set up now a player can block the market so I cant sell to anyone without selling to them first. In a real world war you could sell to your allies regardless of how much your enemies would pay for the same resources.

• resources

John B Dixie - - Suggestions

I have posted a Market Fix thread that addresses this issue. What I dont like about the market is that it automatically sells to the highest priced oldest buy order, which allows a player with lots of extra game cash to stack the market so that no one can sell resources to anyone but them first. Seems like an easy fix to allow you to choose which order to fill, which is also more realistic as I wouldnt sell to someone I am at war with right?

• Market Fix

When selling resources on the market, regardless of which offer you try to fill it automatically fills the highest priced and oldest order. This allows a player with lots of excess game cash to stack the market so that no one can sell resources to anyone but them. It would be more realistic and balanced if you were able to choose which order to fill so that you could sell to your allies (or the enemies of your enemies). I am not a programmer but it seems like an easy fix that would help weaker p…