Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 616.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Radionova: “They need to give me some gold to buy rare materials or go in my game and fix it because this is more than just a mild inconvenience ” I wouldn't normally respond to something like this, but you have just written the single stupidest post I have ever read. Accept the challenge and play the map as it is, or archive it and play a new one. If that is more than a mild inconvenience to you, then you're going to need more than free gold to help you.

• Quote from KFGauss: “I predict he will continue to be bloody effective. Even if he loses 9 planes to someone who has built some SAMs, ASF or other AA, he'll still have 30 left. 30 will kill many, many enemy ground troops. Your buddy's ground troops only have to stroll along behind the planes. ” Actually, I miscounted. He 'only' had 35 SFs, plus the one start-up ASF on Day 16. Yes, it's going to continue to be very effective. He started as Brazil on WW3, so that's 2 homeland cities each producing…

• Quote from KFGauss: “"Ignorance"? That's a pregnant word. I try to not be ignorant. What do people like me need to learn so that we are no longer ignorant? I'm not looking for a forum-food-fight; but I am curious why you chose that word. PS: Here are two Day 15 OOBs. In the first, for various reasons, I was contributing 18 planes (ASF + SF) to our coalition by Day 15. In the seconds, operating essentially unopposed while I consumed inactives, I had 24 planes (ASF+EAA+SF). In either case if I wer…

• Quote from Kaiservar: “A balanced one. A safe place to begin but not so isolated that it would be impossible to win. In fact, Kazahstan is a sweet spot to a slow and isolated begining but with opportunity to expand. ” Another you might consider is Sweden. Yes, you can get caught off guard early on if you're not watching, but if you spam national guard everywhere to start with to build up your defence, and maybe underground bunkers as well, you can feel fairly safe while you get your offensive un…

• Quote from Kaiservar: “Quote from WalterChang: “I always thought India was pretty good for that. You do have to watch out for Pakistan early on (ally with them or take them out), but after that your borders are pretty well protected by natural boundaries like mountains, jungle and rivers where you can defend fairly easily; and you've only got two coastal entry points to defend. You've also got 2 or 3 AI countries that you can comfortably reach before anyone else can, and then the possibility to …

• I always thought India was pretty good for that. You do have to watch out for Pakistan early on (ally with them or take them out), but after that your borders are pretty well protected by natural boundaries like mountains, jungle and rivers where you can defend fairly easily; and you've only got two coastal entry points to defend. You've also got 2 or 3 AI countries that you can comfortably reach before anyone else can, and then the possibility to expand quickly into city-rich Indochina once you…

• Quote from MeLarie: “Dear CoNmanders, We read through all your suggestions and have taken them into consideration. We would like to thank you for your input in shaping our game. Together we can create an incredible CoN future! ” Do I win a prize? Quote from WalterChang: “Elite Private Military Company. This is a bit like an insurgent unit in terms of its combat stats, and is recruitable in any player-controlled city that has a prison (doesn't have to be Homeland). The unit is very cheap to mobil…

• Quote from xovault: “ worry about. What ” If you didn't have EAAs, would you just sub in ASFs and do the same thing? And do you always do the same thing as that in every game?

• Quote from KFGauss: “In the typical public 1X game, especially during a rapidly snowballing player's make-or-break rapid-growth phase of Days 5 through 20 or 35 (depending on the map size), I think the answers are almost always this: - Probably none of the radar blips represent SAM stacks - If you are unlucky and you do run into some (probably weak) AA, use Patrol attacks deal with it. - There might be one ASF floating around somewhere - So that you don't have to worry about it, the advice above…

• Quote from KFGauss: “@Walter - You're writing about a completely different situation than one outlined above. In the scenario outlined above, the person implementing the advice (and who can be active enough to implement it successfully) doesn't use a mindset of entrenching units and then slugging it out in a melee brawl with attacking units. If they do that, the risk of losing units is too high and the speed of advance is generally too slow. Instead they want to always be sending air power to ki…

• Quote from shrek6satan: “Whenever I try to prepare more before invading it comes that crippling anxienty that any second now he's gonna attack me so i kinda rush the invasion leading to defeat. How do I counter this? ” Let them come! Defending is way easier than attacking, especially early game. In fact, contrary to the popular maxim, defence is often the best form of attack. Let the other guy commit his forces against your entrenched positions, and then flank or counter attack into his lightly …

• Reorder of units

WalterChang - - Suggestions

I like the idea of merging the AFV with the mech infantry. Take the combat and movement stats of the AFV and keep it as a 'hard target' unit, but allow it capture territory like an infantry. I think the cost balance is also a good point. Fast jets should be about twice as expensive as an MBT, level for level, which in turn should be about twice as expensive as the AFV/MechInf unit. A couple of changes to ground-to-ground combat I would also make are: 1) allow units in 'melee' battles to withdraw…

• Elite Private Military Company. This is a bit like an insurgent unit in terms of its combat stats, and is recruitable in any player-controlled city that has a prison (doesn't have to be Homeland). The unit is very cheap to mobilize - just costs money, no resources - and can be used as cannon fodder to absorb artillery hits or whatever, thereby protecting you main units. Catch is, if you lose too many of them, they have a chance to go rogue and turn into actual insurgents, which will group up and…

• Interestingly, if you google this: site:forum.conflictnations.com kfgauss google thread you get 376 results

• AI giving ,,right of way" ?

Quote from Zefyros22: “I recently came across situation where an another player I am fighting tried to conquer AI, failed, AI fights back and takes its provinces back... except for one province. Which means in order to stop one war I have to go through AI and got me thinking it would be nice if there was a mechanism when AI is willing to change status to ,,right of way" under some conditions. It might make things interesting if lets say there are players A and B and AI nation between them. Each …

• Research focus/fork for units

I suggested something similar to this years ago, and everyone said it was a crap idea! No fair. What I'd like to see is a kind of hybrid: So you'd get 3 tiers of each unit, the same as you do now. But within each tier you'd get a choice of upgrades - HP boost, speed boost, att/def boost, terrain bonuses, range boost, etc. The small incremental upgrades would be a lot cheaper than the full tier-to-tier upgrade in themselves, but would add up to more overall if you did all of them. A fully upgrade…

• Day 1 guide

WalterChang - - General Discussion

Quote from kurtvonstein: “1. MAA defend me when I am offline 2. Cause I dont spam infantry I have supply and components left 3. I need the electronics for good toys. ” Cannot argue with any of that. I just think that as a Day 1 option, it doesn't repay/justify its resource cost in the early game often enough to make it worth it. Especially given that they only take 30 minutes to research, you can get them up and running in your overall build as and when you need them, rather than building them a…

• Day 1 guide

Quote from kurtvonstein: “my start reaources i build 1-2 maaguns. just in case anyone try’s anything funny. ” But they're so expensive! For a 'just in case' scenario, I think I'd rather just build an extra ASF on Day 1. MAAs have got to be among the least cost-effective things to research and build out of all the Day 1 options?

• Day 1 guide

I think CRVs are very valuable in the early game (and moderately valuable later on), but that doesn't mean I would spam them on Day 1 - I think it's a total waste of resources and mobilization time. A general rule for me would probably be: if I start with 1 CRV, then I'd research them on Day 1 and build maybe 2 or 3 more of them, probably sequentially rather than at once; if I start with 2 CRVs, I'd probably just make do with them and spend the research resources on something else. I'm not convi…

• New map, Sengoku

WalterChang - - Questions & Answers

Might have a look for one of these, bring back the old Shogun: Total War vibes. "Your enemy lacks courage and honour. He is running like whipped dog!"