Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Day 1 guide

Hertenjager - - General Discussion

The point for noobs, there are many factors and no set recipe for success. Most important: research the game, its units and buildings, and have a plan for beyond day 1. Then play; be resilient, learn from mistakes. If a noob is unwilling to figure out ahead of time that industry in some province is useless, and they give up after day 5 or game 1, then no guide is going to help them.

• “If the game was reskinned to include, for example, dragons and wizards fighting over a fantasy world, but all the underlying game mechanics remained the same, I would not be interested playing it at all.“ Totally agree. CoN is maybe not realistic as Opulon points out, but many aspects are plausible and enough of the units etc are accurate enough, that it feels like playing in our dimension, not some uber-fiction fantasy world that defies the known laws (?) of physics.

• Pretty much agree. The appearance of realism in the game is pretty well on target as it is now, maybe even more than it needs to be. 80% fun/20% realism I do get a little annoyed with some of the province and city choices but I’m geographically OCD and just need to get over it.

• I see your point, I guess I had a different view. Overall I think it’s unlikely that any spy capture would make it to the news, in wartime, unless it was a deception operation.

• Shore bombardment

Hertenjager - - General Discussion

Was always proud of our NGFS training results and even the thought of removing naval bombardment is disappointing.

• The game should try to mirror real life as much as possible, which it generally does. Back to Yak’s list at the start… - Reward to players for Spies which are caught with counter-ops **First, consider some type of false intel, the same could be said for general game play. Deception and camouflage have been part of warfare for millennia, and a spy at some level may be only aware of information that could be false. I liked the concept mentioned of spy tiers/levels...it is logical & realistic. IF y…

• I’ve had the same frustrating challenge others have, where maybe you attack two small/one city nations/states, after that one or two AI countries declare war on you, then others join in and then you’re considered the most notorious. Even though by day 10 or so all 5-10 AI countries you’re at war with are the ones who initiated the sneak attack or initial war declaration. If you’re not the one who initiated any of the wars you’re in, why is it your fault? You should only move up in ‘notorious’ ra…

• New AI changes

Hertenjager - - Suggestions

Thanks for the response. It’s useful to know definitively that the AI countries were not designed to be compartmentalized, individual nations and that ‘they’ really constitute one big coalition.

• New AI changes

Hertenjager - - Suggestions

I generally like all the AI changes, it makes it more of a challenge. Let me say I don’t see an issue if AI countries even established their own coalitions. Sharing of info ‘between’ different AI countries is not a problem. But a few aspects concern me: 1. The AI ‘knows’ from user time in the game, when to launch an attack. Invariably this is when users are asleep, and the system knows when someone is unable to respond. This is unrealistic compared to normal intel. 2. Even if you don’t attack an…