Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• when joining a map why not let players choose a doctrine? that way you could choose a doctrine favourable to your play style or allow you to play the same country three times over with a different feel to each it time?

• was just thinking about the obvious way to nerf the EAA (yep that is me atop my tank thinking away but with one earphone off so i can listen out for those deadly EAA!). Do it the same way they have done for all the other 'super weapons' like the Elite Helicopter and Rail Gun that could also totally dominate a game....if only you could build enough of them. Leave the EAA stats the same but simply reduce the build numbers to the typical elite 3-5-10 number the tech levels. Given most active games …

• Just finished my first two games with the EAA and the results were exactly what I feared = CoN is now 'play planes or go home'. The stacks of EAA/ASF are almost 'god-like' in the ability to clear the battlefield and become the single totally dominant unit for Victory. Their high Strike Power when combined with their large amount Hit Points allows them to constantly stay in the frontline with no fear of hitting at any targets when there are no other plane players in the immediate area. Against no…

• good analysis Pale Rider agree that conquest is best way to increase RSS production. A newly taken city (with very low morale) immediately gives about 200 RSS (about same return as building an AI on homeland city). As morale in captured city increases over next few days its production doubles to about 400 so that RSS by conquest becomes twice as beneficial as by building homeland AI. with the EAA air unit now totally dominating the battlefield, the use of sea and land units with good anti-air is…

• On day one I stay defending my cities in case any beginners send out an immediate (and stupid) doomed-to-fail invasion = infantry 25% stronger defending plus 25% city defence bonus plus 25% province centre bonus so your 2 defending infantry totally kill 2 attacking infantry although the inclusion of Armor Car in an attack stack is dangerous. Whilst their overall invasion almost certain to fail, it can be annoying if you vacated a border city to grab some early computer country land and then have…

• Like 'kurt the rock' i build Military Logistics which give the most Economic Points towards boosting your player ranking for the resources spent. Since everyone ranking is transparent on a map, you tend to find that people want to ally to high rank players and to attack low rank players. Thus you want to improve your ranking as quickly as possible to change from be a potential target into a potential ally! Would be interesting if they made the Military Points earn relative to your grade so that,…

• New Ability: Offensive Patrol

taylorwohlt - - Suggestions

yes the lack of any unit 'reaction' except by direct supervision by the player can make this game very time taxing when such basic reactions controlled by simple logic are actually one of the things computers do better than humans. I played the sister game New World Empire (early musket time) and also Conflict of Nation WW2 and whilst they did not have this sophisticate patrol mechanism, they sort of attempted to create the same sort of effect by having invading units move MUCH more slowly on ho…

• I enjoyed reading this post so I will add my unit build and win strategy. Why I like CoN What i really like about CoN is the complexity of unit mix and variety of ways people get to win. I played the sister games of Medieval (New World Empires) that has very simple unit mix and no ranged weapons so whilst good to play if can only log in once or twice a day (a blocking position is truly that), everyone and every game pretty much played out the same way so after 30 games looked for something else.…

• i agree with everyone that reducing number of cities is a retrograde step. 5-6-7 city countries are VERY different in power 5 city country only has one of each resource = 3rd rate power. can only make couple of infantry and maybe one special unit a day plus limited in trying to upgrade buildings and keep research going 6 city country usually has extra Supply city = 2nd rate power. Supplies good for extra infantry, corvettes (weakest ship) and gunship helicopter (weakest air unit) and the MRL tha…

• way too strong too early in game IMO. I reality these EAA (like A-10 and frogfoot planes) built AFTER the appearance of SAMs which were the devastating counter to israeli Strike Fighters in first few days of 1973 Yom Kippur War. The rugged design and low altitude flying of EAAs allowed aircraft to once again re-enter the battlesapce in support of ground operations. In CoN however the EAA appears first and is strong enough (and cheap enough) to outbuild and outpace an opponents trying to counter …

• Hi All. I am enjoying the complexity of modern war in CoN (thats me atop my combat recon vehicle irl) after many games of NWE (medieval/early Modern) and CoW (WW2). sorry but i could not find a clear answer on this bit of complexity? To help guard cities against attack i sometimes fly planes near the city so that the plane 'patrol zone' overlaps the city . Now if that city were to get hit by a nuke missile with its 50 km damage splash zone that reached out to include the flying planes, would the…