Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 78.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ye the patrol circles need to be more visible and in-game tools should already exist to gauge ranges of your own units and the enemy. But that'd appeal to those who play with finesse. Not many of those about.

• Quote from Kaiservar: “I don't know why people don't build ASF regulary. It is weird for me. ” I think because they are defensive units and people prefer attacking ones. The few times I've seen people build them, and I've asked them why, it turns out they thought they were primary air to ground attack jets. From the people I've spoken to, they don't understand the importance of controlling the air as a means to improve the survivability and operational effectiveness of ground troops.

• Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from WalterChang: “... 39 (!) SFs on Day 16. The only other thing he's mobilised is MotInf, and lots of that too. Literally nothing else at all. He's just swarming people one at a time, and there isn't much subtlety to it that I can see! It's proving pretty bloody effective, though. I suspect he's probably used some gold? I don't know. But I guess if you spend zero resources on anything at all bar MI and SF, then you might be able to pull that off without gold? What do…

• An other P2P game mode suggestion

xovault - - Suggestions

Quote from Kaiservar: “I don't know if gold is the solution, but like You, i miss the opportunity to figth with all these toys in a more longer Game. The problem is that at the first time of war, everyone rush over the enemy homeland, bypassing conquered lands. I was thinking about give each province a small amount of resources while cities offer less, so, people could be attracted to take lands instead of homeland cities. The big problem is that when you capture homeland cities, it is Game over…

• You probably don't have enough. Tank officer will boost them as will using them on mountains if you're careful. How many do you have & what's their level & how many RG's are you facing?

• Mob arty or MRL both outrange it. Also has hefty debuffs on numerous terrain you can exploit.

• Quote from Im On Smoko: “So I did a google search and could not find the answer to my question regarding bunker mechanics. Do ground units need to be in the EXACT center of the city to gain the defensive bonus of a bunker? I ask because my city is going to be attacked and I want to position the ground units in front of the incoming path of the enemy so my airbase & army base avoid damage when I defend against them. ” Just tested it. There's a level 3 bunker in that city. The stack in it has dmg …

• @Kaiservar "You describe some situations, mostly ideal and not mandatory to be the same every time you play, thinking about America and inactive players. My experience is the opposite." What you describe as ideal, I find to be typical in my maps. I find it rare to encounter actually competent, active coalitions working cohesively and co-ordinated as a team with proper defences and scouting networks. How we each define these terms could be different. For e.g. what you may deem competent & a chall…

• Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Kaiservar: “Quote from KFGauss: “I wrote that being more much active than your opponent is a big advantage, especially if you have built units that match your activity level.And I wrote that if you are highly active you can typically win public games (often easily) using only a few units types. Are we disagreeing? ” In some deep points. Look, we are in the same line about activity helps a lot, that's true, but where i'm not with you is in the fact that fewer unit …

• Quote from Mother Hen: “Yabba Blabba Gabble ” Good point - never thought of it that way.

• Quote from Kaiservar: “Quote from Toooooop: “Quote from Kaiservar: “Quote from Toooooop: “Quote from xovault: “Quote from Kaiservar: “Quote from xovault: “ ” ” ” ” ” ” jajajajaja obviously that you don't need to take América, but if you want to do, you need a navy. But i put you in another point of view: the americans goes to Europe with a fleet of full stack frigates (Anti air). What will you do? Leave your homeland coastal cities to be bombarded? Ah yes, landlocked... Well, i suppose that by t…

• Damage doubts

xovault - - Questions & Answers

These links address it: docs.google.com/document/d/1uk…H3r_P-i-yeFP29GcLxxY/edit docs.google.com/document/d/1aR…exeg_xJeyH-crhY6QfLM/edit For your situation: Opposition stack: * * Mot Inf * Tank * * Qty * 3 * 2 * * Weight * 1.35 * 2.75 * Total * Dmg Distribution Weight (qty x weight) * 4.05 * 5.5 * 9.55 * % of incoming dmg received * 42.41% * 57.59% * The 2nd link above doesn't follow through with the calculation so it's left unclear, but I presume you work out the "actual" dmg in numbers by mul…

• Quote from Kaiservar: “Quote from xovault: “ ” i one game, my partners and me was confronting China. He expand very quickly and aggresively, even over his allies. One of my allies was Japan and he build a fleet of cruisers and frigates. The cruisers destroys all chinese coastal cities and that was the end for him. Notice that China was playing with ASF very advanced and Cruise missiles and this combo was very effective for him to go from Asia to Syria in about 20 days. In a recent play against a…

• The smaller islands are not so bad, but for say Australia, (with longer reinforcement time) the issue of people directing concentrated force against your dispersed defence is a problem. While you can encounter concentration of force in landlocked countries, I feel like it’s much quicker in general to reinforce a land defence. If you mitigate this somewhat, by having a network of AWACS or singular ships acting as buoys, it’s just adding to the cost of a naval defence which is already higher than …

• Ye 50/60 cities by day 10 I don't think is doable on average. I think it requires being a central'ish European country, targeting city clusters as priority and having an aggressive mindset. In ww3 1x at least, there's only ever a handful of "competitive" players. Odds are, they aren't on your border. Yet I mostly find cautious mindsets everywhere, incurring the time cost of over-preparation. In general, that's not warranted. In terms of over-estimating capabilities (which leads to extra caution)…

• Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from xovault: “For many starting countries on various maps, my gut would tell me that my early-game units could move around enough to completely take down 10 countries (50 to 60 cities) in the first 10 days, especially if some of them (let's say 3?) put up any sort of a fight. My gut has been know to be wrong - Which map(s) and/or starting-countries is this scenario playing out in? WW3 or something else? ” In that 1st paragraph, did you mean to say, your gut tells you …

• Reorder of units

xovault - - Suggestions

Quote from Kaiservar: “I like the idea of healing in exchange of resources. Could be a fraction of the unit cost to be reasonable. I was thinking about artillery too. In fact, the artillery must have a time to deploy. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes. This is in line to real behavior and could límit his uses as "hit and run". ” If you mean a 5-10 minute set up timer when attacking with arty, in typical play, that is a very small window of time for the opponent to catch onto what is going on & move out of t…

• Quote from WalterChang: “Quote from xovault: “worry about. What ” If you didn't have EAAs, would you just sub in ASFs and do the same thing?And do you always do the same thing as that in every game? ” Before EAA's were a thing, I would start getting MRL's out around day 4. Could have used the other arty types to mobilise quicker & then transition to MRL's later but could never bring myself to spend rares on a tech line I would eventually abandon. Would also use gunships for the early phase but g…

• You're not going to have all that on day 5. Ye, I wasn't being specific. 50 ASF is by day 25-30. My games end by day 30ish. No gold. Day 1-5: 2 CRV + 5 mot (starting units) + 3NG = 10 stack. All other starting units stay back. Towed whittles down city stacks until their defensive damage is about 8 or so. 10 stack grabs the kill so the NG can absorb 25% of incoming damage & then auto heal. 1 NG then stays to garrison, 2 go off to land grab and 3 new NG spawns are timed to cycle in to repeat the p…

• Quote from WalterChang: “Quote from KFGauss: “ ” Well, I was responding to a specific bit of the OP, where he said he would often rush an invasion before he was ready, due to anxiety over whether he would be invaded first. My view is that being invaded first is often an advantage. You can see the enemy's stack composition when it enters your territory; you can predict its likely route; you can put up a defence somewhere along that route where terrain is to your advantage. You can move your own u…