Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 235.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @SquiffySquirrel My first game I went with an anti-tank/gunship combo... it's actually a great build. Could you give a little more context to your game, please. Who looks like the biggest threat?... Is there a dominant coalition? Does it look like there are a lot of naval threats? What do you expect/know your opponents are using/mobilizing? How does the market look? Are there a lot of active players?

• I'm going to go out on a limb and say... Turkey... which I have never played. -Having so many home city ports with an inland capitol allows for naval dominance with minimal exposure... -It's position in the Med. Sea is outside the center chaos and provides strategic blockade points of defense in a very natural progression...starting with access to the Black Sea ... Then the Eastern section to the Suez Canal... and finally the straight of Gibraltar to control the Med. Sea in whole. -With the exce…

• Quote from PerigeeNil: “Quote from Tom_Cruise: “RoW - doesn't work. Just literally tested it from a RoW airbase and the air assault option was greyed out. ” Good to know. Sorry I guessed incorrectly on this. ” Air assault works with allied airbases/airfields... maybe it's different for RoW ... but within a coalition all airfields/bases work for air assaulting units

• In such a position as you're in.... where you and your enemy both know that you'll be overrun... you're best bet is to become such an inconvenient enemy that they find it's not worth it. As Italy against Austria you can ensure that your cities will not be "claimed". If you're able to build a navy of a handful of frigates you can make Austria's campaign so painful and fruitless that they may give up entirely... They'll take your cities but not be able to hold them... have lowered morale and insur…

• More Missiles

Smallsword - - Suggestions

Quote from KFGauss: “Quote from Opulon: “There is this variant of chess from China where there is a unit called canon that can basically yeet iteslef from one side to the other of the board. ” FYI: This totally important (aka silly) post isn't about "More Missiles", but I'm putting it here because of three things 1) It's not worth starting a new thread, 2) When I search for "yeet" this is the first thread that appears in my results, and 3) If I don't get a break from the three threads that are a…

• Pronouns, Pronouns, Pronouns!

Smallsword - - Off Topic

I rarely use pronouns... not really necessary. If I ever refer to anyone that is insulted by any pronoun that they did not "choose" I will probably elect to use: "The delusioned" .... ex. "The delusioned's wishes are to have their pronouns be..." "The self-absorbed" .... ex. "The self-absorbed's feelings on this matter are of no importance to the tangible world" "The Leftist-fascist-marxist-lingually-impaired"... ex. "The Leftist-fascist-marxist-lingually-impaired's efforts to reconstruct realit…

• TDS

Smallsword - - Questions & Answers

Won't the TDS point defense still trigger?

• Could you be confusing score with rank? As in "big number = low rank.... small number = high rank"

• Quote from kurtvonstein: “its a nice setup till someone shows up with MRL and blast you away... i tried towed ones but i was not realy happy how fast they die... ” The TD really come into play against MRL... TA do die easily... but they're produced easily as well... if they're in harms way you can fly them out and prepare for an engagement that's in your favor... It's not too expensive to have army base 2s in every home city... 5-7 TA per day keeps your numbers up... it's an "out number" strateg…

• @Buckeyechamp You should check out this real life heli v fixed wing scenario between US army and US air force... it's called J-CATCH youtu.be/Ie0CwP_EgM0 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-CATCH You should also check out some of the upcoming US helicopters 360_Invictus.jpg youtube.com/watch?v=UA03N4jw3mc

• @Kalrakh I've been playing with towed artillery/tank destroyer builds in a similar way to gunship/attack helicopters... you might like it... it has its advantages. Like @kurtvonstein I use TD primarily to hold cities... with 20+ TD you never worry about insurgents... and with air assault you can repurpose them quickly. This is my current games day 20 No-air/navy build: unknown.png It's really very simple... but it's versatile and effective... and it's also cheap and fast

• I feel that armor, like national guard, has it's own role outside of combat. All armor is melee... Melee is the least preferred form of combat...BUT melee does happen. Armor can play the vital role as the shield unit. It's typical to have some form of armor that's protecting an artillery stack... guarding an airfield... blocking a route... or holding a city It's not that armor isn't useful... it's just how/when/where you use it. Personally, I love tank destroyers... It is a very select moment wh…

• I still can say I've never built a strike fighter. The thing is, in the air power arms race... strike fighters put you behind the curve. Air superior fighters only require air base 1 and their first research is something like 90 seconds. If you make SF and ASF you're splitting your research demands up... starving for components/electronics for each... using half (or whatever percent) of your mobilization time on SF... and damaging your fixed wing attacking ground troops throughout the game. If y…

• It seems like there are a lot of strategies for AvA that wouldn't work well in active publics.... It seems most alliance players adjust their play styles/strategies when they play public formats... So it goes both ways. I read "You can win with anything in a public game" often ... but that's not true... You can beat new and inactive players with whatever you've got, sure. If we approach public games AS IF they were filled by competent and active players (even if it has never happened) we can dis…

• In nearly all of my coalition wins I've exceeded the solo-VP win threshold... Only one of these games was I not in first... I typically I have twice the VP of the 2nd place spot... and they're my coalition mate. Having a lazy ally can be advantageous ... you can gain more VP/XP/KD/Gold

• I'm also going to slither out of the "experienced" title.... though, it is flattering, thank you. @PerigeeNil I will say that I've had experiences such as the post describes... out numbered, invaded by many simultaneously etc. Those other two coalitions beat you through their use of diplomacy. Diplomacy is arguably the most powerful weapon in the game... With a single ally you can double your army, production, and intel... in addition to activity. It's the most human element in the game... One t…

• Air Assault vs. Ferry

Quote from Taz Xanth: “Quote from Smallsword: “Of those units you listed only the recon can air assault...that might already answer your question. ” OK, if I have a level 3 Combat Recon, a level 4 Towed Artillery, a level 5 Mobile Anti Air and a level 5 tank destroyer... all capable of Air Assault... back to original question. ” In that case, the previous posts should have answered your question... air assault is faster and less vulnerable

• Air Assault vs. Ferry

Alright... so airlift is 1 hour and 30 min no matter what.... air assault embarkment is 1min and 30 sec.... oops Also, air assault speed is actually 3.5 (at least at first) If your airfields are within the 400 radius of one another you can launch a continuous air assault across.... if the airfields are outside of that parameter but their respective 400 ranges overlap at some point, you can air assault into the next range-bubble and then order another air assault

• Air Assault vs. Ferry

Of those units you listed only the recon can air assault...that might already answer your question. Airfield to airfield is faster in travel but has the embark/disembark times which I think are both 40 min (with airbases/airfields at 100%)... so that's 1h 20 no matter what. Air assault is a 1 minute embark time... and one hour disembark time.... So 1H and one minute no matter what. So you have a 19 minute difference. Air assault helicopters travel at 3... airlifts at 5 (I think)... so the speed …

• Quote from KFGauss: “[Tongue-in-cheek ON] Battleships could be added to the game to add the following features. Players could build battleships, and either tie them up in harbors to use as museums, or could sink them to create new aquatic habitats, or could tow them to allies' shipyards to be broken up and used to supply the raw materials modern units need, or could use the for target practice when training other units. A museum would improve a city's morale, an aquatic habitat would improve an …