Everything must have night/dark theme! CON is no exception!!! [concept art]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kurtvonstein wrote:

cities shoudl ahve to ability to turn off the lights...no now to distract bombers...
      cities shoudl ahve to ability to turn off the lights...no now to distract bombers...
      At a cost, nothing should be free in game. Like blackout reduces resource production by 50 pct.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Here's an adjacent suggestion to roll into the possibilities for this subject.

In almost any/all backgrounds, blinking units would be easier to find than non-blinking.

This applies when a dark unit is over a dark background, and when a flying unit (think long range air transports) is drawn on an arc (curved line) to their destination instead of on a (straight) line to their destination.

So some sort of blink once or continuous-blinking on/off function would handy to have for all units or for individual units.

The current feature for stepping though all units (that tries to shift the map to each unit's location) is good, but it doesn't always work well for long-range or multi-hop Air Transports, for (air) units that are flying, or for ground units in crowded, low-contrast locations. I think a blink(ing) feature would be useful in each of these circumstances.

KFG
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

At a cost, nothing should be free in game. Like blackout reduces resource production by 50 pct.
      I understand where you are coming from, but 50%?? Factories can be easily made so they emit no light and run at full tilt.

BUT my main objection goes to the Godfather of Zombie Hunting (which kinda renders Buckeye's point moot)
      : This is a WW3 game, not a WW2 game, bombers don't rely on visuals for targeting, it's all GPS, so blacking out the city shouldn't make 1 bomb go 1 cu... er dog's hair off target
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • KFGauss wrote:

Here's an adjacent suggestion to roll into the possibilities for this subject.

In almost any/all backgrounds, blinking units would be easier to find than non-blinking.

This applies when a dark unit is over a dark background, and when a flying unit (think long range air transports) is drawn on an arc (curved line) to their destination instead of on a (straight) line to their destination.

So some sort of blink once or continuous-blinking on/off function would handy to have for all units or for individual units.

The current feature for stepping though all units (that tries to shift the map to each unit's location) is good, but it doesn't always work well for long-range or multi-hop Air Transports, for (air) units that are flying, or for ground units in crowded, low-contrast locations. I think a blink(ing) feature would be useful in each of these circumstances.

KFG
      I'm quoting myself here because, yes, I want to be a squeaky wheel about this. I'm on Day 15 of a WW3 game, and in the current map-and-units-colors-scheme, some of my units (planes especially, and ground units in smoking provinces) are almost invisible and take forever (almost) to find, each time I need to find them.

A function that would temporarily color all of my units hot-pink or some other high-visibility color (and perhaps put them into the top layer of the GUI's internal Z-layers) should solve this for me, and would remove one source of frustration that erodes the fun of playing.

I'm hoping that this would be relatively easy to implement and has a chance of showing up in the next few months.