Update - Patch Notes 2105.12

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Update - Patch Notes 2105.12

+ + + + UPDATE + + + +
      Railgun Balance change:
      • Reduced Tier 2/Tier 3 missile damage by 20%
        • Reduced T2 damage vs Missile from 4 to 3
        • Reduced T3 damage vs Missile from 9 to 7
      • Reduced Tier 2 fixed wing damage by 20%, Tier 3 by 10%
        • Reduced Tier 2 damage vs Aircraft from 6.5 to 5
        • Reduced Tier3 damage vs Aircraft from 8.5 to 7.5
      Fix:
      • Fixed issue where Special Forces units declare war when air assaulting to a province center
      + + Mobile + +
      • Added Landscape mode for all handheld Apple devices running iOS! (functionality on Android coming soon)
      • Added Alliance functionality for handheld
      • Fixed instances of missing Newspaper Articles texts when using predictive text functionality
      • Fixed wrong tooltip and join icon for full games
      • Fixed issue where Market offers couldn’t be scrolled through
      • Fixed missing custom names for Carriers
      • Fixed instance of missing tooltip when using unit heal button
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• another railgun air nerf, lmao

• Fixed issue where Special Forces units declare war when air assaulting to a province center
      FINALLY
      • Added Landscape mode for all handheld Apple devices running iOS! (functionality on Android coming soon)
      not that impressive but ok, better experience
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • I DON'T LIKE THE RAILGUN NERF!
      However, since I use more special forces than pretty much anyone else, IDK what to say.
      :rolleyes:
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • I oppose nerfing any units* in any way at any time. Instead, create more powerful counters and adjust balance that way.

* - except for nerfing the Naval AWACS, I can get behind nerfing the Naval AWACS, it is ridiculously OP.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I oppose nerfing any units* in any way at any time. Instead, create more powerful counters and adjust balance that way.
      An interesting remark and one I tend to agree with. Games like MOBAS and Arena Shooters can definitely benefit from this approach, but not all games can sustain an environment where one unit overpowers the other, and in the case of a strategy game things aren't so simple in terms of balance since so many permutations and combinations have influence over one another. This is the reason some TCGs outright ban cards - as they are too much of a powerhouse.

With this being said, this is a general observation. In the case of Railguns, I can understand players POV where a dedicated unit which is inherently strong has been nerfed to the point of infeasibility. I think it's no secret that Railguns were incredibly strong, which adds reason to you mentioning to bring another unit up to level for a viable counter, the problem/solution creates a domino effect though.

As of the current meta, the Railgun needed to be toned down. As things develop and change, this may be subject to change, can't say for sure. What I do want to say is that discussion allows both you (the players) to contribute to shaping the game, as well as playing it. The meta is developed by players ultimately. Nerfing or buffing units will both have an effect, but in an actively changing meta, conservative changes can provide as a better stepping stone as opposed to constant counter balancing.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Well There are 3 season units that dont get nerfed...i aske myself why
      What do you mean tho, I'm thinking the only ones not nerfed so far are elite bomber and elite sub
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• makes 2 and now add elite tanks?

I think is just because no one really needs them...

You know I run this game like a business and i look for the biggest bang for my cash. So I ask my self

Why shoudl I build elite tank?
      I hardly go into meely...my helicoprters and MRL do the dirty work and they heal way faster then a 60HP tank....
      Why shoudl i build elite sub?
      I wanne conquer and subs are mainly passive...i might be able to catch a convoy or two but the big battles are made somewhere else...
      Why should I build elite bomber?
      Its to expensive for the strategic option to drop a missle on the enemy city. For he ame resources + Research i might as well conquer it...

And now here come elite heli and elite railgun:

Perfect predator weapons! thats why they get nerfed all the time...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

makes 2 and now add elite tanks?

I think is just because no one really needs them...

You know I run this game like a business and i look for the biggest bang for my cash. So I ask my self

Why shoudl I build elite tank?
      I hardly go into meely...my helicoprters and MRL do the dirty work and they heal way faster then a 60HP tank....
      Why shoudl i build elite sub?
      I wanne conquer and subs are mainly passive...i might be able to catch a convoy or two but the big battles are made somewhere else...
      Why should I build elite bomber?
      Its to expensive for the strategic option to drop a missle on the enemy city. For he ame resources + Research i might as well conquer it...

And now here come elite heli and elite railgun:

Perfect predator weapons! thats why they get nerfed all the time...
      Well, I kinda get this: "I wanne conquer and subs are mainly passive...i might be able to catch a convoy or two but the big battles are made somewhere else..." but a wolfpack of elite subs can make short work of other naval stacks not sticking to deep water.
      but especially, ...
      I don't get this, at all: "Its to expensive for the strategic option to drop a missile on the enemy city. For he same resources + Research i might as well conquer it..."
      Well really the only point of BMs anyway is to destroy building in home cities. Since home cities are usually somewhat centered or insulated by occupied cities, conquering can take a lot of time. I once demolished a 5 man coalition using stealth bombers and missile subs, without conquering 1 territory. If I had elite bombers, I could have done it in half the time. without any production, they all quit one by one and I was able to absorb the territory at my leisure. So, yeah elite bombers are expensive, but very much cost effective.
      The KING of CoN News!!!